Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > radio dead l322 SC 2012
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Bushy30

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Galway Green

No, they pretty much have the same amount of electronic control systems.

See here for one example: -

https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic39238...+procedure

and another: -

https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic49827...+procedure

From the Wikki on the disconnection procedure: -

https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/post67804.html#67804

You still have to short the leads for 'hard reset' Current: 2011 FFRR Vogue SE 4.4 TDV8
Previous: -
2004 FFRR Vogue 4.4 V8 with LPG
1997 P38 4.0 SE with LPG
1997 P38 4.6 Vogue with LPG

Post #513048 24th Apr 2019 3:10pm
mohammed abood

United Arab Emirates 

Hi there,
First of all thanks for the info and the detailed addresses. I've checked them and the web as well and their pretty the same. I will do the hard reset and see what's the outcome.
Once again thanks for every one helped clarifying me the details and let's hope it works out. Thumbs Up

Post #513111 25th Apr 2019 1:34am
mohammed abood

United Arab Emirates 

Hi every one,
Today is my off day and I had the chance to work on my l322. I’ve made as you guys asked me to do and thanks to all of u especially Bushy30, but nothing worked.
I’ve made the following,
1. Checked the fuses in the glove box.
2. Reset the car from main battery for 30sec.
3. Didn’t do hard resetting by shortening the red and black car terminals together cause I know there is another battery in the boot for the starter, so I don’t know whether it will damage that one or not.
4. Car date and details got resettled but radio remained dead and power button blinking as usual.
5. I’ve done the step of the bypassing the Bluetooth wire and hook them together but nothing happened still jammed.
6. One thing I’ve noticed from a friend’s car that the power button blinks when the car is off and when u turn it on the light becomes straight light only. In my car it remains blinking even after the car is on.
Guys I wanted to ask you couple of things if anyone can help me cause I have my doubts.
1. If I make resetting to the car would it be enough 30 seconds only or I need more. And if I keep it for more like 20 minutes would it hurt the car systems.
2. Wouldn’t the second battery in the boot support the car systems to keep the memory.
3. I didn’t make hard resetting by shortening the terminals together off the battery cause I know there is another battery in the boot. So if I make hard reset would it heart the second battery or not plz.
4. Also the reason I’m asking this cause my friends car 2011 it has a sticker in the engine bay shows a battery to be removed and it says 120 sec. what does it mean plz.
5. In the Bluetooth module area where the fibre optic lines are would it heart if I remove the pin and see if there Is any light coming from one side. I mean the idea is to make the light passes to the other side of the cable but if remove the cable would I see one side glowing or not …just asking.
Guys I’m out of clues can anyone help plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz its crazy to drive without Bluetooth when ur on a call and no radio while driving to work for about 35 minute. Man it’s killing like literally it’s a punishment.
Plzzzzzzzz anything will do. Cheers Big Cry
Moe

Post #513430 28th Apr 2019 1:25am
mohammed abood

United Arab Emirates 

also sorry I forgot one thing more, if the fiber optic cable to give light from one side and its physically can be seen if I remove the plug. assuming this is true and if I remove the plug and I don't see any light from both sides of the cable although if u check carefully on the plug its Cleary mentioned arrows of in and out.

so lets say both has no light what would be the problem then....
Moe

Post #513431 28th Apr 2019 1:31am
Bushy30

Ok, didn't know about your second battery, disconnect that too and do the hard reset.

Further, you can isolate each unit on the MOST bus by using the bic pen method, search the forum for that, should help identify which unit in the chain is stopping the boot up sequence! Current: 2011 FFRR Vogue SE 4.4 TDV8
1997 P38 4.0 SE with LPG

Post #513462 28th Apr 2019 11:26am
mohammed abood

United Arab Emirates 

Hi there every one,
bushy30….buddy you’ve mentioned “can isolate each unit on the MOST bus by using the bic pen method”, I will search on it but can you explain it to me better plz kindly if you can and I will search. If you can note me to any thing new Plz let me know cause im new to this vehicle.

Sincerely yours,

Moe

Post #513520 29th Apr 2019 9:56am
Bushy30

https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic24270.html?highlight=bic+pen Current: 2011 FFRR Vogue SE 4.4 TDV8
1997 P38 4.0 SE with LPG

Post #513524 29th Apr 2019 10:05am
mohammed abood

United Arab Emirates 

Hi buddy,
Very grateful for the link uve supported me with and I have written a request if any one has this issue before but read the whole thing same like others the bluetooth issue but in mine it's not its something else but no one seems to face such a issue before.
For the info out of curiosity I've checked if the optical wire gives a signal from one end like in some videos and it doesn't.
And according to the MOST I have to check where is the previous link to this optical cable which I have no clue at all . see no signal no device working but where is the cable starts and ends Whistle Whistle Whistle ....I don't know....if u can help or anyone I will be grateful.

Post #513918 1st May 2019 10:58pm
Bushy30

Head unit, then to the rear, Bluetooth etc Current: 2011 FFRR Vogue SE 4.4 TDV8
1997 P38 4.0 SE with LPG

Post #513920 1st May 2019 11:09pm
mohammed abood

United Arab Emirates 

So bro let me get this clear plz you mean the optical cable is all along the devices in the car from the display unit to the back and every thing else.
If this is true I ahvent seen any thing else connected with the optical wires only the bluetooth and the rest like the amplifier and else are all purely electrical.
Sorry for the trouble but do you have any diagram or drawing shows where the optical cable looping so I can know where to look backwards and forward from the bluetooth device.

Any clue would be appreciated cause I'm kind lost here.
Crying or Very sad

Post #514053 2nd May 2019 11:39pm
mohammed abood

United Arab Emirates 

Hi every one,
can any one reply on me plz .....any thing would help plzzzz does the fiber optic cables goes around the whole car electrcial modules or only the bluetooth plz help any info would be really appreciated.
As I've mentioned earlier I'm new to rr's and I don't want to mess around experimenting things cause from what I saw its not a car to mess with if u don't know what it doing.....so plz any info to fix the radio cause its killing without it 😭😭😭.
Thanks also to every one who communicated with me till now about my issues.

Post #514416 6th May 2019 7:11am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

look in the wiki for 'denso'.....

Post #514417 6th May 2019 7:19am
Bushy30

What Stan said ^^

But the short answer is yes, any module on the entertainment system will be connected to the optical system, as I described above. Current: 2011 FFRR Vogue SE 4.4 TDV8
1997 P38 4.0 SE with LPG

Post #514418 6th May 2019 7:36am
mohammed abood

United Arab Emirates 

Cheers guys,
Than u guys ur replies makes me feel safe that someone is feeling what misery I'm living in without radio in the car. It's like riding a stone man.
Any how thanks to every one.
First DENSO.....is it a short form for some phrase or u mean literally the Japanese denso company and if so then 2hat to look for in denso parts which is related to the subject

Frankly speaking I didn't check yet that's why I'm asking for clarficiacations.clarficiacations
What to check and where to look for details.
Thanks to stan for the info.
For bushy ....plz if what ur telling is true ....did u pass in the past for any schematics or blue prints or diagram which specify what is connected to where with the fiberoptic cables. I mean if this thing is available it will very handy tool instead of experimenting.
Any guidance or clues will be very handy guys.
Once again really thanks to everyone for their helps which makes me feel alive and there is someone always to help me .... Bow down Thumbs Up

Post #514441 6th May 2019 11:54am
mohammed abood

United Arab Emirates 

Also guys I wanted to notify to something if it might get in handy. I have downloaded a pdf file from the net for maintaining the l322 2010+ but its having all versions of engines and its 4000+ pages.
Do u believe that it might handy in my case. I searched for electrical issues but haven't found any thing regarding the radio frozen or optical cables or bluetooth. Its concentrated on the mechanical parts of the vehicle.
Just plz let me know where to dig in it if it.might be handy guys. Once again thanks every one.

Post #514442 6th May 2019 12:01pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12