Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > My Remapped 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 24 of 43 <123 ... 232425 ... 414243>
Print this entire topic · 
green-oval-nut

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Stornoway Grey

Another job to add to the list, PCV Valve needs changing according to diagnostics. All the pipes are fine as they were changed to silicone hoses when I got it. And the cyclone should be ok as it was cleaned out at the same time, but will probably give it another clean out.

Post #517335 3rd Jun 2019 6:01pm
green-oval-nut

Took the V8 to Sussex down Kompt Lane and Old Coach Road for a bit of childish puddle play and to take in the scenery.

Gave Oscar a bath once we were home. Took 2 goes of snow foam wash to get rid of all the chalk.

Post #517927 10th Jun 2019 1:15am
green-oval-nut

Took the V8 up to the Wings & Wheels show at Dunsfold Aerodrome, the show was a complete waste of time and money! But at least I got to go in comfort. I am guessing the latest excuse of a show labelled Top Gear will be moving to an alternative site after this series as the site is going to be a housing estate Laughing

Post #518708 17th Jun 2019 3:10am
green-oval-nut

What a Censored day yesterday was. Had to go down to take a friend to court, (2 hours round trip) while my partner took our dog to the vets. She has cancer, But was meant to be going in for an operation to have it removed, when I got back from court, received the devastating news that the cancer has spread too far, and that we will be lucky if she will survive more than a couple of months, but more likely going to be a few weeks as the cancer has spread rapidly. So nothing can be done.

So as I couldn't comfort eat anymore, I comfort shopped. So both the fatties have got parts coming that they need.

The V8 has been incredibly reliable, even went over the 130,000 mile marker yesterday.

Click image to enlarge

Post #519059 20th Jun 2019 1:14am
green-oval-nut

I had loads planned today in addition to washing all 3 motors, but pain threshold was reached and then some, so the cars just got washed. All had a 3 stage clean, with a 2 stage foam wash. No energy to T-Cut or polish them, so after being dried, I had to call the day quits and rest. But happy that both Range Rovers have had a deep clean, finally getting to dust off the pressure washer.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #519340 22nd Jun 2019 6:57pm
green-oval-nut

Been naughty again. Bought a job lot of parts, and ended up with these wheels as part of the job lot. The other parts are not compatible with my car, but these although scruffy, need 1 tyre and will be fitted in a couple of weeks. This weekend I am not planning any adventures in Oscar as I need to get Tank prepped for Monday's sidestep work.

Post #520040 29th Jun 2019 6:03pm
green-oval-nut

The cheap wheels were definitely worth the price I got them for Laughing I used Merlins Blood, think it's called loads of other names as well, but it is the colour changing fallout remover, and took of the engine oil, brake dust and grime off the wheels, which revealed left over bits of black paint which someone has already started removing. So my new 20" temporary wheels are possibly being DIY refurbished. 3 tyres are excellent and 1 tyre is damaged, so suspect that these may end up on the car a bit longer than originally planned, and the 5 spoke wheels might end up on my Autobiography Laughing Not made my mind up yet.

I had 1 of 2 operations this morning, but didn't go as planned which meant I got home much earlier, but thanks to my next door neighbour (40 going on 15) deciding after spending all evening getting drunk, that she would start playing her music loudly from 11pm until past 3am when I finally passed out from exhaustion, and was still going at 5.30am when I had to wake up to get ready to go to hospital. And even when I got back at mid day still going, so instead of getting the rest I needed, ended up tinkering and getting little jobs done that I could manage.

Click image to enlarge

Post #520080 29th Jun 2019 11:47pm
ur20v

A Trap 

Deleted

Last edited by ur20v on 4th Oct 2021 3:35pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #520097 30th Jun 2019 8:52am
green-oval-nut

Sad to say that 2 days ago an elderly drunk lady T-Boned my Range Rover Mad Big Cry
But apparently despite the fact she was in the outside lane to go right and I was in the middle lane which is straight on and right, I was at fault according to my insurance company. She hit me so hard in her fiesta that her car broke through the sidestep taking a big chunk out of it and hit my drivers door and bounced causing her car mirror to hit my rear door!

So now the car has gained a wobble, suspension is playing up, I have whiplash and my car needs repairs! Furious! I also called the police on the day to report that she smelt of booze but no officer attended the scene. So she will get away with drink driving!

My car is going into an accident repair centre hopefully tomorrow, based on photographs, my insurance company believe it will be repaired, but I have spoken to someone I know in the trade who thinks it is more likely to end up being written off.

Not sure what I am feeling right now.

But the old lady clearly should be on the road. And was very aggressive as well as moaning that she was supposed to be going on holiday the next morning so the accident was inconvenient Rolling Eyes

And to top it all off, my other Range Rover has decided it will not work once the engine is warm, so I am without a usable motor at the moment. And I have got to magic up the excess for my car.

Post #520680 5th Jul 2019 12:03am
green-oval-nut

Still not got the outcome to the accident. Really hope they hurry up. The suspense is killing me.

Post #520912 7th Jul 2019 12:48am
green-oval-nut

Well, I am now in arguments with the insurance company. I am certain the fault does not lay with me for the accident, and not only that, but the local accident repair company they chose that I rose my issues about before the car even went there, has stated that the suspension damage is nothing to do with the accident. But the suspension was replaced in July 2016, around 7000 miles covered, the accident caused the front drivers airbag to burst. Now this raises a new issue which the company who has my car are known for.

If the assessor had been honest and declared the suspension damage as part of the accident, then the car would be written off. But without the suspension damage, the repair would be approved with a bill just shy of £1500 to be paid by my insurance company. If the car is written off, the repair centre get nothing! Not even storage fee's. YET they are happy to return the car to me with the cosmetics sorted but in a dangerous unroadworthy condition. Go figure!

I was forced to use the company it's at, and would never use them out of choice, neither would 99% of the population of Tunbridge Wells who know them. Won't name the company just yet though as they still have my car.

A 2nd opinion has been requested for the damage and I will be present. I don't actually want the car written off either, I just want it to be repaired and safe. Further more, the insurance company have now stated that if the suspension is deemed not part of the accident damage, that the car will have everything but the suspension repaired, and I will not be allowed to demand the car back unrepaired! Absolutely diabolical Shocked

I hope to get them to change the claim to non fault, and I want them to compensate me for all this aggravation as well.

Fingers crossed this is over quicker than I was hit.

But in the picture you will see I have marked out what happened. I am the yellow line, the drunk elderly woman is the red line, she stopped when I shouted at her before she crashed into me, I got the whole sentence saying 'You are in the wrong Censored lane' out when she stopped and then she accelerated into the side of me. I was moving very slowly when shouting at her. But the orange dot is where she hit me. Had she not accelerated after stopping, no crash would have happened. I am not sure if it was because she was drunk, or if it was road rage.

Post #521253 9th Jul 2019 7:18pm
drakes

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

In the diagram it looks like you were turning right in a straight on lane and she was going straight on in a lane that is for either straight or right 2010 3.6TDV8 Stornoway Grey/ Black interior - gone
2005 4.4V8 (M62) Bonatti Grey/ Parchment interior - gone
1998 4.6HSE Blue/ Cream interior (can't remember exact colours) - gone
1977 White - gone (should have kept)

Post #521273 9th Jul 2019 8:46pm
green-oval-nut

If you look at the point of impact, I had already passed that exit. And was cork screwing the lanes like most other roundabouts to my exit. The lane on the right is not painted correctly.

Post #521281 9th Jul 2019 9:12pm
green-oval-nut

Idle hands & idle minds make a bad combination. Can't sleep, so idea's started going round in my head. I remembered that the Kahn grill was on my list of to do's to paint and refresh the mesh. But decided to go one step further. I am sacrificing an aftermarket 2012 L322 grill and combining it with the Kahn grill. The pictures show my progress so far, the last picture shows a sport grill offered up behind the Kahn grill. It will look better when it is finished and the badge will sit in a different place to that one.

Post #521302 10th Jul 2019 12:43am
green-oval-nut

The saga continues with my V8. The independent assessor turned up giving me 20 minutes notice so I could not attend Censored the garage who have it admitted that they know nothing about air suspensions and don't have the equipment to inspect it themselves Shocked Rolling Eyes So how can you give an honest statement say that the suspension you know nothing about could not have been damaged in the accident? And because an independent assessor came out, the current garage are demanding that the car is removed from there premises asap and taken to a main dealer to inspect it Laughing Rolling Eyes and the same garage also told me that my car was parked in there storage yard. My Mum and I checked, it was nowhere to be seen! Ran out of energy to deal with this issue on the phone with my insurance company, so going to call them tomorrow and find out what the Censored is going on.

But at least now I am not stranded without transport as my other fatty is fixed and back on the road. But I just want to know if my insurance company are going to make my car look good again and return it mechanically unroadworthy, or if they are going to write it off. I am now hoping that it is just written off, then depending on the buy back price, would be looking to get it back and repair it all myself. But wouldn't be sad if the bodywork and sidestep were done.

So many mixed emotions about this Range Rover now.

The car I lined up to replace it, is no longer an option. So we will have to wait and see.
The only good thing is that having the car away from home is proving to be a blessing as we have 10 weeks of new gas pipes being installed on my road which has halved the parking spaces, which is absolute hell.

I have gone ahead with the grill upgrade though. Got the final coat of primer on today.
Just need to rub it down with wet & dry sand paper and then hunt for black paint, or buy some black paint soon.

Post #521525 11th Jul 2019 10:50pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 24 of 43 <123 ... 232425 ... 414243>