Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > suspension bong
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Tinman

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Silicon Silver
suspension bong

Here we go again after 18 months of trouble-free suspension faults the bong starts when I turn the ignition on, if I turn off the light goes out, I have changed the compressor and a ride-height control 18 months ago.
I plugged in my IID tool and the fault is BCM-Body Control Interior motion sensor-component failure.
Can anyone tell me where it is and how to replace it?

Any help, please

Post #536572 6th Dec 2019 5:13pm
rjff

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

Can you put up the DTC if you got it from the IID. please? Cheers
Richard

(there are no such things as an ordinary FullFat, an ordinary cat or too many tools)
2011 TDV8 Vogue Santorini Black
Gap IIDBT

Post #536574 6th Dec 2019 5:52pm
Dolphinboy

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

Interior motion? That’s the alarm sensor isn’t it? Not sure why that affects yor suspension. Not sure if this helps but on the earlier l322 models the bcu was under the pax seat and easy to get out and examine or change. A new one was c. £200 iirc. Shocked

Post #536578 6th Dec 2019 6:38pm
Tinman

Hi, It states B112C-96 (2F) Interior motion sensor-Component failure-internal failure
can't see why that would stop the height control from not working, a yellow triangle on the dash as I have said turning off ignition off it clears until the next time.

Post #536586 6th Dec 2019 8:05pm
rjff

Hi Tinman

As with Dolpinboy, I'm not sure either why that fault indication would effect suspension operation.

As far as I can tell the motion sensor shows as being in the roof panelling to the rear of the sunroof. Perhaps in the rear seat light. Out of interest, have you looked at the WM in the WIki. useful and can be downloaded.

Sorry I can't be more helpful at present. Cheers
Richard

(there are no such things as an ordinary FullFat, an ordinary cat or too many tools)
Gap IIDBT

Post #536589 6th Dec 2019 8:32pm
Tinman

Now that you have pointed out about the motion sensor in the roof before I got the Bong I had locked the car and walked away and the alarm went off for no reason? I want back to the car unlocked opened the driver's door closed again and locked it no more alarm going off just the Bong only now and again?
Am I right in thinking that if you have a door open you can not operate the suspension anyway so the motion sensor is falsely
sensing door open could be all connected?
I will check out the WM in Wiki and if I find the cause will update the findings.

Thanks to all that responded Thumbs Up

Post #536621 7th Dec 2019 8:18am
rjff

Door open and the suspension won't change height. AFAIK the motion sensor does that, not check the doors' closed. (try leaving the sunroof open and setting the alarm, you'lll get the alarm going off a 2 in the moring, trust me I know Rolling Eyes ) If you want to check the motion sensor operation, open the drivers window, close the doors and set the alarm and double lock. Wave hand and arm about through the window and the alarm should go off. Cheers
Richard

Gap IIDBT

Post #536635 7th Dec 2019 11:43am
Tinman

Up-date to the Bong, I can not use the height control buttons when the yellow triangle is showing which is obvious,
I connect the IID tool to check any faults Nothing showing scroll to adjust height press off-road height up she goes press Access height down she goes when I disconnect tool and turn off ign no Bong no Yellow light nothing wrong drive around for a couple of days then Bong Censored
What I did notice when I had the IID connected and was raising the height one corner was very slow to raise compared to the other corners is that normal? But they all were equal when raising was complete.

Any offers as what to look at next?

Cheers All and Merry Christmas one and all

Post #538110 21st Dec 2019 3:26pm
Gsxr1250dave

England 
Very odd

All a bit odd that I'm in kent to if you want to swing by I can plug my Hawkeye in and see if that agrees with your diag

Post #538119 21st Dec 2019 4:51pm
Tinman

Many thanks for the offer I am currently in the south of Spain for the winter had some good weather up until yesterday and today getting blown around from the tail end of a very bad storm 60/80 Kph gust which is sure rattling the tin tent no sleep
Will take up your offer when I get back if that ok with you Thumbs Up

Post #538126 21st Dec 2019 6:00pm
Gsxr1250dave

England 
Yep

Yes Tinman give me a shout when your back

Post #538146 21st Dec 2019 9:25pm
Tinman

The light came and went which was very strange and the fault code I was reading had nothing to do with the problem?
so looked more into the IID tool and found it was not getting a message to vent the system I cleared the faults and I've had no return of the problem for two weeks now and use it up and down at will, there is so much to find with the IID tool happy days.

Post #540390 13th Jan 2020 4:48am
Tinman

Update to my last post in addition to the Battery post? Changed battery? Now I have been told that I need a new suspension compressor which Censored me off, as I changed it in September 2018 with a Dunlop We have been warned about this from Cam-Tech-Craig? JLR state that if a Hitachi is fitted to a car and there are suspension problems with venting to change the compressor with an AMK this is not to be confused with a worn-out compressor which will overheat I think it`s to do with a cross valve that sticks hence an intermittent fault as is my case.
Ok so now have found out the problem?
The downside is I am is Spain for the winter and can not access the parts my self here and takes an age to get something sent from the UK
I am having to use the Spanish JLR and the bill is going to be 1289 euros fitted Big Cry
The moral of the story is if you hear from someone who knows what they are talking about (Cam-Tech-Craig) take their advice
and cheap is not always good value.
DO NOT BUY DUNLOP or HITACHI compressor`s if you want to keep your car longer than one year?

Post #543791 13th Feb 2020 12:28pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Sorry to read about your trouble Tinman...

Just one thing to check (without reading all 3 pages so this might be covered)? The wiring to the height sensors give random problems! The wire used by JLR is far to thin IMHO and can fracture inside the sheathing! This can then keep a connection for many days/weeks until it throws a random "suspension innop message" as you drive over a pothole or alike... Give the wiring a gentle pull and you will often find one wire will come apart in your hand! This will be the rogue wiring fault!

Craig Thumbs Up

Post #543793 13th Feb 2020 12:42pm
Tinman

Thanks for your reply Craig I will take your thoughts on board, In my case when you press the switch to move the suspension to vent you can hear it start to go then stop I found this out by opening up the cover on the compressor and taking the filter off to check it was not blocked?

Post #543796 13th Feb 2020 12:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>