Home > Technical (L405) > MY18 L405 P0047
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
Kot

United Kingdom 
MY18 L405 P0047

So my 1st tech fault after my 1st month of ownership Rolling Eyes

Noticed the amber engine light illuminated, I was not far from home so carefully drove home.
Searched the forums (as you do lol) then took my new BT Autel and plugged in.

There was P0047 fault code Turbocharger/supercharger boost control 'A' circuit low. Possible causes
Faulty turbo charger boost control solenoid
Turbo charger boost control solenoid harness (short to ground).

So next step I reset the code and all returned to normal -amber engine alarm disappeared, took the car for a good spin.
All good very happy with myself (why I dont know).

A week later (yesterday), yes you guessed it, the light came on again, noticed it about 3 mins into journey to the local forest.
Early morning, car still warming up, and not gone over 40 mph yet.

It reset again, and again took it for a good run.
Looks like ~I have an intermittent fault, my guess its maybe getting water at a connection or harness somewhere is rubbing and its an intermittent earth issue.

I intend to have a good look under the bonnet but dont want to go to far due to it still in warranty.
Booked in with the Dealer 1st week of May (Yes its pathetic trying to get a decent time slot at the moment) it is an approved used FF with LR extended Warranty, also I have an other separate issue I will post soon.

Has anyone had the same intermittent fault code? if so what was the issue. 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #591391 16th Apr 2021 9:52am
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

make sure the fault code is showing when it goes to the dealer. If it has LR warranty then it should also come with LR assist. it may be worth a call to them when the light comes on, they might send a chap out (possibly AA) who can read and log the code and possibly get it into a dealer a bit sooner? There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #591455 16th Apr 2021 6:58pm
Kot

United Kingdom 

Thanks northernmonkeyjones

I will do that, it happened again today Big Cry .
A short 10 mile round trip all OK pulled up outside house, depressed foot Brake on to stop, selected Park and Amber Engine light came on and just the 1 code again P0047. I reset it and no issues again.

Next occasion, I will leave alone and see what LR assist do/say, not expecting much as its not easy troubleshooting an intermittent fault. But agree with you to get it recorded officially by LR assist. 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #591459 16th Apr 2021 7:18pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

Kot, what gadget are you using to reset the code? Question L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso

Post #591465 16th Apr 2021 8:08pm
Fifth Horseman

Scotland 2018 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Carpathian Grey

From experience of the same symptoms it is most likely that the turbo actuator is faulty, caused by oil tracking through the wiring harness from the oil level sensor to the actuator.

There was a service campaign, N375, which should reduce the chance of oil getting into the harness from the level sensor. Do you know if this has been done on your vehicle? If it has then it is possible that by the time it was done enough oil had already tracked into the actuator to cause it to eventually fail.

Post #591490 17th Apr 2021 7:51am
Kot

United Kingdom 

ilard
I use https://www.autelstore.co.uk/wholesale/aut...anner.html it was 4/5 days delivery 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #591493 17th Apr 2021 9:05am
Kot

United Kingdom 

Fifth Horseman
There was a service campaign, N375, which should reduce the chance of oil getting into the harness from the level sensor. Do you know if this has been done on your vehicle? If it has then it is possible that by the time it was done enough oil had already tracked into the actuator to cause it to eventually fail.

Thanks for that info, I dont know if it was done only had the car a month. Would this record be accessible on Topix? 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #591494 17th Apr 2021 9:10am
northernmonkeyjones

im not sure if the 2018 models are prone to this failure as the updated part has been available for some time and I would assume at some point they started fitting it as standard, but as you are under warranty, if it needs doing it should be FOC for the wiring harness upgrade as part of the campaign and they should then fix the actuator under warranty so you should be covered for everything. Thumbs Up There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜

Post #591512 17th Apr 2021 12:04pm
Fifth Horseman

Scotland 2018 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Carpathian Grey

Kot wrote:

Would this record be accessible on Topix?

It should show if it hasn't been done.

There is an associated tech bulletin for this fault - LTB01087v4

Post #591546 17th Apr 2021 6:31pm
northernmonkeyjones

It did show on the online service record as well. But I think they have changed that...... that’s how I noticed it needed doing on mine. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜

Post #591549 17th Apr 2021 6:56pm
Kot

United Kingdom 

Well it didn't show up on any campaign i can see, as I subscribed to Topix to get more workshop info it shows nothing outstanding. So was there no recall? are they just waiting for owners to show a problem that is inevitable and then repairing as and when? Something that could be added to a service appointment. I have only had the car 4 weeks surely this should have been done before re-sold? They sure know how to Censored off their customer base dont they.

Anyway after several days of no faults, it came back again so called LR assist, they sent a LR tech who came out and confirmed it was the N375 issue and booked me a hire car there and then.
its hired for 4 days and believe after that the dealer pays hire charge so i expect my Car back 6pm Tuesday before Dealer picks up the hire charge, for the past 2 days they haven't touched it, according to the app. Yes i know its just a couple of hours work, how can it possibly take 4 or more days!!!!!!

On a separate matter (see No sound post) it also has no comms with the audio amp system, the dealer knows about it, the LR assist tech also confirmed it during his Turbo diagnostic code checks, its another warranty but bet they dont find the time to fix that issue at the same time as this Turbo harness issue.
From what i have read on all the forums, if its the amp, bet they dont have 1 in stock so more visits Big Cry
It was previously booked in 1st week of May for the audio issue with the inconvenience of not having any courtesy cars available--take it or leave it, or wait till end of May!!!!. I need to re-read the extended warranty booklet again me thinks. 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #592308 24th Apr 2021 10:20pm
Kot

United Kingdom 

So it was an internal failure of the turbo actuator according to the paperwork, nothing mentioned about N375 but suspect that was the case. This car has only 10k on the clock and the LR assist guy mentioned its never had enough run time with a hot Engine for capillary action to show up the fault until now.

And I was wrong they did have time to check the Audio issue so well done Mr Dealer. Bow down 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #592526 27th Apr 2021 1:21pm
northernmonkeyjones

LR assist is sometimes the way to go with faults if you have a warranty. Especially if they throw a code and a warning, as they can usually get a priority booking with the dealer and hire car, plus they are there standing next to you on the drive so you can make sure they are doing a decent job of diagnosing the issue, glad it seems to have been sorted. Also the fault is then logged with LR and the warranty company, so no flannel from the dealers who just want to charge as many people £££ for oil changes and not fill the ramp up with an actual issue! There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜

Post #592544 27th Apr 2021 5:43pm
Afernandez

Argentina 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Siberian Silver

Many thanks for that!, same problem in Chile…

Post #600811 15th Jul 2021 10:27pm
jackcramerr

10k miles on the clock for diesel and a 2018... you have the wrong vehicle.
Brace yourself for issues.

Post #600846 16th Jul 2021 9:57am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>