Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Range Rover P38 > Bordeaux
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 8 <12345678>
Print this entire topic · 
Huttopia

United Kingdom 

Mike, thank you, the brochure arrived yesterday, very kind of you.

Thanks

Huttopia

Post #476051 17th Apr 2018 6:04am
Huttopia

United Kingdom 

All I’ve done so far is put petrol in and smile. 500 or so miles of sedate driving. I’ve cleaned the front seats but that has been it.

The remedial work starts 4th May when it goes to 4x4 Development for a mechanical run through and service. The paintwork that needs attending to is being done after that.
I’ve got a new Bordeaux decal made up and a rear badge on order. I’ve done the grille with a coating of G4 Techniq and it has come up pretty well. The drivers seat base is scheduled for replacement in Nov.
So getting there slowly and enjoying the process.

Post #476669 24th Apr 2018 6:18pm
Huttopia

United Kingdom 

Reached this milestone today, not bad for 17 years!

A drop link and a service have been it so far, circa 1500 miles, very happy. I’ve noticed the passenger side micro switch can scroll intermittently and the cruise control once set can sometimes get slower, but I’m living with these for now.

The kids love the old bus!

Post #480259 5th Jun 2018 8:44pm
DavidL

England 

The grills fade as they dry out over the years. To get can idea of the original colour find the cheapest vegetable oil you have in the cupboard and gently rub it in. If doesn't last forever but it does improve things. If you're feeling brave you can also gently heat the plastic with a hairdryer as this also restores some of the colour.

Post #480323 6th Jun 2018 11:08pm
Huttopia

United Kingdom 

Thanks David L, I cleaned it all down and used some gtechniq product on it, which brought it bake to life. It doesn’t look brand new, but good enough.

I see LRO this month have P38s as ‘hot’ in their buying guide. That will be the day!

PH

Post #480380 7th Jun 2018 8:21pm
Huttopia

United Kingdom 

Hi,

I’m after a bit of advice re the central door locking on the P38. Whilst driving along the central locking would from time to time lock and unlock- except for the drivers door. I thought the issue was with the passenger door so replaced the control module (micro switch assembly). A brief road test this morning revealed it had made no difference. I’d rather not work my way around replacing all of the modules one by one. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Paul

Post #482264 30th Jun 2018 11:09am
Security Agent

England 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

I have the same problem. Also had difficulty opening rear tailgat sometimes. Lubricant on all moving lock parts and cleaned out the button and it seems to have cured itself for the past 2 weeks

Post #484253 24th Jul 2018 6:46pm
Huttopia

United Kingdom 

Alternator bearings started playing up so new alternator and belt fitted last week. I’ve managed to source a passenger door arm rest and peg surround. I’m still looking for a pair of loadcover stop hinges!

Still enjoying the P38 and just saving up for a bit of bodywork fettling to make her look spot on. She is in to Stitch Perfect in a couple of weeks for the drivers seat base to be redone and the rest of the leather cleaned properly. Hopefully by next summer she’ll be good enough to show. Laughing

Last week I did half a day at Eastnor in a new fullfat RR, an SE with a lot of extras. I’ve done it in a 110 and a D4. The RR was a nice place to be but a bit point and squirt for my agricultural tastes. Build quality was interesting- the touchscreen didn’t come to life when first started up and later lost some images relating to diffs whilst in use. It had also had a replacement rear diff at 2000 miles. It was an enjoyable morning though followed by a nice lunch in the sunshine at the Malvern Hills hotel. Thumbs Up

Post #492587 16th Oct 2018 7:05pm
Huttopia

United Kingdom 

Taking the P38 out of storage at the weekend, looking forward to having the old girl back, and of course finding out what has decided to pack up!!

Pennies need to be scraped together to fund a few bodywork repairs and a mop and polish, then we are good for the odd show.

I’m still on the look out for a pair of load cover stop hinges, if anyone has a knackered cream / light stone load cover stop with its hinge stops, please shout!!

Thanks

Huttopia

Post #506603 27th Feb 2019 6:46pm
RR2008HSE

Canada 2008 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

Huttopia wrote:
Thanks David L, I cleaned it all down and used some gtechniq product on it, which brought it bake to life. It doesn’t look brand new, but good enough.

I see LRO this month have P38s as ‘hot’ in their buying guide. That will be the day!

PH

LRO seems to have quite a bias in favour of the P38.

Love the interiors. Look great. Enough wood and leather to be posh. Enough plastic to wear very well.

Post #506924 1st Mar 2019 7:57pm
Huttopia

United Kingdom 

Got the P38 out of storage at the weekend, connected to a freshly charged battery and she started first time. I got all the normal ‘window not set’ warnings which cleared with the normal up and down a couple of times.

I’ve now got to bite the bullet and source a new lower tailgate and have the bodywork tidied up. Looking like about £1500-1800. Sills, bumpers, both rear wheel arches have some rust....on it goes. She still only done 59k so worth keeping up together.

Huttopia

Post #509108 18th Mar 2019 7:02pm
Gsxr1250dave

England 

Recently put mine into storage after getting little use since getting the l322 after spending the last few years refurbing it...the list is to long but it still holds up being the 4.6 against my 4.4 m62.

Mite sell it in the spring cant decide

Post #509124 18th Mar 2019 8:13pm
Huttopia

United Kingdom 

I managed to track down a new old stock lower tailgate for a whopping £775 plus shipping plus vat, so will give that a miss and try to source a decent second hand unit. It will be prepped and painted so it doesn't matter what colour it is, just the condition. That inside lip is a properly poor piece of design, a real corrosion trap!

Debating whether to get a JLR classic stereo / sat nav at some point, it would bring it up to date without looking brash.

Post #509237 19th Mar 2019 7:22pm
RickR

England 2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Galway Green

Hello there, nice P38. Regarding your tailgate issue, there`s a breaker local to me might be able to help, not far from Lincoln. Amazon 4x4. phone no. 01673 863322. His name`s Dan. Ive used him int` past, reasonable prices (or at least used to be!) Good luck.

Post #509888 26th Mar 2019 11:59am
Huttopia

United Kingdom 

Thanks Rick, I’ll follow up.

The P38 has disgraced itself this week, it won’t recognise the key fob, so the engine is disabled. The central locking isn’t working so I can’t enter the EKA. Currently awaiting a tow truck to take it to Dave Hodgetts at 4x4 Development.

I suspect it is all my fault for not fully charging the battery when I took it out of storage a fortnight ago. The joy of P38 ownership, but the first time she has let me down since I’ve had her.

Post #509986 27th Mar 2019 10:01am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 8 <12345678>