Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > 5.0 S/C L322 Fuel pressure problems P0087-00 fault code
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
WB

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Cam-Tech-Craig wrote:
Bl4ckD0g wrote:
at first I wasn’t excited about the gearbox. It wasn’t bad but not great. However following a mega flush and reset it has adapted to my driving style and is now nowhere near as lazy and works well together with that 5.0SC. Sure it isn’t a dual clutch or dct but it can handle the power very well and is actually rapid to shift up and down.

The same basic gearbox is used in the Aston Martin DB9 and we recently Tuned the gearbox using a plug in OBD2 tuning dongle from JF Automotive... This speeds up changes, lowers the lock up speed, resets the adaptions etc etc etc

Turned a lackluster gearbox into a perfectly acceptable one IMHO and all for £399

Any risks in resetting adaptations with these boxes like the older ones? I sometimes notice the 2-3 gearchange but other shifts are imperceptible and wondered if a reset would help?

Post #588993 26th Mar 2021 1:33am
WB

Haylands wrote:
You couldn't see any difference in new to old, I presume they have some sort of diaphragm inside, there are places selling refurbished ones...

I think just one of mine had gone bad as it was only at higher revs and need for fuel that the problems were apparent.

I have heard that if both fail it's a no start scenario...

Mine failed around 79,000 miles

Good to know - thanks Pete

Post #588994 26th Mar 2021 1:34am
woodrjh

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Buckingham Blue

Just acquired a 2011 (2012MY) L322 Autobiography 5.0 SC with 81K miles.

After a nice drive this weekend 150+ miles, I floored it seriously for the first time, and got the dreaded BONG - Restricted Performance message.

I've just ordered an IID tool, but my SDD shows P0087-00, Fuel rail/system pressure - too low.

I saw the nice graphs in this post, but can someone explain how to get them? Are they via SDD, IID tool, or something else?

I suspect that I have the high pressure fuel pump(s) issue and I watched the Autologic video which was very informative.

As mentioned in the video, does anyone know where the fuel system low pressure sensor is? I assume that the video was referring to the American vehicles, but where is it on the UK cars? It's not in the service manual, just the pipework.

I'll put some BG44K through too and see if that helps.

Thanks

Post #607519 27th Sep 2021 4:42pm
WB

Congrats on the 5.0.

I have the engine technical document - will dig it out and post it for you - should help with locating that sensor. The lrcat microcat is also useful for locating parts.

Has your car had the chain tensioners done out of interest?

Post #607536 27th Sep 2021 8:40pm
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

The fault is low, high pressure fuel, nothing to do with the low pressure side...

The high pressure fuel sensor is at the rear of the drivers side (RHD) cylinder head...

Those live values were from an IID tool...

I bet you £500 it's the high pressure fuel pumps you have the exact same symptoms, one of the pumps has failed, you can't tell which even after removal...

It's a PITA job to do and I wouldn't recommend it for a home mechanic.

Source the pumps yourself with the part numbers shown, less than half the price of the dealer and made by the same firm...

When you get them changed make sure the retaining bolts are replaced, one of mine snapped after a few months... see this thread

https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic55541-210.html

Good Luck.... Thumbs Up Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #607541 27th Sep 2021 9:53pm
woodrjh

The service history is not full LR, and I have most of the bills for the last few years. No sign of the chains being done, but no major rattles even with the engine cover off. Sounds like there may be the supercharger knock, so I’ll do that if the chains start rattling. No nasty codes in SDD, I have an IID tool on order, so I’ll check the pressures once it’s here.

My car didn’t recover from restricted performance until it was stopped and started again. Driving in limp mode is interesting, max 40mph up hill Shocked

I’m occasionally getting the adaptive suspension mode fault on the display too but my car is MY12 and already appears to have the newer style connectors on the top of the front dampers. There is a left front levelling sensor fault in the DTCs but I’m not sure if that is the cause. I’ll clear the fault once I get my IID tool and see if anything is triggered next time it happens.

I’ve wanted an L322 5.0 SC since they came out. I had a Jag 4.0 v8 SC a while ago and that had the chain rattle, but was still under warranty at the time, so done by the dealer.

Whoever ordered the car ticked most of the options including the factory body kit. The only options not fitted are the rear entertainment, park heating and locking diff. Even the seat heating and cooling appear to still be working at the moment. The car is generally in beautiful condition, so hopefully it won’t turn into too big a money pit.

Thanks for the help. I’ve spent a fair amount of time reading the forums and it’s been amazingly helpful.

Just need to track down a tow bar that fits with the body kit now…

Post #607544 28th Sep 2021 3:53am
Haylands

Locking rear diff is standard on an Autobiography... Thumbs Up Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold

Post #607604 28th Sep 2021 4:44pm
woodrjh

That would be nice, but I looked in the options list for the 11.5 model year April 2011 which is in the WIKI, and on that list it's an option for all the cars. It can only be fitted with adaptive dynamics which was standard on all the cars at that time and is on my car.

Also RDCM - Rear differential control module is showing as "Module may not be fitted" in SDD. I assume that this is the electronic locking rear diff.

It also didn't show up in the VIN decoder either.

Is there any way to tell? Where is the control module? What does the wiring look like to the diff? I think that there is a oil temp sensor on the diff, but there must be other cabling for the locking diff too.

Post #607609 28th Sep 2021 5:30pm
Haylands

Play with the terrain knob and the display should come up with a padlock over the rear axle on some settings.. as well as a padlock over the centre diff.. Thumbs Up Pete

Post #607611 28th Sep 2021 5:46pm
woodrjh

My terrain control display shows the rear diff padlock in green and unlocked when in one of the terrain modes.

Visual inspection confirms that it has the standard diff.

There is no locking motor fitted on the diff (I've looked at the diagrams in the service manual, and various photos), SDD shows that the RDCM is not found and it's not on VIN decode as fitted to the car.

Strange that the padlock shows, but I suppose it's correct in that the diff is not locked. I've read that somewhere else in the forum and it's the case on my car too.

I'm not sure that I'll miss it, as I can't see me doing much off road anyway, but you never know Wink Wink

Post #607671 29th Sep 2021 12:15pm
Haylands

Weird... they are very good without one though... Thumbs Up Pete

Post #607730 29th Sep 2021 9:25pm
chdavis

2012 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

Thanks for this thread! Have the exact same issue and I bet you saved me a lot of dicking around 2012 Range Rover HSE | 2011 Range Rover Autobiography | 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 2013 Mercedes-Benz G550, 2008 Ferrari F430, 2007 Volkswagen Touareg V10 TDI

Post #623454 12th Feb 2022 5:41pm
chdavis

2012 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

Just had my two HPFPs replaced. This thread was invaluable. Thanks again for posting. 2012 Range Rover HSE | 2011 Range Rover Autobiography | 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 2013 Mercedes-Benz G550, 2008 Ferrari F430, 2007 Volkswagen Touareg V10 TDI

Post #625573 6th Mar 2022 11:23pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12