Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Bluetooth phone connection
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Are there any car makers who fit bespoke BT systems that have the facility to stream video from a smartphone - LR might be at the forefront of some technologies and we think they are behind in others but I bet that there are very few makers who supply OEM phone/ audio systems with the ability to video stream from a phone. If I had screens in my Defender then the Parrot system I have in it can handle them but it is most definitely an after market system....................... and anyway who needs hifi surround sound video in a Defender, they aren't called Deafeners for nothing! 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #44148 1st Jan 2011 2:22am
andyleeds

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver
cheers

emperor mong, how easy is it to get the old module out and where is wiggs based, £60 sounds reasonable? also i had an old X5 and some people use to modify the cradle so it would take an iphone, has anyone done this with a range rover? best andy

Post #44160 1st Jan 2011 12:06pm
carlos50

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Hi all

I'm new here, im a member of the rrsport.co.uk forum (previous FFRR Vogue owner) and have joined because i have read this thread and have the same problem with my 2005 Supercharged.

It has bluetooth and a hard wired connection in the centre console. There is no cradle connected but i think i need to disconnect the hard wired connection because despite getting the latest software update i cant find the RRS with any phone and i get a message saying "phone removed" when i turn the ignition on.

Its as if the RRS thinks its got a phone & cradle plugged in so has disabled the bluetooth and according to the manual the cradle always takes priority over bluetooth.

Has anyone disconnected theirs and found that the problem is solved ?

Thanks in advance

Carl

P.S - I sorely miss my FFRR and part of me wishes i had another

Post #48587 3rd Feb 2011 2:08pm
carlos50

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Bump

Post #51039 20th Feb 2011 7:00pm
Porridge

Ireland 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Java Black

Hi All. Newbie here.
I've been reading up on all the various forums and sites about the Bluetooth phone connection.

DRIVING ME FRIGGIN MAD !!!

Have a 2007 Vogue and a HTC Dezire Z (Android). Landrover owner site claims the phone is checked and approved to work, including the phonebook sync.

This link may help future sufferers http://www.landrover.com/microsites/GWS40M...tooth.html

As with most of the previous comments, having paired the phone over bluetooth, it works "Now and then", but every time I have to go through the Pairing Request process. It won't auto connect, and 9 times out of 10, it won't pair at all. Must have deleted and re-paired 5 times by now, but still the same result.

So I tried my old Sony Ericcson..... Same story!

Has anyone else had similar symptoms?.... and found a fix?

Wondering if there is a bigger issue with the system, cause the GPS is faulty too.

Post #57771 31st Mar 2011 11:20am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

i read somewhere that if you switch of bt on your phone say, after leaving the car ,then the system wont pick it up when you switch back on and come back to the range..this when you have to re-connect.....maybe the dealer software upgrade that puts your phonebook onto the range might help... ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #57775 31st Mar 2011 11:34am
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

s2mac wrote:
No, Just a used independent. They sent it to Shields to get some work done and then i had it checked at Strathearn. Why do you ask?

I took my car to Shields after finding out about the "issues" of getting my contacts to transfer to the car after pairing. When I mentioned the technical bulletin to their "expert", he did the old "well we can try it but it might not work" routine. Even better was when he suggested that when I put the car in for them to "try" it, I would have to leave my phone for them to see if it worked!! Not bloody likely!

In the end I got an exchange unit from Wiggs on here and all works perfectly! Oh, and it's also cheaper than the hours labour they quoted - with no refund if it didn't work either! Censored Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #57777 31st Mar 2011 11:38am
Paulo

Scotland 

I wouldn't trust Shields to do anything to any car....

My mate has had nothing but trouble with them since he bought his FFRS HST from them, only reason he bought the car from them was it was the only HST at a Franchised Dealer in Scotland when he bought it...

I used Taggarts in Maryhill when I had my Jaguar and Taggarts in Motherwell when I had my RX8; and couldn't fault their service...

He now takes his HST there....

Post #57794 31st Mar 2011 12:16pm
alanm_3

Paulo wrote:
I wouldn't trust Shields to do anything to any car....

My mate has had nothing but trouble with them since he bought his FFRS HST from them, only reason he bought the car from them was it was the only HST at a Franchised Dealer in Scotland when he bought it...

I used Taggarts in Maryhill when I had my Jaguar and Taggarts in Motherwell when I had my RX8; and couldn't fault their service...

He now takes his HST there....

So does my next door neighbour who has a Kahn RRS. He's had so many problems with Shields, so I was well prepared for them, and they didn't disappoint! Whistle Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue

Post #57798 31st Mar 2011 12:32pm
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Sorry I haven't crossed Shields threshold since they totally ignored me when I had an appointment with them for a test drive - the showroom and reception staff were all too busy munching on their lunchtime sarnies and reading the Sun to be bothered to notice a client with an appointment for a test drive. I went home, phoned the Sales Manager to politely express my disgust and when he offered me another appointment I just replied that one attempt to sell me a car was all he was getting - I then went out of town and used Morrison's Land Rover Stirling for the next 6 Land Rovers I bought. 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #57836 31st Mar 2011 2:08pm
supershuttle

England 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor
Wiggs

How do I get in touch with Wiggs to discuss the BT upgrade options for my 2007 Vogue. Everything works but in a simple pickup/hangup sort of way the phonebook stuff is deffo a nice to have. I am registered on the D3 Forum but haven't made any posts, i only did it to get hold of Nick for some parts. Geoff

Post #58777 4th Apr 2011 9:26pm
alanm_3

Re: Wiggs

supershuttle wrote:
How do I get in touch with Wiggs to discuss the BT upgrade options for my 2007 Vogue. Everything works but in a simple pickup/hangup sort of way the phonebook stuff is deffo a nice to have. I am registered on the D3 Forum but haven't made any posts, i only did it to get hold of Nick for some parts.

I just sent a PM and he responded within a day. New updated BT module was despatched and problem solved wiithin 2 days!

Top man! Thumbs Up Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue

Post #58779 4th Apr 2011 9:33pm
supershuttle

England 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

Cheers didn't realise he was on here. Thumbs Up Geoff

Post #58784 4th Apr 2011 9:52pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12