Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Spongy Brakes - SORTED
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
kbald

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

Glad you got it sorted. Quick question. I tried to use the Gibson easibleed and all I got was a leak out of the master cylinder. Did you have an empty or low volume master cylinder? Also with the iid tool I've tried the and pump bleed and again got the countdown but no pumping or noise to indicate it's working. What did you do to get this working? Engine on or off, does it only pump when fluid is flowing etc? Thanks for any help with this. Current 2007 TDV8 Vogue Buckingham Blue

Post #566760 9th Sep 2020 11:54pm
scotcruz

Scotland 2010 Range Rover HSE TDV8 Zambezi Silver

Kbald, I assume you mean brake fluid leaking from the master cylinder? If so, you are not using the correct rubber seal in the cap. It happened to me when I used a thicker seal and it wasn't seating properly on the reservoir.

My brake fluid was totally empty when one of the pipes failed.

Process I followed: (after all the pipes were replaced):

Tip: keep the brake fluid near by and prepare to quickly top it up. The aim is to not let the Gunson bleeding kit get empty but more importantly not let the reservoir get empty.

1- attach the bleeding kit to the reservoir and connected the other end to the wheel with 20PSI
2- bleeding kit filled with fresh fluid
3- put ignition On (I used a battery maintainer to avoid low/flat battery)
4- start the brake bleeding routine (the IID Tool app talks you through it)
5- it will tell you to start from Rear Left and ask you open the bleed valve
6- then pump the brake pedal and the countdown on the app commences
7- you will hear the ABS pump go on..
8- stop pumping and let it do its thing.. (keep an eye on the Gunson kit and don't let it go below the minimum level)

Tip: if it does go, then de-pressurise and fill it up (let the app do its thing as the reservoir will still have enough while you fill it the Gunson kit up)

9- ignore the negative countdown and let it complete. It will then ask you to close the bleed valve and move to next.
10- once you have completed the all corners (Rear Right is the last corner in the sequence) job done.. clean up the bleed valves with some brake cleaner.

Tip: the ABS pump might not necessarily come on for a wheel or 2.. this is normal as that wheel may not have any air trapped (from the pump perspective). As you open the valve and pump you will have taken the air out of the brake lines etc.

My pedal feels like new, half inch travel and brakes are very responsive.

Hope this helps but give us a shout if you have any questions Current:
- L560 Velar HSE R-Dynamic D180
- Peugeot 508 2011 - 2.2 HDi GT

Past:
- FFRR V 2010 - 3.6 TDV8
- Citroen C4 1.6i Petrol
- Mitsubishi Shogun 3.2 DID
- Peugeot 607 2.2 HDi
- Nissan Primera 1.8 SVE
- Honda Civic 1.6 VTEC

Post #566761 10th Sep 2020 5:51am
kbald

Brilliant thanks for the tips. I had heard great things about the easibleed so got one but the huge leak at the cap on the cylinder out me off but will try again. I'd taken the and pump off when I replaced my manifold so expected if to be going crazy from the first moment. Maybe just need to follow the process through fully.

Would be easier if you didn't need to take the wheels off as after taking 4 of these huge wheels on and off it takes it out of you.

Sorry one last question. When I did this the iid tool went into negative and never stopped to do the next wheel too from memory so how did you move it onto the next one? Thanks 👍 Current 2007 TDV8 Vogue Buckingham Blue

Post #566764 10th Sep 2020 6:39am
scotcruz

Scotland 2010 Range Rover HSE TDV8 Zambezi Silver

I have bled brakes before but this kit is amazing. I didnt take the rear wheels off as there is plenty clearance.

Crack open the bleed valves first.. it will help.

If you have had the pump off.. I would suggest priming the system with brake fluid first.. do a normal Gunson bleed then do it via IID tool. Otherwise you will be giving the pump some overtime.

Regarding the negative countdown, you just sit it through until it tells you to close the valve and go to the next one. Current:
- L560 Velar HSE R-Dynamic D180
- Peugeot 508 2011 - 2.2 HDi GT

Past:
- FFRR V 2010 - 3.6 TDV8
- Citroen C4 1.6i Petrol
- Mitsubishi Shogun 3.2 DID
- Peugeot 607 2.2 HDi
- Nissan Primera 1.8 SVE
- Honda Civic 1.6 VTEC

Post #566766 10th Sep 2020 7:28am
kbald

Thanks for the advice I will give it a try Thumbs Up Current 2007 TDV8 Vogue Buckingham Blue

Post #566999 13th Sep 2020 8:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123