Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > No display
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
alfapat

Scotland 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

Thanks for your input there , it is DVD , I upgraded 3 yrs ago , bu no changes made to monitor .

So took this picture after removing and replacing all the connections , but I notice this small plug/ connection is missing a connection. Can someone check their vogue and see if I have lost a cable in the rebuild . It’s the box below the DVD , aye in the recess. Many of the other connections like this on various boxes have a black wire and plug , could be video or Antennae , not sure.
I think its something to do with DSP , and only needed with BMW.

Need some knowledge .
From my processes so far , how can I eliminate this problem of my backlit screen and be sure that the LCD has gpne.
I have one more thing to do and a tip from the GAP Team, I cannot reboot the monitor , so the only thing left is a hard reset, with instructions they have given .

Post #573064 16th Nov 2020 9:36pm
alfapat

Unplugged unit but no joy!

So now bought a s/h unit and still no screen ... Censored , tested and checked everything I know , HELP appreciated!

Can someone tell me which module controls the monitor display, is it the one with blue and black plug or the DVD player , to re-iterate, there is back light, cd works along with radio etc , just not visible, also swapped back to analog player, no change , and s/h monitor bought still hasn’t helped. Also those flip over plugs, like the blue one , how do they dismantle, like pulling the internal socket out of them .

Post #573511 19th Nov 2020 10:39pm
Johnniehec

Scotland 

Alfapat have you resolved this? I’ve got exactly the same problem. Haven’t had a display for over a year, except a couple of minutes a couple of days at the end of summer. Have replaced the satnav again and it’s short loom, the tv unit and the amp due to water again. Only thing not replace is blue plug which plugs into the tv unit as it’s part of the main loom. I’ve tried blue plug from satnav into tv and vice versa. Have started dismantling dash to get to back of head unit. Does anyone know if it’s continuous wires from blue plug on tv to blue plug on head unit or are there connectors anywhere in between? Thanks, John.

Post #574577 29th Nov 2020 11:12pm
alfapat

Finally resolved today!
So trying to re - sell the tv monitor unit bought in error .
The problem is the there was a pin in the blue socket has corroded and missing , rear right pin . I measured the voltage Coming from the plug and realised after counting the pins on an advertised unit there was a pin missing . I have made a temporary repair with a sewing pin and all is well. If I can recoup some loss with my buying error IE £ 100 then I’ll buy another module.

Post #574580 29th Nov 2020 11:27pm
Johnniehec

Scotland 

Fixed my screen today, it was the metal socket of pin 1 inside the blue plug which plugs in to the tv tuner. I had a spare 18 pin connector that came with the amp I bought, in clipped one from that and cut and spliced onto the loom and reassembled plug.

Post #575171 5th Dec 2020 7:30pm
alfapat

Bit of the opposite way of the same socket problem I had.
All that is back working except the choice of dd/mm and mm/did not working , including time /. 12 to 24 hr.

Post #575211 6th Dec 2020 12:44am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12