Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Orders (L405) > Placing order tomorrow - 5.0 SC engine or P400 – 3.0L 400H
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
aja500

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Aruba

Boatmechanic wrote:
Call dealer and change to tan leather. Much nicer. Should go better with the red as well.

Absolutely love Tan, I'm a massive fan and it would be my number one choice.

Unfortunately though, from what I've seen, this colour can end up looking more orange rather than Tan, it seems that the leather shade varies slightly.

For me it's just too bigger gamble, as unlike a used car which you can see, with new it will be a case of getting what you're given

Post #591928 20th Apr 2021 7:31pm
aja500

Weegie wrote:
That's gorgeous. Thumbs Up

BTW I was a long term customer when it was Caffyns Lewes (15 years) and had excellent service. Salesman was Bruno who was first class. Though they did know that I worked at the big house just up the road. Wink

He retired and a year or so later I went in to make an enquiry about buying a D4. The "sales rep" could hardly take the time to speak to me never mind trying to make a sale. Changed days.

Thanks Weegie Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

It is very sad how times have changed - In my opinion, Land Rover's customer service and general attitude towards customers is very poor.

The Sales departments couldn't care less and service will try and charge you as much as possible whenever they can. Unfortunately, LR make fantastic cars and these people know this. They also know that we'll buy them regardless of how terrible their service is.

In short, they know the cars will sell themselves, so they don't have to bother

Post #591930 20th Apr 2021 7:40pm
Dixy

2016 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Loire Blue

Interesting your comments on service or lack of. I would probably just buy if I believed if there was a problem they would sort it quickly and lend me something decent. Last time I had a problem they did nothing at all for a month, car parked tracker confirmed no movement and lent me a hideous F Pace.
I am agonising over what to do about cars, first world problem I know. My 405 is as good as when we got it but is 5+ years old. If they still did the SDV8 I would just order, I had told the salesman who I bought the last 4 with that if he heard they were discontinuing to call me but he did not. Having sold one of my business I do less miles so considering the V8. Considering having a new Defender 90 V8 and keeping the existing 405 but I already have too many cars. Still thinking of waiting for the 460.
I use to be indecisive but now I am not sure. letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #592276 24th Apr 2021 9:37am
aja500

Sorry Dixy, I've only just seen your reply.

I was shocked to read how long your car had been sat at the dealership without a repair. I'm guessing this was some kind of software fault that they didn't know how to fix?

With this in mind, and having taken the advice of other FFRR members, I have now placed my order. The general advice I was getting from other FFRR members, was it's better to buy a well sorted current model now, rather than a new one which the Technicians will almost certainly need a while to get to grips with.

Furthermore, I got what I thought was a good discount off a current car built to my exact specification. The car is a 5.0 SC AB LWB. It listed at £126,850 (including deployable sidesteps) and I got £15k off (paid £111,930) - Approx 12%.discount. (bigger discounts are available if you're less fussy and happy to take a current available car from stock).

If the new model of this car also sees a 5% increase (could be slightly less could be slightly more), then the saving becomes even greater, at more than £20k.

I'd say this wants to be your target percentage discount (PM me if you want to know who I bought from). To get this level of discount, I had to agree to taking Land Rover finance, but this can be paid off immediately after the agreement begins if you wish, at a cost of 2 months interest (which isn't much if you can put down a large deposit). The Finance contribution is currently at £7,000, although the dealers claim they are having to support this and will take this into account on your final discounted price.

If the new MK5 car turns out as well as it should, I'll take the advice of other FFRR members and change in 2-3 years time, by which point, you would hope any initial problems should be sorted, and you'll probably be able to get a discount Thumbs Up

In terms of engines, after much research, I'd say definitely go 5.0 SC if you're not doing many miles.,

Post #592475 26th Apr 2021 8:19pm
MonkeyMan

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Causeway Grey

aja500 wrote:
Boatmechanic wrote:
Call dealer and change to tan leather. Much nicer. Should go better with the red as well.

Absolutely love Tan, I'm a massive fan and it would be my number one choice.

Unfortunately though, from what I've seen, this colour can end up looking more orange rather than Tan, it seems that the leather shade varies slightly.

For me it's just too bigger gamble, as unlike a used car which you can see, with new it will be a case of getting what you're given

I bought a 13 plate 405 with tan leather recently. In all the photos it looked orange, but I couldn’t believe it would be like that in the flesh, so I went to view it and was very pleased that I did. In person, it’s a lovely rich brown, not orange at all.

Post #592477 26th Apr 2021 8:35pm
aja500

That's the beauty of buying used, as I also did with my last two Range Rovers.

It's great when you can see exactly what you're going to get, which is another reason why I decided against ordering a new L460. I want to see a few of these new cars in the metal before spending the money. Which colour will I like best? Which wheels will I prefer, etc. The potential for mistakes and regrets when buying new is huge.

I have to agree with you, in the showroom the sample did look Tan, but at £112k, it's a risk I'm not prepared to take again.

I say again, because I bought a new Bentley Continental GTC W12 last year with something called Koa wood. The sample in the showroom looked great, when the car was delivered it looked a very different shade to what I expected. Although I realise wood is a natural product and more likely to vary, I just can't take the risk with the leather. The Continental GTC went soon after delivery and was driven less than 100 miles, with as you can probably imagine, a significant financial loss.

It's a real shame though, as I am something of a traditionalist when it comes to colours and the Tan would have gone beautifully with the Rossello Red - Maybe next time on the L460

Post #592480 26th Apr 2021 8:47pm
Phil.

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Aja500 - My experience of LR finance is that you can pay it off within the first 14 days without incurring any interest. MY23 D350 HSE
On my 7th RR plus various other JLR vehicles

Post #592656 29th Apr 2021 9:44am
aja500

That's good to know - I'll try that following delivery Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #592700 29th Apr 2021 3:17pm
Bl4ckD0g

Netherlands 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

aja500 wrote:
T...

It's a real shame though, as I am something of a traditionalist when it comes to colours and the Tan would have gone beautifully with the Rossello Red - Maybe next time on the L460

In my opinion Smile you've had a lucky escape. Tan and Red together is a fashion disaster. It is like people wearing black and blue together. Some colours should never been seen together. And yes Ferrari is wrong also Rolling with laughter

Credentials for this opinion, well my mum designed fashion all her life. Some of you may have even bought some of it Laughing

Post #592742 30th Apr 2021 5:34am
Bl4ckD0g

Phil. wrote:
Aja500 - My experience of LR finance is that you can pay it off within the first 14 days without incurring any interest.

It is not just LR Finance, it is the law. Any agreement under the consumer finance act allows you to cancel with 14 days "the cooling off period" and you have 30 days to pay the money received back in full.

It is not a new act either Wink
https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1974/39/contents

Post #592743 30th Apr 2021 5:40am
aja500

I never knew that Black Dog, thank you - Will do that Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #592744 30th Apr 2021 6:27am
Bl4ckD0g

No worries. As Chris Tarrant always used to say. It’s only easy when you know it Smile

I’ve used it a few times, mainly just to get a bigger discount when buying with finance. Our Mercedes AMG GLS63 had a huge huge huge discount on it when compounding manufacturer, dealer and finance contributions. Truth to be told I felt a little bit bad as my intention was always to buy it outright. But the dealer encouraged me themselves (I guess they also had a unit bonus Wink). And the law is clear, so they know it as well.

LOL I guess by writing so much I am still uneasy about it as I feel like I robbed them 🤣 But I guess it’s just a small percentage of us who actually do exercise their rights and cancel within 14 days to pay off in full.

Enjoy you car. I must admit I’m very tempted as well, but with lockdown easing our emigration plans can be reinstated and I need to be smart and not buy yet another new car, I need to get rid of things. But I seem to keep on accumulating 🤣

Post #592747 30th Apr 2021 6:50am
Dixy

2016 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Loire Blue

As part of the discussions I had with my dealer they said we have a gentleman's agreement that you will not settle for 6 months as there is a claw back on them.
After the 14 days cooling off the rule of 78 applies. So if you took a 12 month agreement and settled on day 15 you would pay 33/78ths of the interest. If you settled the day after the sixth payment you would only not pay 6/78ths of the interest.
This would be still considerably less than the deposit contribution.
I am a sad git for knowing this. letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #592755 30th Apr 2021 8:00am
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123