Print this entire topic · 
Mr Tee

Scotland 

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #569478 11th Oct 2020 10:30am
Mr Tee

Scotland 

Thought it time for a wee update:

Handbrake issue: had local garage replaced the shoes. Couldn’t run calibration on the diagnositic. Bit the bullet and back to Porsche main dealer . They always do the video upsell before they start work. Some of the work is laughable at best, however once you understand the sales model, fair do’s.

They wound back the shoes, re-set the gaps then good to go. They did flag up the geometry which they said was way out again, so bit the bullet.

In addition, the back boxes are rusting badly (Craig, it’s only been in jockland for 12 months so you can’t blame that Mr. Green ) we can replace them for £2.5k though.... erm , think I’ll pass. I’ve found a local fabricator with a really good reputation , makes stuff for worldwide export too, so talking with them about something bespoke at a much cheaper outlay than the 2 sport boxes from Porsche .

Lastly they pointed out corrosion on suspension pipes, which after it was in for an MOT today, the tester wrongly assumed were brake pipes . System is an anti roll, naturally has a very long name PDCC, quoted a large sum to do but I think I’ll get it on axle stands and tear in about them with a wire brush & some grease ASAP. Then budget to get them done this year.

Oh, and the front end suspension bushes need a re fresh Mr. Green

At least I’m spending sweet FA on fuel just now Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #584480 19th Feb 2021 6:04pm
Mr Tee

Scotland 

Been searching for a custom exhaust fabricator, found one, went to see him, when he has a look under the car..

WTAF have you done to the exhaust.. mate i'm a big bat fastard, does it look like i'm capable of joeying an exhaust. Says he can see welding wire stuck down the pipe.. oh fook.

Turns out the previous owner had some scrote drill and insert a pipe from the silencer directly into the tail pipes. Oh my good lord, stevie wonder could have welded it better. To say I was embarrased was an understatement. Does sound good though. You can clearly see where someone has drilled a section out of the sleeved tip cover, looks like a giant chewed it off. Caveat Emptor indeed.

In other news, got her stage 1 tuned, kicking out just shy of 600brake, no throttle lag , it's mental. Managed to secure a second hand Y pipe for the induction side too which is currently in the post..

I'll get some pics of the pipework when the rain stops, it's really that bad.. Shocked

Post #595180 24th May 2021 1:48pm
CUE99T

Scotland 

Loving the updates Mr Tee....some real interesting and funny stuff!!

Quite tempted by a Panamera....my fear of the big pendulum swing bum scares me a bit tho.....thoughts? all smug in my new plug!

2021 Westminster Black D300
2013 Vogue SE - gone
Some Porsche Cayenne guff pretending to be a 4x4!!
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #595190 24th May 2021 3:10pm
Mr Tee

Scotland 

On the whole they’re pretty reliable. I’ve found a US based forum, Rennlist is by far the most active , similar degree of knowledge to here which is good. Just like full fats, they all shout about air suspension, from experience here I’m not worried about it. My suspension creaks in cold weather , it’s down to either coffin arms or sway bar end bushes, I’m away to go through the entire front end so hopefully get this resolved.
I did join Porsche club gb last year but I haven’t renewed, forum is as busy as the Mari Celeste, went on one of their zoom call regionals, what a bunch of cock sockets, even the wife said they were Censored ... I was having a shandy at the time and actually fell asleep mid call, wasn’t asked back Rolling with laughter Mr. Green Whistle

Post #595196 24th May 2021 3:46pm
Mr Tee

Scotland 

Even I could probably do better with a welder, second pic is the end looking down the tailpipe ..

Post #595217 24th May 2021 7:06pm
Merchy

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

Know what you mean about you only live once, few years back I had to change the car as it was dying and I was due back at sea. Went out on a Friday morning only telling the then SIWMBO, that I was going to look at three cars, no other info.

I returned home late afternoon, with an Ex-police car. Fully resprayed white, fully refurbished inside and mechanically excellent. Bear in mind that I had to fly out to my next ship three days later so there was no time to return said car. In and out it looked like a brand new car.

She went full mascara, and at the time she was having lifts to work as she could not drive due to back disc trouble.
So it was weeks before she finally drove it for the first time whilst I was away at sea.

Then after all the histrionics about it, she absolutely loved it. Laughing

The car I bought was a Senator 3.0 24valve, with manual box, at half the price of a civilian auto box version, it only had about 60.000 on the clock, was an ex Merseyside motorway cruiser, sump oil was a golden colour, had four brand new max speed rating tyres on it.

Turned out to be a superb buy, bloody fast, handled really well due to stiffer rear suspension and was one of the most reliable cars I have ever owned. Thumbs Up
I did test the 150MPH claims, but only in a legal manner Whistle Will always regret it's departure.

Post #595236 24th May 2021 8:44pm
Mr Tee

Scotland 

Nice one, my old man had a few , sadly never had the 24v.

Post #595241 24th May 2021 9:09pm
CUE99T

Scotland 

Now theres a car I wish I'd always had a shot of a Senator 24v! Some piece of flying machine that!!! My mate owned a Vauxhall dealership and had the Lotus Carlton at one point after he got fed up with how Porsche treated him after he sold ghis GT3 Mk1 Clubsport about 8 weeks after bying it.....and he was a long term customer too and he never went back to Glenvarigill! all smug in my new plug!

2021 Westminster Black D300
2013 Vogue SE - gone
Some Porsche Cayenne guff pretending to be a 4x4!!
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #595324 25th May 2021 5:21pm
Mr Tee

Scotland 

Update;

Just dropped car off for some nip and tuck. Been gathering parts over the last few months, found a guy I can trust who used to build race cars back in the day. Full suspension refresh on the front, new upper wishbones etc, found a discontinued y pipe kit on eBay , high flow air filter (bumper has to come off to fit), all coil packs inspected and plugs changed , suspension has been clunky for ages so it’s overdue. Should pick it up in a couple of weeks and hopefully a completely transformed ride.
Oh and he’s going to look at the spoiler , which I’ve just left up, he can 3D print so hopefully the broken mount can be fabricated without the monster cost of just throwing a new drive unit on, when there’s most wrong with it.

Post #602296 30th Jul 2021 4:05pm
Mr Tee

Scotland 

Well, it’s now in the exhaust fabricators getting a custom system made , had been waiting on the tips I wanted since February due to supply issues. He sent me a video after he removed the rear under trays. Let’s just say it was not good. I do have a video, not sure whether I can embed it in here , but the old system had a massive hole just before the silencer where the joeyed pipe was “welded”. He then tells me that it’s not that loud when the complete exhaust is off from the cats back. Shocked Really don’t want to put 200 cell cats on , but you never know . Certainly don’t want to gut them. Looking forward to collecting it on Friday hopefully.

Oh and the ride has been transformed with the suspension work. With the high flow filter and y pipe it pulls like a train. Only problem is I’m now looking at a custom pdk tune for the gearbox now ... think I have a problem Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #610684 27th Oct 2021 9:00pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 6 <123456