Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic > New diesel and petrol car production to end in 2035
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Weegie

Scotland 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Perhaps it's not the climate scientists struggling but the politicians "solutions". Sad John
2008 Stornoway Grey 3.6 Tdv8 Vogue
2005 TD6 Java Black Vogue - Written off!!
GAP iiD BT
2003 Discovery TD5 Auto, Nanocom Evolution - gone to a new home!
MasseyFerguson 152 - No electronics!! - Sold

Post #543457 9th Feb 2020 11:22am
Red Merle

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

You’ve got a point there, where “using economic levers to effect change” comes across, pretty convincingly, as governments and local authorities finding novel new methods to range substantial new tax revenue Evil or Very Mad

Post #543458 9th Feb 2020 12:05pm
Brian Considine

United Kingdom 

Red Merle wrote:
It's easy to see the uphill struggle that climate scientists have against popular opinion! Rolling Eyes

Not at all Red - what is needed (& advocated my myself & others capable of thinking for themselves) is a huge dollop of commonsense & to slow down the rush into territories still unproved. 2003 Range Rover Vogue TD6

Post #543464 9th Feb 2020 12:47pm
TJRL

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Baltic Blue

Red Merle wrote:
It's easy to see the uphill struggle that climate scientists have against popular opinion! Rolling Eyes

Well said indeed. Thumbs Up 2010 Range Rover TDV8 Baltic Blue Autobiography (2011 MY) - SOLD Sad
1960 Land Rover SII SWB SW
2020 BMW R1250 RT LE
2021 Triton ST-125 (Monkey Bike)

Post #543481 9th Feb 2020 3:44pm
rvbush

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Totally with Brian C on this. No commonsense being applied whatsoever. The trouble is any evidence that contradicts the 'climate emergency' debate is immediately suppressed by the vested interests. I am not suggesting that the climate isn't changing when it clearly is, but the reason and the solution are not proven beyond all reasonable doubt. Climate has always changed, we had a mini ice age in the Victorian era (which is why you have all those snowy scenes on Christmas cards) when the Thames regularly froze over in winter. Equally we know that the Romans grew grapes and made wine in the NE of England 2000 years ago, try that now. There have even been periods when both polar ice caps dissappeared.

This planet changes permanently over huge time frames and has little changes of differing sizes within those time scales. What we don't know is what would have happened to the climate had the industrial revolution never occured. Just imagine if it would have changed in the same way it has anyway, what would be blamed then? I simply do not trust the money makers and grabbers of this world to tell me the truth and it is they who are stage managing this issue.

I do not believe either that we have any real power to halt this climate change. Even if we could it would need the big poluters to buy in and they haven't.

What we do need to address and could very easily be done (but the Government isn't really interested yet because it hasn't worked out how to make money from it) is to ban excess packaging. Pretty much everything is over packaged. As a species what we do have is a moral imperative to look after our planet and that we are clearly failing at. Drives:
2010 FFRR TdV8 Vogue - Stornoway Grey
2010 FFRR TdV8 Vogue SE - Zermatt Silver
1998 BMW E36 M3 GTII

Post #543501 9th Feb 2020 7:09pm
GGDR

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

A start would be to get rid of mayor Khan down here in London who is a blight on the world's greatest city.

His decisions and framework for ULEZ - well what an idiot.

The problem for those of you outside London is that ULEZ is looked at as precedent and a model to copy.

ULEZ is just about revenue to pay for London Underground upkeep and Crossrail.

A 4.4 TDV8 Euro5 (like mine) is no good, but a 5.0 supercharged is ok?

And all the council vehicles are diesel???

There's no commonsense to this, so agree with above. Cheers, Greg
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2011 Vogue SE 4.4 with lots of toys in Stornaway

Post #543503 9th Feb 2020 7:19pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

rvbush wrote:

By the way, the UK emits approx 1.5% of global polution, so how much difference is this actually going to make even if you do buy into the climate emergency scare tactics?

I thought it was nearer 1%.

That said I wouldn’t underestimate the effort China is making on renewables , despite building a coal fired power station every week.

Bill Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #543506 9th Feb 2020 8:12pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123