Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > New Windscreen
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Christonabike

United Kingdom 

Autoglass and my insurers have confirmed via email it’s a genuine Land Rover screen. If I go ahead with autoglass fitting it I’ll insist on seeing the screen before fitting too.

Post #642710 11th Sep 2022 8:37pm
aja500

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Aruba

Phoenix wrote:
Christonabike wrote:

It’s an OEM screen that they will be fitting. Likely only because aftermarket screens for L460 aren’t seemingly available yet however I stressed to my insurer that it must be a genuine LR supplied windscreen.

Good luck with that translating to the insurers fitters...
My advice would be to take photos of the LR dashcam fitment and insist that it is refitted as that is how you purchased the vehicle - and included in the insurance as a build / dealer pre-purchase option. How that is done and who pays for it is a discussion between your insurer, their glass replacer and probably a LR dealer. All you need to do is insist that the functionality, fit & finish is the same as when you purchased the vehicle.

So Autoglass came out this morning to fit my replacement, replacement screen but didn't have the necessary clips for the outer side strips, so we've had to reschedule!

While they were here, I asked the question about Dashcam refitting - They tell me they won't touch them now, as if it falls off and breaks, they then become liable, so apparently they're not allowed to refit them.

Post #642759 12th Sep 2022 11:55am
Christonabike

United Kingdom 

All done today, ADAS recalibrated over the air and Dashcam reattached. Brilliant service.

Interestingly enough they did have two new L460 windscreens in the branch for fitting this week so some other lucky sausage has also had an irreparable windscreen!

Post #643649 23rd Sep 2022 12:10am
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

So did your new screen come with the dashcam kit already fitted?

Post #643651 23rd Sep 2022 12:48am
Christonabike

United Kingdom 

I the autoglass chap very kindly refitted with a 3M pad I supplied.

Post #643658 23rd Sep 2022 7:40am
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Ahh, do you have details or a link maybe? I’m sure others will find themselves in a similar situation…

Craig Thumbs Up

Post #643673 23rd Sep 2022 9:31am
Christonabike

United Kingdom 

Good shout Craig,

The pad used was an 3M VHB 5952 Heavy Duty Mounting Tape Acrylic Foam Double Sided. Available at Amazon.

Autoglass, I spoke with a support team member at the Belron head office and service throughout was exceptional. Including dealing with my insurers regarding an OE windscreen.

Post #643759 23rd Sep 2022 11:04pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

aja500 wrote:

Also, bear in mind all accessories such as Dash Cams, Side Steps etc also come with the manufacturer's 3 year warranty if fitted at time of delivery, or at any time within the first 12 months of registration.

Glad your screen was sorted to your satisfaction Christonabike

Slight hi Jack

Dashcams . 3 years warranty if fitted within a year. Interesting.

However can not make my mind up about dashcams …. To have or not… I just worry they will catch me out and my dash cam will be used in evidence….. mind you I don’t go everywhere at 100 mph anymore.

Thoughts peeps.

As an aside the last time I was having my screen replaced, the fitter said his carpark was always full of range rovers.
I wonder if it could be something to do with the glass angle , it’s more upright than others ??? I guess I have new glass every two years as an average. Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #643925 25th Sep 2022 6:23pm
aja500

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Aruba

Difficult one re the Dashcam Bill.

I had one on my last car (premium brand, but not Land Rover). I wasn't sure if the subsequent electrical faults were related. The main dealer said not, but I'm not convinced.

I know what you mean about it being used against you - Again, it's a tricky one. Personally I wouldn't have one again, but then, I guess if someone pulls out in front of you, you'll be glad you had it.

Post #643953 25th Sep 2022 8:11pm
Crocs

Scotland 

Dashcam used against you? Oops, deleted it!

I got the LR one this time round. Liked the idea of Parking Mode for all the crazies out there.

Post #643956 25th Sep 2022 8:30pm
dhallworth

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Baltic Blue

That’s great that it was fitted and dealt with quickly for you!

I’ve been waiting for a windscreen for my 2012 Citroen C6 for over 4 months now. Am getting Censored off as strictly speaking I shouldn’t be using the car and it won’t pass an MOT in a couple of months time if it’s not done.

AutoGlass say they can’t even tell me where they’re trying to source it from and my insurers aren’t interested in trying to assist further.

David. 2002 4.6 Vogue SE - Alveston Red with Lightstone Leather
2007 Range Rover Supercharged in Java Black with Ivory Leather
2012 Range Rover 5.0 SC Autobiography in Indus Silver with Jet/Ivory Interior
2012 Range Rover 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography in Baltic Blue with Sand Interior

Post #643958 25th Sep 2022 9:07pm
Phoenix

United Kingdom 

Bill wrote:

As an aside the last time I was having my screen replaced, the fitter said his carpark was always full of range rovers.
I wonder if it could be something to do with the glass angle , it’s more upright than others ??? I guess I have new glass every two years as an average.

It's also higher - maybe it catches stuff that goes over the top of smaller cars?
I can't see the rake of the windscreen making any difference, if it's going to hit, it'll hit.

I used to work with a bloke that drove a bit too close, not 'sitting on the bumper' of the car in front, but maybe one to one & a half car lengths back, he was always getting screens replaced. could be coincidence or just bad luck.

Post #643959 25th Sep 2022 9:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12