Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > L460 Autobiography Optional Features
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
MJG

Australia 2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey
L460 Autobiography Optional Features

Hi guys,just like to ask the question if anyone has or has on order the following two optional features for the L406 AB
1} Remote Park Assist
2} Power Assisted Doors.
Here in Australia both the above options have been removed I understand due to semi-conductor shortage and not likely until mid MY23
If anyone has either or both the above item's would it be a show stopper for delaying the delivery or just a fancy piece of kit that would not be used that often.

Also what is the opinion in regards to 22" or 23" wheels.

Post #630688 5th May 2022 10:14am
Bill

United Kingdom 

Hi,
I haven’t ordered.

I understood it’s for my 23 as options.

For myself the remote park is a must have as I’m fed up squeezing into small spaces , or just letting a space go as I can’t get in and out of the car. Severe shortage of oar parking spaces in this neck of the woods.

As for chip supplies. I meant to post JLR announced they were back in stock and secured enough for this year. Then others may say wiring looms for some cars ( not sure about JLR) are made in Ukraine…… Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #630692 5th May 2022 10:51am
Eirik34

Norway 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Got a message from our dealer yesterday that "Power Assisted Doors" has been postponed to MY24. So far, we've included the "173AD Power Assisted Doors" option in our dealer spec sheet for our MY23-order, but the dealer hasn't been able to put this item into the JRL order sheet yet (obviously). If we still want to hold on to the MY23 order, we need to remove the "Power Assisted Doors" option.

In addition, I was notified that the P510AB cannot be delivered with 4 zone climate due to weight restrictions. Since we've ordered the "Hot-stone Executive Class Comfort rear seats", we think it should have 4-zone climate as well. So we either will have to switch to the P440AB version (which has 4 zone) with added "Dynamic Response Pro", or - maybe we have to wait until the BEV version arrives in 2024 (which hopefully will be able to be delivered with our wanted configuration)? First world problems...

Post #636095 5th Jul 2022 7:42am
Martin2

England 

I wouldn't want to park the car in a space too small for me to get out, unless it's between two walls, as the car alongside it likely to have its doors banged into mine.

I had remote parking on my last car (750i) and only used it twice in 2 years to extract the car from a space, but I did use it regularly to move the car backwards/forwards on the drive when washing the wheels! MY23 Panamera E-Hybrid
MY19 SDV8 Autobiography - Sold

Post #636098 5th Jul 2022 7:57am
MJG

Australia 2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

Hi guys,
It seems like the longer we wait for delivery, and I do not have a build slot as yet and not really sure that I will get one this year, I have heard rumour that MY 23 has now changed to MY 23.5 which I guess is good, however checking the standard features for the new L460 AB 510 the deployable towbar no longer exists although I understand you can have it as an option for $2,000. It is included in my MY23 build! but not in th 23.5 build.

I can live without the power assist doors and remote park assist , my concern now is what else will be removed from the standard features and probably not knowing until arrival of the vehicle.

Is the deployable towbar standard in the UK or has it become an option?

I’m starting to think I may hold on to MY19 L405 AB SDV8 as it has only 24,000km’s until the semiconductor chip shortage has been sorted

Post #636108 5th Jul 2022 10:26am
7 CDB

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV6 Loire Blue

The deployable towbar is a an option in the UK - without this we would cancel out our order as without a towbar the car would be no good to us.

@ £142k now with some nice options - these things had better bloody work 😂😂
I don’t need auto park, or silly auto doors, but will want a decent 510AB PHEV with some toys in it

Post #636109 5th Jul 2022 11:35am
Autobiography

2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Set your expectations bar very low on the ‘working’ front 7 CBD…

In my experience, nothing has changed vs L405 from a quality perspective.

Post #636144 6th Jul 2022 6:21am
7 CDB

That’s my “first world” dilemma AB she’s got a perfectly good new X5 PHEV which she loves and to be fair is a cracking car- do I really need the hassle and extra expense of the new FFRR 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Post #636147 6th Jul 2022 6:26am
Autobiography

I’d stick with the BMW.

Post #636149 6th Jul 2022 6:54am
7 CDB

😂😂 I think I we might do that - but for the moment @ least we don’t have to play the silly JLR/Dealership games 👍
With all the Censored going on in the World and what’s on its way, the last thing I’m worried about is a new Range Rover

Post #636160 6th Jul 2022 10:15am
7 CDB

Well, over a year later and just returned from a great road trip in the X5 and after seeing a few of the new Range rovers about now - how are the supply issues going ?

Have the flippers left the market for the new big thing, are these things turning out any good? Is it time to return to the fold ? Have the dealers started to get their heads out of their own arses yet 😂😂

Post #671485 18th Aug 2023 7:44pm
Autobiography

I’m going to swap into my third L460 (P615 SV) later this year. So far I haven’t lost anything.

Post #671522 19th Aug 2023 1:14pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

I have had three offered from stock over the past 6 months 2 diesel one hybrid. All at list. As soon as I say I won’t wait, one appeared.
Just worth phoning around. Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #671523 19th Aug 2023 1:15pm

United Kingdom 

If the above two posts are correct (and I am not suggesting otherwise ), it would seem that a restriction in supply and therefore a premium is being maintained for high spec V8s over other engine variants. WBAC and LR website suggests I would take a £25k hit if I were to trade my p530 AB. However there doesn’t seem to be anything on AutoTrader below list right now for V8s so the spread seems wide.

Post #671534 19th Aug 2023 3:30pm
Autobiography

Correct I think I’ve been stuck in a fortunate P530 ‘bubble’. Albeit if I wasn’t able to get an early 24MY P615 slot for the next SV, I think I’d have taken a bigger hit as the P530 SV will be ‘less desirable’ in months to come when P615 supply is more robust.

To me it would appear JLR are playing the Hermès ‘game’ of creating high desirability and restricting supply. ‘Invitation to purchase’ an SV L461 plays right into this.

Post #671571 20th Aug 2023 5:00am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>