Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > Fat Lorraine's story
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Jayk69

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Barolo Black

Great write up and i agree 13k is not too shabby i would not want a new small car either.
anyone know if there is a vac line pic for the TDV8 4.4?
that would be real handy i want to replace mine just as maintenance Thumbs Up 2012 Vogue 4.4 TDV8 - Current
2014 Navara V6 - Gone
2004 Vogue TD6 - Gone
Grand Cherokee - Gone
Discovery V8 (LPG) - Gone
Discovery TD5 - Gone

Post #582197 3rd Feb 2021 8:53am
vs322

Greece 2004 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

This might have been covered already but I'll also document it here for the record.

The M62 occasional startup rattle can be an easy fix. So before taking the entire engine apart:

First approach is use of the correct filter, that's the MAN one. With the plain flat bottom. Not the others with a plastic ring at the bottom.

If already using the above MAN filter, the next thing to check are the VANOS solenoid seals. Those are at the front of the cam covers under the camshaft position sensors and tend to harden and leak over time.

Using the wrong filter AND having a leaking solenoid seal will allow oil to drain from the VANOS system and cause a bried rattle at starup.

Post #582280 3rd Feb 2021 7:55pm
vs322

TomV8 wrote:
Fantastic write up vs322. Huge thanks for posting, it is very interesting and enjoyable.

I am 3.5 years and 30,000 miles into my own 2004 L322 V8 adventure. They are such lovely vehicles. I thought I’d only do a couple of thousand miles a year in mine, but my family and I like it so much, we’ve done five times that mileage.

Good luck with it going forwards and please keep the updates coming.

I was saying the exact same thing when I bought mine! Planned to use the Freelander as a daily. Ended up doing the exact opposite. Now I can't imagine myself driving anything else. Maybe a 2012 one or a L405.

The Freelander is nearing 300K km and turning 20 next month!
Still in great shape and a keeper for life.

Post #582282 3rd Feb 2021 8:02pm
vs322

Decided to tackle the control arms and bushes job yesterday. What an absolute b**ch! Both to remove AND to fit. Should have ordered the complete arm in the first place. Would have saved us a day!

Airstruts coming up next...

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #583116 10th Feb 2021 2:34pm
vs322

After getting locked out a couple times, I decided it was time I got the fat girl a proper spare key. As the immobilizer ECU had to come off to be read,
unfortunately had some collateral damage to the HDC-LOW switches. I had been trying hard to preserve the almost pristine foundry centerpiece by various invisible and fully functional tricks but since the pcb fittings are all broken and one contactor set missing now, I guess it's time to let go and move on. So I ordered a decent looking pre-owned one and will weigh my options once it's here.

Back to the new key, I was astonished by the quality of this aftermarket fob. The factory one looks so unworthy of a car that expensive, originally...

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

What I now noticed, is the much improved response from the car locks, steering column lock and the increased remote control range. Not sure how all this could be possible but it's happening and I can't complain. The key cost 120 euros altogether and the whole procedure took about 45 minutes.
Much better compared to 500 and 3 months wait from the stealers.

Post #591912 20th Apr 2021 7:54pm
vs322

Arnott air struts

For the record, the new Arnott air struts were tested in all conditions and I couldn't be happier with them. Ride is so smooth now. Also, you cannot imagine how many different noises could emanate from a worn out strut...

Post #591918 20th Apr 2021 8:08pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12