Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > £10k Budget - Advice/Recommendations on best 4x4?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
Slow progress

United Kingdom 

Right decision, think a few people on here will attest you have to look at a few to find a good one…or go in eyes open and know exactly what works are required.

Post #601386 21st Jul 2021 2:48pm
mjdronfield

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Buckingham Blue

Mileage..... I wouldn’t get too hung up on it if everything else is right.

I know that’s not really helped.

Mine needed oil cooler changing at about 83k if that helps.....

Thumbs Up 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 TDV8

Previous cars :
2003 Range Rover Vogue TD6
1999 Discovery Td5 ES
1995 BMW M5 3.8 6 speed
1992 Range Rover 3.9 Efi Vogue
1992 BMW M5 3.8
1988 BMW 735i SE
1989 Ford Sierra XR4x4 2.9i
1981 Ford Fiesta Supersport

Post #601387 21st Jul 2021 2:57pm
Marcel M6

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Buckingham Blue

Depends on what type of journeys it did also. I used to do 100miles a day commuting and over the last year have started doing mainly 3-5mile journeys a few times a week. Suspect that's what caused my EGR valve problem.

Post #601389 21st Jul 2021 3:01pm
btiratsoo

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

I thought about going to view that car but at the price they want, the driver’s seat condition and the damage to the paint put me off. From a dealer that is unacceptable in my eyes. The rusty wheel bolts and chipped finish to the door handle in one of the photos didn’t help. Current vehicles:
1944 Fordson Standard
1982 Land Rover Series 3 88" petrol
1984 Ford 4610
2009 3.6 TDV8 Vogue
2017 CLS Shooting Brake

Post #601423 21st Jul 2021 6:47pm
garyRR

United Kingdom 

Of the condition to the vehicle is others on the market, it's not a good deal. The vehicle is actually on 120,000 and not 111,000 and, there is at least £1,000 in the repairs to the bumper and seats. Add on the gamble with getting the sunroof to work and the cooled seat and, it's actually quite expensive. £13.5k gets some very good pristine examples of cars vs that at
£12.5k, which would cost more than buying a tidy car with no issues. They were offering no money off. 2015 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 SDV8

Post #601429 21st Jul 2021 7:53pm
MH04

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

I’d either got for a FFRR 4.4 TDV8, the Cayenne 3 litre diesel or if you don’t care about MPG the Turbo.
Other one you might have overlooked, £10k would get you quite a nice Merc GL they’re nice cars and have all the off road stuff and towing ability a FFRR has, I know some have cooled seats.
I don’t think the interiors are quite as nice but they’re a good car.

Post #601541 22nd Jul 2021 9:10pm
garyRR

United Kingdom 

Thanks all for the advice.

I kept pretty much to budget and have made a purchase of an absolutely pristine 2 owner (last owner owned it for 6 years), full service history 2011 Vogue SE with a year's MOT. There isn't a single mark on the car inside or out - i'm not just saying that - it's showroom quality still inside and out. I couldn't believe what I'd stumbled upon. And there is hardly any wear on the leather.

It has the lovely ivory leather with the dark stitching opposed to piping, heated and cooled seats in the front and heated in the back, heated steering wheel, sunroof, rear screen entertainment (with the remote and both headphones still), Logic 7 HD, adaptive cruise control, Range Rover treadplates on every door sill, digital dash, privacy glass, 20" RR wheels with brand new Pirellis, cornering headlamps and cornering lights and double glazing! I know most of that is standard on the Vogue SE but, pretty sure the cornering headlamps, privacy glass, RSE, treadplates and double glazing were all optional extras? It also has the running boards and front and rear mudflaps fitted at main dealer costing £1,300!

Now having had both - the 2006 3.6 and the 2011 4.4, wow what a difference. If anyone bought a 3.6, they are lovely cars, plenty of power, quiet and comfortable and you would not be disappointed. But wow, the 2011 4.4 is in a different league. It's so quiet, the steering is so light, it feels like they've lopped a big elephant off the weight of the front - it feels so much lighter and it's so refined and quiet, especially with that double glazing. The active dynamic suspension really is a massive upgrade worthwhile having and there clearly is more refinement and sound deadening fitted to this. The 8 speed box adds to the package, mostly at speed because it means less engine noise. So, now I've got one, I think they're totally worth the jump in price.

The bits that need doing? Well, one of the rear calipers needs replacing. I got the money off the price for this, as saw the signs it had been sticking. The other thing is the air con pressure control valve - it's not too bad at the moment - from cold it takes about 5 minutes for it to kick in and then doesn't cause an issue the rest of the day - even with various journeys. I'm conscious this is a pain in the backside job but, it's not too bad for now so, I'll do this in time.

From the advice on here, I made sure I looked for a vehicle that had the oil cooler seals done and the auxiliary belt and tensioner. I have both of the receipts for these and both of these jobs were done in the last 2 years so, massive tick there too.

After being conned and sold a poor condition car that I've lost thousands on, I really hope this one will be a good car to me, one I can really cherish and look after.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 2015 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 SDV8

Post #601774 25th Jul 2021 1:06pm
mjdronfield

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Buckingham Blue

That looks cracking mate. Those are the seats with semi analine leather. The seats with the piping aren’t.

I put the spec and price list for our model year on the forum and Stan added to the wiki.

Have fun working out how much it was new....

https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic59697.html

Thumbs Up 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 TDV8

Previous cars :
2003 Range Rover Vogue TD6
1999 Discovery Td5 ES
1995 BMW M5 3.8 6 speed
1992 Range Rover 3.9 Efi Vogue
1992 BMW M5 3.8
1988 BMW 735i SE
1989 Ford Sierra XR4x4 2.9i
1981 Ford Fiesta Supersport

Post #601776 25th Jul 2021 1:30pm
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

garyRR wrote:
Thanks all for the advice.

I kept pretty much to budget and have made a purchase of an absolutely pristine 2 owner (last owner owned it for 6 years), full service history 2011 Vogue SE with a year's MOT. There isn't a single mark on the car inside or out - i'm not just saying that - it's showroom quality still inside and out. I couldn't believe what I'd stumbled upon. And there is hardly any wear on the leather.

It has the lovely ivory leather with the dark stitching opposed to piping, heated and cooled seats in the front and heated in the back, heated steering wheel, sunroof, rear screen entertainment (with the remote and both headphones still), Logic 7 HD, adaptive cruise control, Range Rover treadplates on every door sill, digital dash, privacy glass, 20" RR wheels with brand new Pirellis, cornering headlamps and cornering lights and double glazing! I know most of that is standard on the Vogue SE but, pretty sure the cornering headlamps, privacy glass, RSE, treadplates and double glazing were all optional extras? It also has the running boards and front and rear mudflaps fitted at main dealer costing £1,300!

Now having had both - the 2006 3.6 and the 2011 4.4, wow what a difference. If anyone bought a 3.6, they are lovely cars, plenty of power, quiet and comfortable and you would not be disappointed. But wow, the 2011 4.4 is in a different league. It's so quiet, the steering is so light, it feels like they've lopped a big elephant off the weight of the front - it feels so much lighter and it's so refined and quiet, especially with that double glazing. The active dynamic suspension really is a massive upgrade worthwhile having and there clearly is more refinement and sound deadening fitted to this. The 8 speed box adds to the package, mostly at speed because it means less engine noise. So, now I've got one, I think they're totally worth the jump in price.

The bits that need doing? Well, one of the rear calipers needs replacing. I got the money off the price for this, as saw the signs it had been sticking. The other thing is the air con pressure control valve - it's not too bad at the moment - from cold it takes about 5 minutes for it to kick in and then doesn't cause an issue the rest of the day - even with various journeys. I'm conscious this is a pain in the backside job but, it's not too bad for now so, I'll do this in time.

From the advice on here, I made sure I looked for a vehicle that had the oil cooler seals done and the auxiliary belt and tensioner. I have both of the receipts for these and both of these jobs were done in the last 2 years so, massive tick there too.

After being conned and sold a poor condition car that I've lost thousands on, I really hope this one will be a good car to me, one I can really cherish and look after.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Congrats mate, it looks like you found a really nice one! MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #601836 26th Jul 2021 8:59am
mm289

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Ipanema Sand

Well done - that looks great Thumbs Up

What was the mileage?

Cheers,

MM 2011 TDV8 AB
2006 TD6 AB (Gone to Wales)

Post #601837 26th Jul 2021 9:02am
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Result! Well done that man Thumbs Up Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #601860 26th Jul 2021 12:59pm
Jayk69

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Barolo Black

i have the TDV8 and done around 20k in it this year so here are my expenses

things that broke

1x rear shock (The other was replace last MOT by last Owner and was less than 6 months old
Aux belts were falling apart so replaced tensioners pullies belts and water pump
AC compressor is on its way out (Not replaced that yet)
Tyres full set
Front Pads and disc's
Oil cooler and seals (Old cooler went to another member on here)

Maint

x3 Oil and filter services
Serviced gearbox
Diffs

i think that is it 2012 Vogue 4.4 TDV8 - Current
2014 Navara V6 - Gone
2004 Vogue TD6 - Gone
Grand Cherokee - Gone
Discovery V8 (LPG) - Gone
Discovery TD5 - Gone

Post #601870 26th Jul 2021 2:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top