Home > Wheels & Tyres > Vredestein Quatrac Pro - Review
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
njmacleod

United Kingdom 
Vredestein Quatrac Pro - Review

Hello

Some personal feedback/comments on 21 inch tyres if anyone is interested and looking for new boots. I was looking for something to replace my Perilli Verde’s, requirements were… restore the ride quality of our car, decent grip in the wet and dry with some respectable off road traction but nothing too aggressive as this is saved for our Discovery 4 on General Grabber AT tyres.

This is after 5 months use…
Purchased and fitted set of Vredestein Quatrac Pro for my Range Rover on 21inch wheels. So far I have been very impressed with them, the first thing I noticed and the whole family noticed was how quiet the tyres were, both at motorway speeds and town/cobble street driving. Feedback was good as was wet and dry grip, I would say I am an average driver but not pushing the car to the limits. I was highly impressed with their snow/ice grip - it was far better than the factory fit tyres - they are not all terrain tyres so don't bite/eat their way through deep drifts but for snow up to 6 inches and compacted snow these were great.
We also use our RR off road, on wet fields and mildly muddy tracks they were fine - I don't think they would be super tough compared with an all terrain tyre so watch out for your side walls etc.

Finally wear, its hard to say what life we'll get out of these, the rubber does seem slightly softer and the tread depths aren’t like anything on an AT tyres – I’ll give some feedback in a year or so’s time.

Happy to answer any questions otherwise I hope this helps.

Post #583799 15th Feb 2021 12:00pm
arishmawy

Honduras 

Thanks for your feedback
I was actually looking to buy a set of these same tires although 265/50s on 20" wheels. If anyone has tried them and would care to share that would be great

Post #670689 8th Aug 2023 2:54am
Ajmngn

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black

I have a set of Vredestein Quatrac Pro on my 4.4TDV8 in 255/55R20. I concur with the OP. I wasn’t expecting miracles but I can’t ask for more and would certainly be hard pushed to replace them with something else as my initial 6 months with them has been sublime. Quiet, fantastic wet grip, plenty competent in the dry. I haven’t had them off the road at all yet so can’t speak to that but, for a 3PMSF-rated all-season tyre I doubt there is better for the price. Even the new Pirelli all-season with 3PMSF is unlikely to better the Vredestein in any meaningful way despite being about £50-75 more per corner that the Quatrac Pro.

If you want a UK-biased tyre for most conditions then yes, Pirelli Scorpion Verde/Zero will be very good and hard to beat for the price. However, if like me you need a genuine 3PMSF (I drive to the Alps each year at least once) then I think anyone sensible should seriously consider Vredestein as a very sensible option! Andy

2010 4.4TDV8 Vogue SE in Santorini Black with Ivory interior
2017 Audi SQ5 3.0 V6T Quattro in Volcano Red
2001 Audi Allroad 2.5 TDI manual with low-range in Highland Green. Currently SORN whilst undergoing some serious restoration!

Post #670769 8th Aug 2023 11:42pm
jez000

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Bournville

Andy do you run the Vreds all year without any warm weather issues ? I'm the same as you a couple of trips to the alps but also in the summer too and just wondering if you swap over in the winter or just run them all year ? 2021 P400 Silicon Silver AB
Gone 2011 Bournville TDV8 VSE
Gone 2008 Black Canadian HSE LUX

Post #670816 9th Aug 2023 11:50am
Ajmngn

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black

I’ve had no issues at all driving them this summer and my plan was/is to run them all year round; they’re marketed as such so see no reason not to. Wear seems reasonable too thus far. I’ve done about 5k mil since fitting in Feb 23 and they still look very ‘new’. Obviously I can’t speak to longevity but if I get 20k mil out of them I’d be happy. I’m sure there are tyres out there that would last longer but, once one accepts that everything is a compromise, I’d rather compromise on longevity than grip to get a truly year-round 3PMSF-rated premium tyre.

I spent a lot of effort looking into all the viable 20” options in 255/50, 255/55 and 265/50 variants and the Vredestein Quatrac Pro kept coming up on top across all factors. I’ll be replacing like for like when the time comes unless either the price of the new Pirelli All Season SF2 comes down or a new tyre becomes available with the same quality as the Vredesteins for sensible money.

In sum, for my requirements I can’t find a better suited tyre on the market and I recommend without any caveats. Andy

2010 4.4TDV8 Vogue SE in Santorini Black with Ivory interior
2017 Audi SQ5 3.0 V6T Quattro in Volcano Red
2001 Audi Allroad 2.5 TDI manual with low-range in Highland Green. Currently SORN whilst undergoing some serious restoration!

Post #670843 9th Aug 2023 4:45pm
Dan_Veluwe

Netherlands 

I had Vredestein Quatrac since many years on my cars, changed up to the
latest type every time. The first set was around 2012 on my D3 then.

They are very good tires. I only once had a problem.

A concrete curb was sticking out-of-line on a really small passage. It was ice
all over the place and an oncoming car skidded my way. I had no option then
to get as near to the curb as I could. Missed the oncoming car, but slashed the
side of the tire. The edge sticking out was exactly in the middle of the sidewall.

But the council paid for it : claimed it on poor road maintenance.. Whistle I-pace First Edition Santorini & 2nd car Mazda MX-30 Advantage red/black
PHEV P400e Hybrid Autobiography Loire blue= SOLD
D5 SD4 HSE Lux Corris grey = SOLD
D3 TdV6 HSE Lux Vienna Green =SOLD
P300 F-Type 2018 Ultra Blue = SOLD
25t F-Pace 2020 Loire Blue = SOLD

Post #670904 10th Aug 2023 6:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1