Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Indi can't talk to control modules after compressor refurb
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
RSW

United Kingdom 
Indi can't talk to control modules after compressor refurb

So been having issues with my compressor and suspension inactive message but it was still running and keeping the car up and level but I couldn't change the height from the dash.
Finaly got some free time so did the compressor seal kit refurb, however when I put everything back together the compressor now won't run at all.
Take it to the indi for a reset and the computer can't talk with the control boxs except for the engine so can't reset the compressor everything else works ok and have checked every fuse I can find both front and back.

What next as nearly on the bump stops now

2002 V8 petrol

Thanks

Post #591050 13th Apr 2021 8:45am
Merchy

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

Please ignore this if I am, quote 'stating the bleedin obvious'

With your original fault, unable to change height, this may have been caused by a steering angle sensor problem or steering angle sensor needed re-setting. I had the same problem. Especially as you said the car was staying at the correct height.

As for lack of communication now, maybe the first move would be to re-check all the electrical connections / wiring you disturbed during the work, and take a quick look at the height sensors, and steering angle sensor.

As for loss of communications, hopefully one of the resident experts on here will be along soon with more info instead of me.
Hope this helps

Post #591063 13th Apr 2021 10:24am
RSW

United Kingdom 

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
The original error was something like compressor not making enough pressure. It was running (very loud) and was keeping the car level but the light was on the lock out so I couldn't adjust the height.
I only unpluged one connecter in the boot to get it out I have double checked this and can't see anything wrong in the plug.
Now it does not run at all and the light is out on the dash and it's nearly on the bump stops Sad

Post #591168 14th Apr 2021 8:13am
Merchy

I am not the best at electrical fault finding, but first I would check to see if you have current to the compressor, as you said, fuses already checked.
Maybe use an OBD11 reader to check for any fault codes etc.
As for no communications to the control boxes, this one has me stumped. What did the Indi use to investigate ?
Do they know RR's ?
Stabbing in the dark here, but for instance, with control boxes, if I am correct with the BCM, that must be ok to allow the car to start. So I am thinking most modules are ok, just no comms
Height control switches ? are the height selector switch and lock button OK. Height sensors, if one is faulty and gives the wrong signal, could this inhibit the compressor, if it thinks the car is at max height already.

On the air receiver there is a pressure sensor to tell the compressor to operate / stop, maybe this could be faulty?
Also near the air receiver is a solenoid valve block, may be a problem there.
It's the no communications bit that flummoxes me, as above was the right piece of kit used, and if they are not RR people they may have little experience - don't know and no offence meant, as in three years now with mine, all the time I find out more about it and find they are even more bloody complicated!!!!!!

Maybe disconnect the battery and try a hard reset, and then reset the wheel angle sensor, lock to lock.
Then check for comms again.
I use an Icarsoft LRV2.0 OBD reader, my budget will not stretch to a GAP tool, if I was near you could borrow mine, but alas I am in Wrexham, north wales.
There is not too much about this in the wiki - apologies if my post is a bit disjointed. Just got up Rolling with laughter

Hope there is something in here to help, first I would definitely get to the comms problem first then you may have more info.

Rob

Post #591176 14th Apr 2021 9:09am
Merchy

As an addition, as yours is a 2002, not sure, my screen has the facility for the hidden menu, check this, also the 2006 has a screen that can show off road info to see if all height seensors are at the same setting, sorry, do not know if the 2002 has this facility. Just thinking back to are all height sensors ok.

Hope you have some success

Rob

Post #591177 14th Apr 2021 9:13am
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Usually if the diagnostic tool won't talk to the car it is a fault with the tool, or the tool is not suitable, not all tools will talk to fatties, most will read engine faults but little else...

Maybe try another mechanic...

Don't go spending money and time on guesses to fix it until you have found a person with a reader that works. Thumbs Up

Disconnecting the battery etc will not clear a hard fault, you need the proper tool...

If you are going to keep the fatty then buy an IID tool, a few code reads and it has paid for itself and it is very hard to keep an old fatty on the road without one... Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #591187 14th Apr 2021 10:00am
RichTD6

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Zermatt Silver

Is it worth checking the compressor relay as I have seen that when changing the compressor for a new one, the supplying companies recommend a new relay at the same time?
I know you haven’t changed yours entirely and have reconditioned it, but it may be worth a look?
I think I remember it being located in the rear fuse panel in the boot.
Apologies if I’m on the wrong track with this suggestion. 2012 Westminster TDV8 4.4 Indus Silver
GAP IID Bluetooth Tool

Previous Range Rovers:

2005 L322 Vogue SE TD6 Zambezi Silver
1995 P38A HSE Epsom Green
1988 Classic Vogue EFi Cassis Red
1973 Two Door Tuscan Blue

Post #591235 14th Apr 2021 5:56pm
RSW

United Kingdom 

Thanks RichTD6 I will check the relays

Haylands not sure what make the tool is but it has always been good before for resets and code reading on mine

Post #591274 15th Apr 2021 8:37am
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Most scanners will read and clear emission faults, and some other basic problems, but may not be getting enough access to clear your current problem.

If it just speaks to the engine ECU then that makes me think it isn't capable of speaking to the others...

Worth checking before you spend money changing things... Thumbs Up Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #591402 16th Apr 2021 11:11am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1