thanks Steve Thumbs Up ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #562121 20th Jul 2020 4:00pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

Just come back from France and Switzerland.

Switzerland: 🇨🇭 no mask necessary. A smidge of social distancing or similar measures in restaurants. Not really noticeable. Staff wearing masks, but may ask for your permission to remove while serving. No masks in shops, but some staff wear them. Spas and pools open, with occupancy limits. (Gstaad, Montreux)

France: 🇫🇷 many places external dining/drinking predominantly, but ‘twas so hot no one wants to be inside. Must have a mask to go inside to use le twalet. Noticeable reduce in internal space with table removal for distancing. All staff wearing masks. Generally very bloody busy! Masks required for all shops. Pools open, not sure about spas. (Troyes, Strasbourg, Colmar, Épernay). Épernay was a nightmare for restaurant reservations on a Sunday night, i.e. impossible, s rhad to settle for pub food, and I think this was partly due to social distancing table measures, so book in advance. Elsewhere was fine for us.

Germany: 🇩🇪 didn’t stop, but no social distancing required at 200 kph. Liberating! I hope all the Avant drivers enjoyed the rear view of my squatting fatty. My 4 pot was reassuringly thirsty at high speed, but it doesn’t hang about getting here, that’s for sure. Mama Mia.

Netherlands: 🇳🇱 off there on Thursday, so will let you know, but not expecting anything extraordinary.

The Eurotunnel is fully booked for Thursday and Friday this week. I was shocked, I m so used to travelling via the tunnel on my own terms. So I have had to book a one way ferry at £141! (with lounge access etc, but still, it’s normally like £50 or less). If you’re thinking of booking just get it done to avoid disappointment. Returning by tunnel is expensive but availability is not an issue. L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso

Post #562648 25th Jul 2020 11:52pm
jumpin mouse

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aruba

Don't forget that the Netherlands now has a maximum 100kph limit throughout the country. It's OK in busier areas but on an open road it's painful. And apparently it is being strictly enforced with on the spot fines.

I came the other way last weekend and laboured through the Netherlands then could blast it across Germany. I probably only lost about 20 minutes crossing the Netherlands compared with previous trips, maybe partly because the traffic tends to keep moving at lower speeds.

Post #562657 26th Jul 2020 7:28am
Brian Considine

United Kingdom 

COVID-19 Wave II - coming to someone near you soon. 2003 Range Rover Vogue TD6

Post #562658 26th Jul 2020 7:41am
ilard

United Kingdom 

Brian, fancy a meet up? Rolling with laughter

Seriously though, someone has to get the EEC+UK economy restarted, and my wife is doing a cracking job. Top marks. I just have to do the driving and carry the bags.

Jumpin Mouse, I had no idea about that speed limit. Googled it (I believed you, but wanted details):

Quote:
The default speed limits in the Netherlands are 50 km/h (31 mph) inside built-up areas, 80 km/h (50 mph) outside built-up areas, 100 km/h (62 mph) on expressways (autowegen), and, as of March 16, 2020, 100 km/h from 6:00 to 19:00 and 130 km/h from 19:00 to 6:00 on motorways

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_limits_in_the_Netherlands

It looks like my fuel economy is about to improve for a few days, which is not great news for the Dutch economy. L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso

Post #562685 26th Jul 2020 10:36am
jumpin mouse

My son will be passing through Paris this afternoon and spending a few hours there as he heads towards Calais. Does anyone know if he will need a Crit'Air sticker with it being a Sunday? It's a petrol Mercedes C-Class with a small engine if that makes any difference.

I'm looking on the internet and finding all sorts of information about diesels but not yet found an answer.

TIA

Post #563329 2nd Aug 2020 9:14am
Weegie

Scotland 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Rang Police in Paris for him. Information, which the operator, checked, is that with a private, petrol vehicle on UK plates he can go into Paris today, Sunday, without displaying a vignette.

Obviously no written confirmation but she was quite positive.

Hope that helps John
2008 Stornoway Grey 3.6 Tdv8 Vogue
2005 TD6 Java Black Vogue - Written off!!
GAP iiD BT
2003 Discovery TD5 Auto, Nanocom Evolution - gone to a new home!
MasseyFerguson 152 - No electronics!! - Sold

Post #563332 2nd Aug 2020 10:29am
jumpin mouse

Wow, that was very kind of you and puts our minds at rest, I will pass this information to my son now.

Thank you very much.

Post #563333 2nd Aug 2020 10:35am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234