Print this entire topic · 
ur20v

A Trap 

Deleted

Last edited by ur20v on 4th Oct 2021 3:32pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #527145 5th Sep 2019 12:36pm
gj88

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver

I know you'll be well ahead of me, but I'd be running a country mile from your insurer. They've got no right to stop you going to your preferred garage at the outset anyway, as I've said before, they can't double your excess because you don't use their approved repairer, and all that on top of the rest of the mess. At least you now know who not to use

Post #527147 5th Sep 2019 12:45pm
green-oval-nut

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Stornoway Grey

The painful part isn't over yet though. Got to get the offer through officially so I can tell them to shove it Rolling with laughter Then plan on taking offer number 2 or 3 depending on how hard they want to play with this. But unlikely to hear from them until Monday now. However, renewal came up on my other car who WAS with them, and from the 23rd will be with another insurer that I have already paid the deposit for. Then this one is stuck with the idiots until February, then will be Rolling with laughter running a country mile Rolling with laughter

But a brand new air strut is being installed as soon as I have the money, then I will be rebuilding the suspension compressor, front door is being professionally sorted and the dent is being pulled out, looking into options regarding the hinges, and will be fitting new aftermarket sidesteps myself and buffing the rear door. Then just need to source some good front and rear bumpers and replace the parking sensors and front number plate. Big Cry

All this at the same time as breaking fatty number 3, and getting fatty number 2 fixed Rolling with laughter Oh and to add insult to injury, our C-Max threw its 1st hissy fit, but thanks to my over investing and being asset rich, I am mega cash poor, to the extent I had to borrow money from my parents for fuel today Rolling with laughter My own fault. But will be sorted in a couple of weeks. But this meant the C-Max under the AA BRC cover had to be taken to a garage who allow us to only pay the excess of £35 for the repair as apposed to having to pay the entire bill up front and recover it from the AA. So the C-Max is in Halfords Auto Centre Crying or Very sad Embarassed but we get a shiny new Censored Focus as a hire car for a few days.

Drama, Drama, Drama. The day is nearly over, I only have 1 more thing to do, then I can relax. Wish I was able to move forwards with the V8's repairs now though.

Ramble over... Whistle Rolling with laughter

Post #527163 5th Sep 2019 4:55pm
green-oval-nut

Shocked Had an interesting conversation with a garage today that revealed something I had no idea was being considered. My insurance company are looking at paying for my car to be repaired after all, but they haven't made their minds up yet. The assessor said Cat N write off, so I guess the assessor is just an advisor and the insurance company make the final decision. Never heard of them ignoring there paid advisors before though Rolling with laughter

So just when I thought I had a definitive answer, they start making my head spin again.

2 and a half months I have now been without my V8, and the annoying thing is, I pass the car every so often when I am running errands. Quite upsetting to be honest, as I just want to get it back.

Wish I hadn't bothered claiming on my insurance. My car would have been fixed weeks ago.

I have a set of side steps, I had a door lined up, I have spare air struts at the moment until they sell, and I have a spare compressor now.

Very depressing situation.

Post #528273 16th Sep 2019 9:29pm
green-oval-nut

I can confirm after hounding my insurance company with more than 15 emails in a 24 hours period, that they haven't decided what they are going to do yet. They are looking at how much it is going to cost to repair the car as they are fully aware of the centimental value this car has and how big my complaint is.

However, my TD6 is starting to act its mileage and I am fully aware of a couple of jobs looming over its head, and as my insurance company still haven't provided a courtesy or hire car. I have gone and bought a temporary car. I now own, 3 Range Rover L322's and 2 Ford C-Max's Rolling with laughter Plus a D2. I don't have access to the D2 unless it involves certain repairs Rolling with laughter 1 L322 is in pieces, this one is awaiting a decision and is not allowed to be used, and the TD6 needs a rest Rolling with laughter and the black C-Max is used by my partner for the work run, and now I have a project manual C-Max now known as MoFo due to its reg.

I had no choice but to buy this.

I really can't wait to get Oscar back on the road and sell MoFo on.

Post #528502 19th Sep 2019 12:04am
green-oval-nut

Well that didn't go as planned!

Went to pick my new temporary car up this morning, not more than 20 yards from where I parked it, the wheel bearing went! So MoFo the C-Max was limped to a garage for repairs Shocked Rolling Eyes

And I went to add it on on a temporary basis, 30 days over £80 or change my policy to a multi cover type and and £36 extra per month, so guess what, I now have 3 insured on the road cars, and NONE that can really be used Rolling with laughter

Tank is ok to use at lower speeds so at least got that for town journeys, and I made it distinctly clear to the insurance company that I felt I had no choice but had to buy another car as a courtesy / hire car is not being provided unless my car is repaired. And I am beginning to wonder if I will ever get to enjoy my V8 again at this rate.

Post #528571 19th Sep 2019 10:18pm
knares

Australia 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

keep peddling mate, you will get there RR 2005 4.4 petrol
Any spelling mistakes are the fault of spellchecker
Previous MG J2, CITROEN light 15 x 2 gone unfortunately
Present MERC 180e, RANGE ROVER L322, JAGUAR XJS, MERC 280SE, MG F, JAGUAR S-Type 6v 2003, jaguar s-type 8v 2004, Ford Cougar

Post #528584 20th Sep 2019 12:53am
green-oval-nut

On my travels today, had to pass my V8 twice, very disheartening knowing it is sitting there costing me money and not allowed to use it.

I pulled over and blocked the traffic 1 side to get a photo Rolling with laughter

Post #529117 25th Sep 2019 11:41pm
green-oval-nut

Delivered one of the cars I was selling to its new owner, you wouldn't believe where the delivery address was. Yup, you guessed it (NOT), right where Oscar is parked! Shocked No joke Laughing So I parked the little car in front of Oscar.

This is the only way I get to get any enjoyment out of my V8 Big Cry Fuel now gone stale, car is now sat rotting and costing me money just to sit there as the insurance company have still not made a decision!!! Censored

Post #529603 30th Sep 2019 6:15pm
Paul thornton

United Kingdom 

Why are the insurance messing you about so much?! I hope they are going to compensate you?

And, how come your car is just left parked outside someone's house?

Post #529604 30th Sep 2019 6:25pm
green-oval-nut

Longish story. Incompetence sums it up Laughing

To make this story as short as possible, basically, they deemed the accident my fault, that is in the process of being fought, then they gave me the choice of 2 repairers, both bad reputations, told them before it went I was not happy so the car is going under protest. The approved repairer used my car with the front suspension collapsed to drive around my local town, and ragged it from Tunbridge Wells to Aylesford after not being able to run diagnostics, so drove it to a main dealer. While it was being used and they got caught by my partner and photographed driving my car as the idiots were only the next industrial estate up from where my partner works, they had had 3 accidents in my car! Front and rear bumpers damaged by them, parking sensors all killed by them, and the bent the drivers door hinges with red paint left on the edge of the drivers door.

I was informed where the car went, told the main dealer not to give the keys back, not aware of the additional accident damage, called my insurance company as I was fuming about them driving it, insurance gave the green light for me to retrieve the car, the main dealer inflated the suspension for me to be able to drive it, I made the sidestep safe, but found the needle was actually way below red! So limped it to the nearest petrol station and drove the car home.

Then my insurance company gave me the green light to take it wherever I wanted as long as it wasn't a main dealer, so chose a garage who know these cars and more to the point, know my car. My insurance company agreed to pay the garage storage short term and recovered the car to the garage, then decided not to pay storage any longer, and I was notified that the car would be parked near to the garage but not on site after a month of it sitting in there yard, until my insurance company decide what to do.

The insurance assessor has recommended that the car is written off, however my insurance company know a law suite is now hanging over them, and are trying to decide if my car should be fixed regardless of cost which is what was offered initially, Until they received the estimate which I guess was a little hard to swallow Rolling with laughter and now they are seeking advice regarding the estimates received.

So my car is on a road with my blessing as it has a tracker anyway, I would love to give the green light for the garage to do some of the repairs, but legally not allowed to. My legal position right now is, unless I pull out of the claim which is still classed as a claim and affects my policy anyway, I am not allowed to use the car, it has to stay put until a decision is made.

But whatever the outcome, the car is being fixed.

It is winding me right up though, As I have now got ALL the parts to repair the car.

Hope that was shortened enough Rolling with laughter

The people in the house it is outside of don't own a car and don't mind it being parked there, I checked as didn't want it to gain any vandalism damage Laughing and made them aware of my situation with the car so they know it isn't just dumped.

But it is insured, MOT'd and Taxed. The MOT isn't due until next year anyway. But going to have to do something about the fuel asap.

Post #529607 30th Sep 2019 6:49pm
green-oval-nut

Got fed up with not getting replies to my many many many emails Rolling with laughter So plucked up the courage to phone them. I have a big fear of talking on the phone, so it is a big deal to me. But got told that is it happens, they were about to call the garage where the car is to clarify something. The old saying that we used to use in primary school springs to mind, Chinny Chinny Reckon Rolling with laughter

And as if by magic 4 hours after I spoke to the insurance company on the phone, I get a call from the garage owner, Information now clarified. The same information that they have been trying to clarify for how long is it now? Oh wait, 3 months!

Promised a final decision by early next week. That to me says, If haven't heard by the end of Tuesday, I will be hot on their heals Wednesday!

Looking at the parts needed to repair the car and not having the car to fit them to is driving me insane!

Post #530040 4th Oct 2019 4:01pm
green-oval-nut

Absolutely gobsmacked. Admiral are THE WORST company I have EVER dealt with. I am furious!

Conveniently sent as they were about to close, I received an email to say that they have decided neither to repair or write off my car. That I have to collect it by the 9th October or the company who is storing my car will charge me £15 a day storage. Shocked Wait What the Censored ?

Apparently my car had NO fuel in it when it was received by their approved repairer. Hmmmm……. So how did it get driven around and so far while they had it?!

And apparently the parking sensors and all the additional damage was there when the car was received! Ermmmmm…. what happened to the photo's taken on the insurance companies own app which demonstrated that no other damage was present? And wait, hang on a minute, I replaced the parking sensors all round just a couple of weeks before the accident! And erm, how did my door hinges get bent? Considering I had no problems in shutting the door when I delivered the car to them?

I am absolutely outraged!

Luckily the garage who has my car is one I know and trust and won't be charging me any storage fee's, however I cannot afford to pay for the suspension to be repaired this month.

I will never be insuring with Admiral again, and will be fighting this. But this leaves me in a crap position.

And sods law says, There was an excellent air strut on the breaker Range Rover, but of course, That was sold yesterday Big Cry

Right... I am off to go and sort this Censored storm of a situation out.

Post #530334 8th Oct 2019 8:01pm
green-oval-nut

Right, A lot of moving money around, has enabled me to get the suspension repair ball rolling. Brand new Delphi unit ordered, and being fitted by the garage before I drive it back.

£230 including delivery, then have to deliver it to the garage.

So Oscar will be home at the end of next week.

Now got to try and make some money asap.

Last edited by green-oval-nut on 9th Oct 2019 11:23pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #530336 8th Oct 2019 8:18pm
knares

Australia 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

unbelievable RR 2005 4.4 petrol
Any spelling mistakes are the fault of spellchecker
Previous MG J2, CITROEN light 15 x 2 gone unfortunately
Present MERC 180e, RANGE ROVER L322, JAGUAR XJS, MERC 280SE, MG F, JAGUAR S-Type 6v 2003, jaguar s-type 8v 2004, Ford Cougar

Post #530363 9th Oct 2019 9:33am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 28 of 43 <123 ... 272829 ... 414243>