Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Bl4ckD0g

Netherlands 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

5.0 wrote:
Bl4ckD0g wrote:
Really? What about if they were at Waitrose would that be better? 🤣

Of course! That would have been perfectly acceptable. My Waitrose is full of Bentaygas, Cullinans and DBXs parked across two spaces each, so no risk at all. Rolling Eyes

Thumbs Up Exactly. It was the same at mine, it was Land Rovers at first, but nowadays mainly Tesla and the odd Jaguar iPace and Polestar..

Post #587423 14th Mar 2021 12:52pm
Bl4ckD0g

chris_read wrote:

As my granny used to say; if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing.

Or another way at looking at it, drunks, young children, and true friends will actually tell you the truth. Being surrounded by yay sayers isn't healthy in my opinion. Perhaps little bit of cultural differences shining through as well; either way...It's a discussion forum, surely be better to get different opinions on a subject then everyone just providing confirmation bias?

Post #587424 14th Mar 2021 12:55pm
Bl4ckD0g

stan wrote:
someone is missing the point here Rolling Eyes

OP's fatty should not have been driven to tesco's whilst in for a service ...its a violation of customer trust and dealer policy....
hopefully the dealer principle will apologise profusely to the OP..

Not necessarily, depends on the reason. The destination is just a red-herring and causes for a confusion and the discussion to go in an unnecessary direction. It is actually immaterial.

I find even the Sales Manager agreeing that it shouldn't happen come across like the stock sorries, pleases, and thank you's that actually have no meaning. Plus it is not the Sales Managers job to comment on another teams work, nor apologise on their behalf.

I take it that there are some differences of opinion as to whether a test drive prior to the service is required or not, and whether it was a test drive at all. If it wasn't a test drive then sure I agree that is not right. But I like a test drive prior to the service. I have no issues with that at all, especially not if it can prevent having to get another booking in because they find out stuff prior to running out of time.

Violation is a strong and emotive word. It doesn't help or change the situation though. Nor do apologies. Taking your business elsewhere when you aren't happy would be my preference as if something so minor annoys one, then I'd be more concerned about the actual work to be done.

Just my views.

PS. Points have many different angles, thinking there is only one point is a classic mistake Wink

Post #587425 14th Mar 2021 1:07pm
Bl4ckD0g

Bmax01 wrote:
Unless the trip formed part of the service this looks like taking a vehicle without consent, a criminal offence. So the least I’d expect is either an explanation or an apology.
Rolling with laughter

Quick report it to the Police https://www.police.uk/pu/contact-the-polic...-incident/

Now that is an overreaction Shocked

Post #587427 14th Mar 2021 1:10pm
chris_read

England 2009 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

I’m afraid that ‘cultural differences’ is a poor excuse for rudeness.
The misunderstanding appears to be that Bl4ckD0g is unaware of the difference between ‘voicing an opinion’ and ‘refusing to respect the opinion of others’.
The former would not lead to a sarcastic comment about how another member feels about a situation involving their personal property, whilst the latter shows a complete lack of respect for their feelings.
Perhaps it’s time to lock this thread. 2017 Jaguar F Pace 25t Portfolio - still part of the JLR family 😀
2009 3.6 V8 (MY2010) - my first ever diesel! - now also gone Sad
2004 4.4 V8 Petrol Vogue - now gone

Post #587432 14th Mar 2021 3:23pm
Bmax01

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

I think someone needs to chill out and relax, sounding off like drunk bore in a pub can wait until the pubs reopen in May Thumbs Up L405 4.4 AB Loire Blue
Tesla Model Y
Audi A6 2012 (sold)
BMW 5 series 3.0 petrol, champagne II edition (sold)

Post #587434 14th Mar 2021 3:28pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12