Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L405) > Android CarPlay upgrade
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
BuddySpire

United Kingdom 

knwatkins wrote:
Looking good. I've been looking at these units also. It'll be interesting to hear how you get on with it longer term. Any feedback on bugs, useability etc. would be good to hear about.

Only been fitted around 4 weeks but no issues with any frozen screens or any features not working. My main gripe is heated seats having to wait for screen coming on. The screen uses virtual buttons to represent the old RR home screen and fixed switches at the side. Not all these work not a major issue as all the functions can be controlled by the centre section. There are more options to choose from so need to try these to see if it cures it.

Phone and music still the same high quality but with better functionality, love the split screen with map and music showing along with any appointments in calendar section.

Post #581424 27th Jan 2021 9:36pm
knwatkins

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

Thanks for the info Mike. See my post concerning upgrading the heater controls so you don't need to go through the touchscreen menu to switch on the heated/cooled seats...

https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic57475.html Kev

2014 L405 RR Vogue SE 4.4 SDV8 in Corris Grey
2010 L320 RRS HSE 3.0 TDV6 in Stornoway Grey

Post #581428 27th Jan 2021 10:21pm
BuddySpire

United Kingdom 

I read the post a few weeks ago, been looking for available parts at the right price Very Happy would solve my problem.

Post #581431 27th Jan 2021 11:32pm
jc132jc

United Kingdom 

Hi, has anyone had experience/own the system from Unique Audio Developments in Devon? It looks like a straight forward install and adds car play which is what Iam after, as well as google maps etc, etc.

Post #583036 9th Feb 2021 10:42pm
knwatkins

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

There are a few people on here who have installed that one. The feedback is quite positive I believe. Kev

2014 L405 RR Vogue SE 4.4 SDV8 in Corris Grey
2010 L320 RRS HSE 3.0 TDV6 in Stornoway Grey

Post #583052 10th Feb 2021 5:05am
damianleask

United Kingdom 

I’ve just installed the unit from Unique Auto Developments (idcore) after having the Android Carplay fullscreen in my 2016 RR. The installation is far easier for the idcore, the only moment of grief is getting the unit in place in the passenger footwell as it’s a bit tight. You also don’t have to take the existing head unit apart like you have to for the Android solution. While the Android screen is undoubtedly brighter and sharper, and has all the apps of android available to install on it, (I only use carplay) I really missed having a button for the seats and climate and having a fast way of cancelling the parking sensor alarm without having to dive into menus. The Android unit also takes a good 20 seconds to connect (via a wireless carplay dongle) after starting the car whilst the idcore unit is very fast and connects wirelessly before you know it. There are caveats with the idcore unit though. The track skip buttons don’t work in ‘normal’ carplay mode, you have to use the on screen ‘buttons’. If you connect your phone wirelessly to the car’s bluetooth audio and play music, they will work but then no audio from carplay is heard, directions, read messages etc as that part relies on using the Aux input instead. On the Android unit the track skip does work. It seems there is no perfect unit, you have to decide what is important to you and having the buttons was for me. By the way, anyone interested in buying a secondhand (mint) Android unit?

Post #589720 31st Mar 2021 5:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12