Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > MPG -- 2
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Polux

2005 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Monte Carlo Blue

Ivan wrote:
Polux, interesting. I had a 4.4 and a 4.6 P38 on LPG. You are now, by your own figures, doing on £100 of LPG what you did on £400 of petrol? With LPG at around 55 ish pence per litre and petrol 95 ish per litre and by your own admission and my experience, slightly less mpg on gas I don't think so! Are you counting the petrol you use when starting? I reckoned my 4.4 was saving me no more than £10 per week, on an annual mileage of 10k. which when I counted the reduced range, no boot or spare wheel (well not at the same time!) just wasn't worth it. I now run a supercharged and my weekly bill has risen by about £10. But hey, if it works for you then fine,
Ivan
PS just got the calculator out - if you are buying LPG at 40p per litre that would make a big difference! (75 litres at £30)

the £400 figure was quoted when i 1st got the vehicle, which was last year when petrol prices i was paying was £1.10 a ltr, but i do buy my lpg at £0.43 from a station near me that i help out sometimes. but i do also have another jet stn near me that is selling at £0.47

the no spare wheel is no bother to me. can of spray pump up/wheel at home in garage/+AA if needed.

Post #5972 3rd Jun 2009 12:42am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12