Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > Battery drain issues with 2011 TDv8 4.4 vogue SE.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Rangeymad

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Galway Green
Battery drain issues with 2011 TDv8 4.4 vogue SE.

I've just bought my 8th Range Rover and what a car.
Its a 2011 TDV8 4.4Vogue SE in Galway Green with light cream leather interior.

My question is that all the previous cars both P38's and L322's have all had to some degree battery drain issues and wonder if this has been improved upon with this model year? I have replaced virtually all the interior lights with LED bulbs and fittings as I have been told by various owners that this is the way forward. It should prevent the battery drain issue or at least help.
It also does improve the brightness of the interior.

With winter approaching have I got to resort regularly to the trickle charger if its not being used for 2 or 3 days or should it be ok.I do relatively short journeys but use it daily and am guessing that doesn't help.

Surely if I had bought it new and paid £70.000 plus I shouldn't have to worry about whether or not it will start. Your advice please?

Post #643644 22nd Sep 2022 10:29pm
kevinp

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Santorini Black

I've just done all the interior bulbs as well to help preserve the battery a bit.
I've twice left my car at the airport for two weeks and on my return it fired up nice and strong each time. My battery is two years old.
Do you know how old your battery is?

Post #643646 22nd Sep 2022 10:46pm
DrRob

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Buckingham Blue

You'll be fine unless there is something ACTUALLY wrong with it. You won't be able to watch TV on it for a long time without engine running; that's normal Thumbs Up
Mine sits for 2 weeks no problem....
Now and again I'll give it a health boost by charging it through the 13pin electrics with my CTEK and an adaptor from the shop on here Thumbs Up
Enjoy it!
PS It has a DPF so lots of short journeys may upset it a bit. It needs a good run to clear it out. Oh, and use the second turbo regularly by accelerating above 2500rpm when warm Thumbs Up
Loads of info on here about the common issues on the 4.4 = oil cooler leaks, intake pipe splits etc. Be pro-active and look at all the known fault areas and sort them before they become an issue 2011 4.4 TDV8 Vogue SE Buckingham Blue with Ivory interior and clear glass = "Rory"
1974 Series 3 Lightweight = "Millie"
--------------------------------------------------
2012 SDV6 Range Rover Sport - gone
2012 Freelander - gone
1993 200 Tdi Range Rover Classic - gone after 14 years rolling restoration "Rangie"
Series 2A V8 Lightweight - gone
1952 80" - gone
1949 80" - still in family since 1975

Post #643660 23rd Sep 2022 8:06am
JayGee

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Orkney Grey

These late models got smarter at retaining battery power. They will shut everything down after locking and if you leave the ignition on they will shut down automatically fairly quickly below a certain threshold of voltage even with a new battery. Never had a problem with mine and regularly leave it parked for a week. Having said that if the battery is the original it's probably past it's best and they are cheap enough to replace. I assume as you are on your 8th RR you have a GAP IID tool? - if not buy one Thumbs Up 2012 TDV8 Vogue (L322)

Post #643668 23rd Sep 2022 9:01am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1