Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > Thinking about a FFRR TDV8.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
mjdronfield

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Buckingham Blue

There will be more under the plastic sill cover, but might not be too bad if you can’t see loads on the arch. Might get away with a rub down/treat/repaint rather than cutting out metal etc….

I’m no great expert, but they are getting older now and you may find more have issues there than don’t. At least you will know what it was like to begin with.

If the rest of it ticks the boxes might be an idea to use as a bargaining tool or get the sill covers off before you buy. 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 TDV8

Previous cars :
2003 Range Rover Vogue TD6
1999 Discovery Td5 ES
1995 BMW M5 3.8 6 speed
1992 Range Rover 3.9 Efi Vogue
1992 BMW M5 3.8
1988 BMW 735i SE
1989 Ford Sierra XR4x4 2.9i
1981 Ford Fiesta Supersport

Post #628391 11th Apr 2022 7:13pm
KitTheRam

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

I have a question about ‘Bournville Brown’ - how purple is it in reality?

Post #628549 13th Apr 2022 11:09am
dhallworth

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Baltic Blue

I might be wrong but I believe you can only see the purple in the sun. 2002 4.6 Vogue SE - Alveston Red with Lightstone Leather
2007 Range Rover Supercharged in Java Black with Ivory Leather
2012 Range Rover 5.0 SC Autobiography in Indus Silver with Jet/Ivory Interior
2012 Range Rover 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography in Baltic Blue with Sand Interior

Post #628551 13th Apr 2022 11:28am
KitTheRam

Took the plunge. Not the green and sand version I lusted after but an all black one with the all important clear windows, full dealer history and new turbos.

I imagine I will be posting many questions on the technical L322 section of this forum in the coming days and months…

Post #643611 22nd Sep 2022 6:21pm
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black

Nice car Thumbs Up

Post #643616 22nd Sep 2022 6:51pm
pcourtney

England 2011 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Sumatra Black

Hi Kit, how are you getting on with your FFRR after 12 months of ownership ?

I live not far from you, but I have a MY11 4.4 TDV8 in Sumatra Black ( the colour that everyone mistakes for the more common Santinori Black)

NB I actually know your house, I used to live not far away from you, but I'm now in BS Smile

Last edited by pcourtney on 2nd Nov 2023 7:19pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #676762 29th Oct 2023 1:04pm
KitTheRam

The short answer - I am so glad I scratched the itch.

The long answer - I spent a huge amount of time both debating and looking for the right car, when mine popped up near Nottingham (rare visit there for a Derby boy!) I sort of knew it was time to take the plunge. 1 owner, full dealer history, motorway miles, and a new turbo. And more importantly it had clear windows, I would have not gone to see it had it had privacy - that’s how picky I am!

I was never a triple black sort of guy but the car just looked and sat right to me - so I bought it after a test drive and a good check over. I would now happily buy the same colour combo again if I ever change it.

I also put a few grand aside in my head for the first 12 months which I’ve now spent, a noise from the suspension on full lock was a dodgy bolt in the end, had to fix the drivers inside door handle as that clicked off the wire after about a month, did a full wheel alignment, then did a full service followed by a full Bodsy make over - all the oils and remap (£1000). I think it now drives like a car with half the mileage. I also updated the sat-nav dvd to the latest version, it’s not a great sat-nav (often sends you round the houses) but has come in handy from time to time and I sometimes leave it on with no destination - so it just acts as preview for how the road bends ahead (3D mode and zoom in as close as possible).

Rust is something I am keeping an eye on, the arches and sill had a quick check by my body guy and are ok but will need doing in the future as small bubbles are visible, like many out there I suspect. The black paint has the standard scratches here and there but overall it looks great, especially when clean!
Come to think of it I also replaced a rear light with a good used original and sorted out some of the rear trims that were missing or tired. Lastly I took the TDV8 badging off as it seemed unnecessary.

As a family car (I got it two weeks before becoming a father) it’s been brilliant, we don’t travel lightly and my wife sits in the rear with the baby, so the space, comfort and heated seats have made a big difference. One absolute pain was getting the isofix to click in, took two days of trying and two people in the end. I started a thread on that if anyone is interested. Lastly the rear tailgate has been the perfect place to perform an alfresco nappy change! Honestly think it’s the best family car I could have bought.

Overall I just enjoy floating around in it, it still looks like a very expensive car, a large part of that is the leather still has a matt finish to it which makes a huge difference to the overall look of the interior, I am not a fan of an oily steering wheel put it that way!

I get about 32-34mpg on a long run and about 27-30mpg on shorter trips, but I tend to drive it with ballet shoes on as have other cars to drive with more purpose - I just enjoy how smooth it is and going slow is part of that. Saying that I like the fact when I put my foot down I can get away from crazy lorry drives etc.

I won’t bore you about me changing the number plates so they look oem and getting a window dealer sticker designed and printed as I could not find an original!

2009 pre-facelift 3.6 TDV8.

Post #676774 29th Oct 2023 2:26pm
pcourtney

England 2011 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Sumatra Black

She still looks very pleasing to the eye, and very glad you are still enjoying her Smile

Post #676809 29th Oct 2023 11:14pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234