Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > How do u drive your ffrr??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
umitbat

A Trap 2010 Range Rover HSE TDV8 Atacama Sand

Barmybrummie wrote:
Oh dear you've started something now umitbat lol. In what started out as a genuine and rather good topic I thought, has now turned into a debate about HOW you should drive and how you MUST obey the law when driving. Laughing
Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up 2010 3.6tdv8 180k km.
sold 06 td6 160k
Sold 03 td6 260k

Post #616037 12th Dec 2021 8:42pm
umitbat

A Trap 2010 Range Rover HSE TDV8 Atacama Sand

Slow progress wrote:
Do you find that your driving style is sometimes influenced by the music you’re listening to?

Exactly!!! If the bpm is high u tend to drive quicker. 2010 3.6tdv8 180k km.
sold 06 td6 160k
Sold 03 td6 260k

Post #616038 12th Dec 2021 8:44pm
Sandyt

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Buckingham Blue

I just drive it as if it were stolen

Post #616399 14th Dec 2021 10:59pm
TDV8 Paul

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

I’ve had mine a year and a half having come out of a 535d- it took a while to adjust my driving style so I was try it to get everywhere as fast as possible and chucking it around corners- learning slowly that’s not the way to drive a FF- a hard habit to drop having owns big BMWs from day one, having said that, these do handle surprisingly well and can move when you need to, but I also am aware it’s a big and heavy car and I try to drive with some mechanical sympathy as I don’t want to be breaking stuff needlessly. 2007 TDV8 Vogue SE
2005 BMW E63 645ci
2009 5.0 SC fatty
2024 Porsche Macan

Post #616978 20th Dec 2021 10:40am
RRover

2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Causeway Grey

Owning my Westy and my first RR I feel a sense of responsibility - maybe as some have mentioned, because of the nearly three ton of beautifully crafted metal and other bits. I do drive gently and smoothly most times, but almost always take a racing line, which was seared into me during my younger years on-off the race tracks of the UK. I'd also feel embarrassed being a RR custodian and being pulled over by uncle plod - as I might go into Terminator mode, considering how plod has held the stick at (certain) peeps these last few years. I think I know I'd go red mode on them...
Yes these works of art (ffrr) seem to look best driven with care, consideration, appreciation and a thought for other road users. I give way to almost everyone, slow down for peeps to cross the road at every opportunity, so as not to give RR owners a stuck up and pompous or arrogant persona. You can see the look of thanks on peeps faces, when the Merc, BM and Robin Reliant owners are doing their best to ignore them or take them out , and that nice courteous Range Rover custodian elegantly slows and signals to let them across the road. You always get a big hearty smile, and you return the smile.
Driving the more refined and smooth way I find when reaching at a destination even 500-miles distant, you emerge from the RR relaxed and fresh and ready for whatever comes next. My uncle drives a semi-robotic Prius, like he has just come from a bank robbery, and he is constantly fuming and ranting and arrives at destination ready for a fight, on the other hand. I know what method I prefer.
Yes motorway UK is mostly the realm of careless mastodons hogging up the middle and fast lanes - clearly a character issue - whereas I know the routes through France (does anyone stop in France? Laughing ) and onto Switzerland, Italy and the Alps drivers tend to move over so instinctively and gratuitously. Reminds me of a racetrack with orange vests sometimes.
I'm surprised with all the speed bump comments that so many have not as yet located the speed bump laser cannon options in their fatty's... One blast and away you go bumps... Laughing
And why am I rambling on and on = because I'm talking about a Range Rover...
Still looking forward to owning a real original 70s classic one day though...

Very Happy

Post #616986 20th Dec 2021 11:57am
Huttopia

United Kingdom 

Fairly slowly is the real answer but not always through choice. I drive a lot of rural roads and even with a 60mph limit the new norm appears to be 42 or 43, which can be infuriating at times. However a 20 year old P38 isn’t built for speed, so wafting along suits me fine most of the time, the agony of choice between 16mpg or 12 mpg- sport mode is simply a button which increases thirst.

Post #617063 21st Dec 2021 12:06am
Vogue

United Kingdom 

Mine is permanently in Sport Mode, and I do drive rather spiritedly - I have never had an issue with DPF or oil dilution - ever. However, I flatly refused to storm speed bumps and hit potholes - I do have mechanical sympathy for vehicles and anyone who knows how suspensions work and the unnecessary grief bushes the suspension, steering links, shockers, axle, drive shafts, and air bags / springs take hitting speed bumps etc at silly speeds would understand the damage and wear that takes place. 2021 L405 Vogue SE 4.4 V8 DIESEL ~ #17

Post #617197 21st Dec 2021 11:37pm
Huttopia

United Kingdom 

Read First Overland. They went at pace (relative in an S1) over the corrugated roads and found it much smoother. If 60 year old suspension set ups could take it I’m sure a few speed bumps in a RR will be fine!

Post #617236 22nd Dec 2021 12:27pm
Bl4ckD0g

Netherlands 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Totally agree. At pace it is way more comfortable. We have a hill near us with terrible road surface. In nearly any car you get shaken about at around 40mph, but if you do the national speed limit it becomes a lot more comfortable. Yet most peoples reaction is unfortunately to slow down opposed to read the road.

Same in the army, go at speed through those fields. It’s fine. But then again we have G Wagons so we had speed opposed to the land rovers they replaced 🤣

Post #617242 22nd Dec 2021 1:16pm
wayneg

Australia 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black

I like to think of my driving style as a spirited wafter. On the often empty road here in west Oz I waft along on cruise control very very slightly above the limit. Given the opportunity for a standing start from the lights, I fully exercise the turbos until the speed limit arrives. Music is mostly loud and thumping. Off-road I favour slow and steady, don't want to break anything far from home. 2007 TDV8 VSE
2003 TD6 gone.
2002 P38a gone
1999 P38a gone
1997 p38a gone
1993 VSE gone
1992 VSE gone
1966 Series 2a with V8 conversion gone

Post #617354 23rd Dec 2021 12:19pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234