Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > My Remapped 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 40 of 43 <123 ... 3940 414243>
Print this entire topic · 
dhallworth

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Baltic Blue

Sounds like you’ve had better luck at Dartford Transmissions then the other member on here has! 2002 4.6 Vogue SE - Alveston Red with Lightstone Leather
2007 Range Rover Supercharged in Java Black with Ivory Leather
2012 Range Rover 5.0 SC Autobiography in Indus Silver with Jet/Ivory Interior
2012 Range Rover 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography in Baltic Blue with Sand Interior

Post #583929 15th Feb 2021 8:43pm
green-oval-nut

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Stornoway Grey

I can guess which car it is that is having problems, might be the person who thinks that it costs nothing in labour to strip down parts of an engine to find a fault that cannot be diagnosed entirely with diagnostics and who probably drives a Range Rover with an appropriate reg plate and illegal reg plate spacing along with dangerously blacked out rear lights Rolling with laughter

DTA have been very slow in the past, but are fine again now. Biggest problem for garages now is supply of some common parts being slow to get hold of with a combination of the pandemic and the teething troubles with brexit. No more being said on that here though.

But I now have a working rear wiper again and coolant leak sorted. Hella tank failed at the bottom where there is an indentation from manufacturing. I have been cheap and gone with a Euro's bottle for now. This is a temporary solution while I deal with finances which gets my Range Rover back on the road properly so I can actually use it.

Also made the decision today that Oscar won't be going back into storage. The Agila I bought my partner for Christmas is coming back hopefully on Friday, and on the 26th I am collecting the Discovery which is where the Range Rover was stored and having all my on the road Green Ovals at home. I am going to take a chance and see if my neighbour is going to continue damaging any of my cars parked on the road and will be putting the cheapest for tyres Freelander on the road from the 26th to see if anything happens to it. If it does, then I will decide which car goes back to the coast to keep it safe.

My next task is to refurbish some Wabco compressors as I have a backlog of people waiting for them Very Happy

Click image to enlarge

Post #584099 16th Feb 2021 8:31pm
wayneg

Australia 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black

Fit a TD6 coolant cap, 140kpa as opposed to the 200kpa V8. Less pressure to pop ageing things. 2007 TDV8 VSE
2003 TD6 gone.
2002 P38a gone
1999 P38a gone
1997 p38a gone
1993 VSE gone
1992 VSE gone
1966 Series 2a with V8 conversion gone

Post #584113 17th Feb 2021 2:14am
green-oval-nut

As the Range Rover is behaving himself, I gave him a bath today.

Post #584756 21st Feb 2021 8:22pm
green-oval-nut

My Range Rover has been behaving himself, so I have been able to give some attention to 1 of my Discovery's. I am now in the process of painting the worst affected areas from the vandal damage. At the moment the Range Rover is my main car until the fuel level gets too low, then it will be the Freelander as the Discovery's rear brake caliper has seized on.

Post #585857 1st Mar 2021 8:32pm
green-oval-nut

Both the Landy's on the drive have now had a bath. When it is dry next, I need to locate the source of the oil leak. I am certain it is the sump pan, but am wondering if the rocker gaskets are also leaking. Currently self isolating as I had the vaccine on Monday and because of my complicated health conditions, I have had some pretty severe side affects. I am still pro the vaccine though.

Post #586966 10th Mar 2021 5:49pm
green-oval-nut

Well the day has come where I am between a rock and hard place, so Oscar is up for sale, along with the Agila and the blue Discovery I have in storage and possibly the Freelander soon.

I need to think more practically and bring costs down a bit for a while until Covid-19 and Brexit are over. I have put Oscar up for sale as the money would be useful towards buying a house, but it is not a dead certainty. I don't need to sell everything on the list, I have just put a few up for sale, Agila is definitely going and my partner is using the Freelander for now, Blue D3 is the other one I want to off load, and if I succeed in selling those 2, then Oscar can stay. He is my daily driver at the moment though. But will be very missed if he does get sold. But I do plan on getting another one after this pandemic and people adjusting to brexit is over. Hopefully won't come to that as I really want to keep Oscar until the day he dies spectacularly and cannot be repaired anymore Laughing

Advert placed in 1 place only and that is in the sales section of this club. Oscar isn't currently being advertised anywhere else.

Post #588499 23rd Mar 2021 1:48am
green-oval-nut

Gave Oscar a bath today. Really does scrub up well. Torn between taking Oscar or the D3 on Friday for our coastal walk.

Post #588726 24th Mar 2021 3:27pm
Bl4ckD0g

Netherlands 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Just be careful as it is still agains the law to travel outside your local area Wink

Post #588727 24th Mar 2021 3:39pm
green-oval-nut

Don't worry Bl4ckD0g, What I did was fully legal, a little bit of a bend on the rules but still legal, I actually had business to attend to in conjunction with how I earn a living not far and stopped enroute Wink Laughing and in my lunch break happened to take my dog for a walk on the beach and have lunch in the car at the beach Laughing But ended up taking my Discovery as there was a possibility I was going to be collecting a trailer which fell through.

However I have another coastal trip to do tomorrow for a breakdown job for a disabled lady who's campervan I looked after, as it drove back with me just fine, got parked up since the end of January and now won't start. Now debating whether to take the Discovery or load up the V8 for a blast out.

Most likely will have to take the Discovery in the morning though as I am on call which includes short notice towing.

Post #589143 27th Mar 2021 12:24am
green-oval-nut

Another project gained Shocked whilst discussing the upcoming deal of another Discovery and paying a bill at the same time, jokingly asked if he knew of any cheap cars for sale, and he casually mentioned he had something and the price and next thing I know, my supposed to slimming car collection grew again Rolling with laughter this one is going for sale after 1 repair and a good wash though.

Click image to enlarge

The L322 will be going back to the coast for a few weeks if I can't get the Agila sold by Wednesday though as I don't have enough room here. I am also looking at potentially buying another Range Rover L322 4.4 V8 with LPG only because of the mileage though.

Post #589506 29th Mar 2021 10:18pm
green-oval-nut

The Meriva Project has arrived so will be busy with that for around a week, maybe longer depending on the weather. So with the drive so crowded, Oscar is going back to my Mum's bosses until the Meriva is sold.

I am waiting for full on Summer weather to do more work on Oscar.

Post #589787 31st Mar 2021 10:39pm
green-oval-nut

Quite a lot has happened since I last posted, Freelander has now gone to a new home, my partner has taken over the Meriva and I got myself a Golf GT project and got rid of the Agila. I leant my Range Rover to a disabled man for a few months as I had nowhere to store the car, but he lives on a managed ex holiday park that thinks it is posh, but actually it makes benedorm look posh. Anyway, the board of directors Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter who manage the site, decided that he is not allowed a Range Rover on site, and demanded it was removed from HIS OWN parking space Shocked So yesterday, a day I was meant to be dividing with rest and repairing a wiring loom on the Golf, turned into a rush job and had to shoot off on a 2 hour round trip to move Oscar from where it was and take it away from someone who actually needed access to a car his wheelchair would fit in, and have had to put it by my parents for up to a week.

But getting passed the rambling on, Driving it the 3-4 miles from where it was to where it is now, made me fall in love with it all over again. I have the opportunity to buy a house, but don't think I can bring myself to sell it yet. I do need to be sensible, so Oscar is on Ebay for 10 days on a classified ad, but really my heart is saying keep him. Rolling with laughter

So the current list of cars I have are: Meriva, Green D3, Blue D3, Golf GT, Range Rover L322. I really need to ideally get that down to a maximum of 3 cars to myself, plus the Meriva Whistle We shall see. Money is definitely tight at the moment, but that now actually seems to be more to do with the amount being spent on car maintenance and mods Whistle

The Freelander went to an enthusiast, hoping this one will as well if it does sell.

Post #593940 12th May 2021 12:25am
Barmybrummie

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Santorini Black

I'm sorry green oval but your taste in cars is truly shocking lol. Sell the rest and keep the FF, it's a no brainer really.

Post #593945 12th May 2021 7:14am
dennij

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Buckingham Blue

With all the problems you have had where you live now, I would opt to purchase the house and move away from there. You can always pick up another FF later on Very Happy 2011 TDV8 Vogue SE

Post #593946 12th May 2021 7:17am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 40 of 43 <123 ... 3940 414243>