Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > L405 Vogue SE has lost so much money in 12 months!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
mikef

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Zermatt Silver

Tinman wrote:
The boat mariners are still full with
all manner of craft and as far as I could tell no electric motors to power them and how would they charge them after a couple of hours of travel?

Thats because boats are far heavier than cars and take a far greater amount of energy to shift them so a moderately sized boat would need several tons of battery to drive it any great distance. Fundamentally it comes down to the fact that diesel or petrol is many times more energy dense than lithium ion batteries and therefore, unless there is a real step change in battery technology, the world wont see a wholesale change to battery powered boats (or planes) anytime soon

As for depreciation, try owning a boat, especially a new one, if you want to find out what real depreciation looks like Shocked

Post #541009 18th Jan 2020 7:21pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

I have a small boat - I was told, quite correctly, that I should just stand under a shower whilst burning £20 notes for the same experience.

I'm sure they'll be electric one day, but mine is 23ft and has the smallest engine offered - it's a 5.7 v8 petrol.

Post #541010 18th Jan 2020 7:34pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

mikef wrote:

As for depreciation, try owning a boat, especially a new one, if you want to find out what real depreciation looks like Shocked

The three F’s spring to mind. If it Flys, Floats or F****s then rent it. Laughing Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #541016 18th Jan 2020 8:41pm
mikef

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Zermatt Silver

Alistair wrote:
I have a small boat - I was told, quite correctly, that I should just stand under a shower whilst burning £20 notes for the same experience.

B.O.A.T = Bring On Another Thousand

Post #541035 18th Jan 2020 11:25pm
Phil.

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Just been offered by a LR dealer £46k for my immaculate 4.4 AB MY17 registered exactly 2 years ago with 28k miles, to trade against a similar spec 69 plate RR with 500 miles up at £103k.

Mine retailed at £107k 2 years ago (I didn’t pay that) which means on paper a £61k loss or nearly 60% depreciation over 2 years!

I think I will keep mine for a while longer..... MY23 D350 HSE
On my 7th RR plus various other JLR vehicles

Post #542392 30th Jan 2020 11:22am
Weegie

Scotland 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

mikef wrote:
Alistair wrote:

B.O.A.T = Bring On Another Thousand

A boat is a hole in the water into which you throw money. John
2008 Stornoway Grey 3.6 Tdv8 Vogue
2005 TD6 Java Black Vogue - Written off!!
GAP iiD BT
2003 Discovery TD5 Auto, Nanocom Evolution - gone to a new home!
MasseyFerguson 152 - No electronics!! - Sold

Post #542396 30th Jan 2020 11:52am
Philip

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

Phil. wrote:

Mine retailed at £107k 2 years ago (I didn’t pay that) which means on paper a £61k loss or nearly 60% depreciation over 2 years!

Not sure there’s much point solely judging it by dealer trade-in prices - that’s still going to be £60k+ on the forecourt as an approved used car.

Saying that, I know of a dealer that paid £15k for a trade-in 110k TDV6 L405 last year, and they won’t be the only ones...

Post #542409 30th Jan 2020 12:25pm
specman

Scotland 2016 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Aruba

I bought a BMW 730LD with 12k on the clock at just over two years old, £48k off list, my last two Range Rovers have averaged 55% off list at three years old when I bought them, the most recent will have been up to about a £60K hit for the first owner over three years.
Painful, even after this in depreciation, but play the long game and it evens out to a much smaller amount.

Post #542422 30th Jan 2020 2:14pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

Bill wrote:
I’m exceedingly cross with JLR , all thru the devil’sfuelgate, there has been no attempt by this company to fight back. Thus their investment , market and jobs, go up the swanny along with our investment in their product.

The claim is. The earth is warming, cut back on CO2 , diesels succeed in that ambition, Thumbs Up , the Euro 6 engine is so much cleaner :

Whilst I agree big beastly expensive cars take a big beastly hit certainly in the first year, I do believe diesels are being hung out to dry...

I posted this yesterday... I’m simply repeating we need JLR to fight back, it’s their and our investment. How to get JLR on message? Any message? In short the euro 6 diesels can clean the air of pollutants Shocked

https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic54396.html

Ps

Someone posted the same message in the times forums today. Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #542425 30th Jan 2020 2:58pm
cass

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Causeway Grey

"Not sure there’s much point solely judging it by dealer trade-in prices - that’s still going to be £60k+ on the forecourt as an approved used car."

As a consumer I think it's the only way to judge it, if you paid £100K and will only return £40K now it has depreciated £60K no matter how much the dealer sells it on for.

Post #542429 30th Jan 2020 3:16pm
SS.Lyria

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Loire Blue

I think this is the trouble at the moment. Dealers seem to want to bid low to either maximise the potential profit, or failing that have such a large margin to eliminate any potential loss. But still sale the new stock at minimal discount.

A great business model when it works, but sales figures seem to suggest it isn’t. Which shouldn’t really come as any surprise.

Everything’s been thrown out of kilter with the push for Hybrid/Electric vehicles but that’s for them to embrace whilst still maintaining sensible trading conditions for ‘normal stock’

Which I should imagine still makes up 95% of their sales.

Post #542434 30th Jan 2020 4:13pm
Phil.

I agree with the above. The dealer who quoted me yesterday advised me to sell mine privately to get a much better price! MY23 D350 HSE

Post #542540 31st Jan 2020 5:04pm
Andy S

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Aintree Green

All this makes me wonder whether I should just settle the finance now, as the p/x will only go lower or just hand back at the end of the pcp, but have to bung a load to get the next one.

Post #542798 2nd Feb 2020 7:20pm
Phil.

We’re definitely seeing a steeper/faster depreciation curve on 1-3 years old RR’s than a couple of years ago and all I can assume is it’s because of the new model is likely to be offered to spec up later this year.

So more discounts will become available on dealer vehicles and p/x prices will drop further this year. This will mean some great slightly used deals available for those in the market for a 1-3 year old model. For those of us with a 1-3 year old model it’s probably best to hang on to it for now rather than swap and increase the depreciation already incurred.

This all assumes you are considering depreciation in your decision making. If it’s not a factor then go fill your boots with whatever takes your fancy Smile MY23 D350 HSE

Post #542864 3rd Feb 2020 1:11pm
Sandyt

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Buckingham Blue

Bill wrote:
mikef wrote:

The three F’s spring to mind. If it Flys, Floats or F****s then rent it. Laughing

Thats me stuffed have a boat a plane and a wife and kids no wonder I am skint
Big Cry Big Cry

Post #543525 9th Feb 2020 10:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234