Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > FBH woes
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Lad

England 2010 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black
FBH woes

I checked the FBH remote the other day and noticed it was flashing rapid orange, so looks like battery could be flat, its not starting the FBH.

So earlier I changed the battery and walked out to the car and pressed the ON button, the FBH roared up and then after 10 seconds settled down to the normal quiet running noise but never roared back up.

Tried a few times to no avail.

So pulled fuse F16 out in rear compartment and reinserted it and pressed OFF on remote to pair again.

Left it a couple of minutes and then pressed ON, the FBH roared up and the hazard light button inside lit up and the fan knob light started flashing too.

The FBH settled down again but never roared back up again and after around 30 seconds the lights onside went off and the FBH went quiet then turned off.

Checked the voltage and it was 12.3V, there is over a 1/4 tank diesel in tank.

Always worked and had no problems before with it.

Any pointers as to why its not running fully?

Thanks

Post #568183 27th Sep 2020 9:19pm
bishbosh10

United Kingdom 

Whilst I note you are from the Grim North so this question may be superfluous Rolling with laughter Razz , but was it cold enough for the FBH to fire?

I believe it has an upper bound temperature when it doesn't work? Bish.

2005 110 TD5 CSW
2011 TDV8 Vogue SE (gone)

Post #568274 28th Sep 2020 1:22pm
tj196443

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zermatt Silver

Hi, bish has a point there. If the outside temp is 16 degrees or higher it won't fire up to heat the interior. At that temp it will try and cool the car. I would check the FBH by doing it manually through the timed climate on the touch screen first to see what happens.

Post #568284 28th Sep 2020 3:33pm
Lad

Cheers, AYE always cold up Norf. When I was trying to fire it, temp was 7 degrees. I know when engine is running and it’s less than 5 it starts. Not tried the dash settings, but will try tomorrow. I’ll charge the battery too just in case it was too low.

Post #568332 28th Sep 2020 11:19pm
Lad

Its been a while, other week when I tried to fire the FBH it started and stopped after 30 secs.

I've set the timed climate in dash settings as suggested and at the set time it fired up. After 10 mins running, I opened the car and it was warm inside, the outside temp was 10 degrees C.

So the FBH works as per timed.

But when I try the Plipper now, it fires up, the heater light comes on but after 30secs the heater light (on heater knob inside) goes out but the FBH runs for a further 2mins, not at full running mode, before switching off.

Plipper as a new battery.

Might have to try and re-pair plipper again although it does start it but doesnt run for long.

Post #569740 13th Oct 2020 7:43pm
AJGalaxy2012

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Bonatti Grey

Vehicle battery voltage too low, replace / check the vehicle battery. I proved it on my 322 by leaving the battery charger connected, FBH started and ran perfectly. The battery had no problem in starting the vehicle. Battery replaced and FBH ran as it should. BMW i3 Electric Car
2012 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8 (now gone)
2006 VW Touareg 3.0 TDi V6

Post #569780 14th Oct 2020 7:23am
Lad

AJ, Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
I charged the battery all day today, took children to their evening class and while I was waiting I plipped the plipper and the FBH started. It did run fully, now I did notice that the outside temp was 11c and so I got cool air through the vents and on the heater knob the lower light on the button lit up, the line one.

It stopped working after 5 mins when I opened the door as expected, anyway, after a while I fired it up again and the temp outside was 9c and the FBH fully ran again, this time giving out warm air, this time the heater knob light that lit up was the top light, the little dot light.

So thank you for all your inputs, I’ll keep an eye on the battery, it’s only just over a year old and Land Rover fitted it.

Thumbs Up

Post #569835 14th Oct 2020 11:01pm
AJGalaxy2012

Try leaving the temperature set high(ish), if you can connect a battery charger and lock the car. Now trigger the FBH when the car is cold and the outside air temp low. Under these conditions mine ran perfectly, ramped up after ignition and warmed the interior nicely. Repeating it the following day without the battery charger connected, the FBH started and shutdown within a couple of minutes. Having read on here about the battery voltage being critical and confirmed pretty much it was shutting down due to voltage, I replaced the battery and it resolved the issue. At no time had I had any starting problems with the battery even under the worst conditions just the FBH not running. It does seem that the shutdown of the systems radion and FBH are set to a relatively high battery voltage. BMW i3 Electric Car

Post #569839 15th Oct 2020 6:10am
TJH1985

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black

Check the FBH Aux pump is ok, classic tell tale sign it’s failed / failing is that the FBH runs fine with the engine running but shuts down quickly as a aux heater due to overheat caused by a lack of water flow. When the engine is running you have the main water pumps so it will happily run. Changed it twice on our 2007 TDV8. Get under the passenger side and confirm operation via its exhaust, the HVAC alone makes enough noise! Sold - Bell a 2015 MY16 Loire Blue Autobiography 4.4 SDV8
Previously George a 2007 MY07 Java Black VSE 3.6 TDV8
Previously a 04 MY04 Defender 90 Sad

Post #569846 15th Oct 2020 7:50am
Lad

I’ll run it and check the exhaust of the FBH. It did run on its own for quite a while without engine running.

Post #569948 15th Oct 2020 11:26pm
AJGalaxy2012

I think TJH is referring to the electric water pump to circulate the coolant during FBH operation. If this isnt working the FBH only runs for a short time i.e. until the water is hot at the FBH. BMW i3 Electric Car

Post #569953 16th Oct 2020 6:22am
supershuttle

England 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

As this thread will have got the attention of FBH experts maybe someone can help. I have tried to use mine for the first time since getting the car and from the fob the light is initially green then flashes green but it doesn't seem to heat. Is there something to check, do things need to be paired - its not a show stopper I get by with heated seat and steering wheel but it worked fine on my previous diesel RR (apart from flattening the battery if left on too long) and I miss it.

I also read of a reset is that something only a dealer can do or can I do something with my IIDTool. Geoff

Post #570044 16th Oct 2020 5:32pm
AJGalaxy2012

It does need to be paired, there is the process on here somewhere, it also needs to be the right key, mine was supplied with the wrong one.

Edit, just found this in my notes.....

The best way to program the fob is as follows.

1. Remove the battery from the fob. CHECK the battery is OKAY, it won't synch if the battery is old or low on charge.
2. Locate the Webasto FBH receiver behind the fuse panel in the rear RH section of the boot.
3. If you can reach the power lead without unscrewing the fuse panel to gain access, then you just need to (gently) pull out the power lead connector (that's the lead on the RHS of the receiver, it can be fiddly to remove the connector so be careful).
4. Wait for at least 30 seconds, then put the fob battery back in.
5. Reconnect the power lead to the FBH Receiver and simultaneously press and hold the OFF Button until the light flashes on the fob (at least 10 seconds).

It worked for me. BMW i3 Electric Car

Post #570050 16th Oct 2020 5:58pm
Classic Matt

United Kingdom 

This and other FBH threads make me nervous of trying mine for the first time!

Post #570077 16th Oct 2020 9:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1