Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > l322 cost of ownership
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
uzp315

Joe90 wrote:
Google Map of Bruntingthorpe Airfield - checkout all the cars - using the runway as well!

Crackers, although it doesn't quite look like the numbers my friend quoted, maybe he over stated the case.

Regsardless though - https://www.theguardian.com/business/galle...nsold-cars

I imagine manufactures invested in scaling up production, whether through finance or cash, but either way committed to a volume of production that is just nuts. For all the stupid, and idiotic decisions we witness by those that are supposed to "know what they are doing" this has got to be one of the biggest bubbles waiting to burst, and another smash in the face for the global economy. What were they thinking ? CEOs that made these decisions should not be entitled to the money they earn, because this is clear proof their decisions were no better than ones I could have made. Highly irresponsible as well!

Last edited by uzp315 on 5th Jan 2019 3:34pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #500643 5th Jan 2019 3:31pm
uzp315

PS. Sorry, didn't mean to hi jack the thread.

Post #500644 5th Jan 2019 3:32pm
dexion7

2010 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Alaska White

the gaudian article is 2009!

don't know what age the google sat image is but the problem looks mostly like the manufacturers painted them the worng colour as most on the runway are black Laughing

Post #500657 5th Jan 2019 5:43pm
gg2201

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Santorini Black

Since May its cost me £6800 roughly..... Had a few larger bills if I took away what was covered under warranty it is about £4500

I am not including Fuel in this as I've done 11,000 miles in it since then also but work more then covers my fuel cost so swings and roundabouts I guess.

In terms of leasing it is all about shopping around as there are some amazing deals out there and the key is to never ever buy a car on PCP it is an absolute rip off unless you really intend to keep the car a long time and you can afford to pay an inflated finance price for the privilege.

PCH is the way to go most manufacturers will steer you away from this as they don't make as much money on these deals but they are becoming increasingly more popular. The bf has a Golf R Estate as fun daily on PCH the deal he got was 6 +23 at £279 a month or basically £8000 cost of ownership for over those two years and you walk away at the end. A 2 Year old Golf R will depreciate more then £8000 in the space of 2 years. A PCP deal was nearly double that cost as an example with a far heftier deposit.....

In business they always say only buy an assett if it appreciates in value and you should lease something that depreciates. Cars technically aren't much different but if you are buying new you should certainly lease. If its used consider the amount of depreciation and can you live with it.

We looked at a 2 year old L405 today at our local dealer it had 25k on the clock and was £50k cheaper then it was new ouch Big Cry Shocked 2011 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography

Post #501351 12th Jan 2019 9:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12