Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > RR L322 3.6 TDV8 - Buying Advice and Retro Fit Tow Bar
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Merchy

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

As above Westfalia tow bars are no longer abvailable, this may help, when I bought my Td6 it already had a Witter system on it, with 13 pin plug, looked like it had been fitted not too long before I bought the car.

Some details off the WITTER label -(E11) 00-4168, R32B

Used a good few times - no problems experienced - It looks like it was built by I K Brunel, and will definitely outlast the car, god knows how much it weighs Thumbs Up

As a bonus, a guy hit me at some lights when I was stationary, after a detailed check, only damaged to my car / tow bar was the rubber cover on the ball, his nearly new A8 was another story Shocked

Post #593143 4th May 2021 5:02pm
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Witter bars are good, so are Brink. I had a witter on SWMBOs Skoda, was very robust and easy to take on and off. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #593152 4th May 2021 5:53pm
Slow progress

United Kingdom 

northernmonkeyjones wrote:

in terms of preventative things to stop the turbos going pop..... you can blank and map out the EGR valves. this may help, but there sometimes seems no rhyme nor reason why they fail, a good history with the car and evidence of frequent oil changes will give some piece of mind, and checking that all the intercooler and turbo hoses are in order will help. By all means get it checked over by someone you trust, but many of the problems will be masked and there is no real way of knowing if the EGRs are coked up without taking them off!

Is it just the EGR failure that causes the turbo to pop on the TDV8 and td6?

Post #600336 11th Jul 2021 7:48pm
322BLL

Estonia 

L322 is notably heavier and that extra fat gives more planted feel when towing bigger stuff.

Post #600343 11th Jul 2021 9:13pm
longd

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Orkney Grey

Rather than start up a new thread …

I rarely need to tow anything maybe once or twice a year ! 4.4tdv8 no tow bar ever fitted , how and what should I be looking for on eBay ? Ideally something detachable . Do all l322’s have wiring in the boot space to add a tow bar ? Any all advice is welcomed , ideally I’m looking for the cheapest options as I don’t want to be spending money on something so ugly as a tow bar Rolling with laughter

Post #658454 4th Mar 2023 5:23pm
pcourtney

England 2011 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Sumatra Black

I am in the same boat, and am also not sure if all the wiring and ECU are always installed in or cars by default or we need to retrofit Sad

hopefully someone could confirm - I doubt the ECU would be installed

I have been offered a Westfalia Detachable and crossmember with 7 pin connector in good nick, but nothing else comes with the tow bar, except some 21mm subframe bolts - so this why I'm also asking !

this is good info on fitting instructions - page 4 Item 11 ( shows a connector )

https://www.fullfatrr.com/gallery/albums/u...40_vr1.pdf

Last edited by pcourtney on 30th Mar 2023 11:34pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #658987 9th Mar 2023 8:50pm
longd

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Orkney Grey

From what I have gathered , through very limited knowledge, apparently it’s a case of fitting tow bar and wiring it to the existing loom, then programming through id tool ? This is all from a conversation with a Volkswagen mechanic … so I wouldn’t take it as gospel ?! Hopefully get some confirmation from someone who has already done it !

Post #658989 9th Mar 2023 8:56pm
fisha

2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aruba

If you get a proper electric kit with the towbar, then it'll be a loom and ecu box with the proper cable connectors to plug into existing loom stuff in the side rear sections of the boot are. The L322 will be wired for the towing loom to be added to it. On my first L322, I bought a genuine loom ( was same price as towbar suppliers ). On my Freelander 2, second L322 and Evoque I bought the loom kits as offered from the towbar suppliers, and they all worked just fine.

IIRC correctly, it will likely just automatically figure out that the towbar is fitted, and if you are using normal bulbs in the trailer*, the matching symbol will appear on the display when you indicate.

Where the programming comes in and makes a difference I have found is when you reverse. If it hasn't been programmed for a towbar, then the rear parking sensors will sense the trailer close behind and beep instantly. With programming, it'll know when a trailer is connected, and then ignore the rear sensors when you select reverse.

* I think by default, the system tries to sense for filament type bulbs. If you have LED bulbs, then the system cant sense them and so doesn't register that a trailer is fitted. My horse trailer has leds and the trailer icon doesn't appear on the display when indicating, and my parking sensors doesn't switch off. Yet with the bike rack attached, which has filament bulbs, it all works as it should. V8 or else ...

Post #659005 9th Mar 2023 11:10pm
pcourtney

England 2011 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Sumatra Black

the rear bumper needs removing to fit a towbar

&ab_channel=powerfulukltd

Post #660731 30th Mar 2023 11:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12