Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Itch that just won't go away
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
AJGalaxy2012

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Bonatti Grey

LOL, I'm more than grateful for all of you RR jockeys that keep paying a fortune in road tax, it allows mine to be free. I'm under no illusions that they will eventually tax EV's and probably by road pricing rather than a blanket figure which I feel would be a good way to go.

The infrastructure does need to improve but it is happening fairly quickly until you come across situations like I did at Leicester Forest Services last week, 2 x double head chargers which would only allow one the heads to be used, one of the chargers broken leaving just one charging point operational. A DPD van was plugged in charging with more DPD van lined up to charge. DPD have gone over to electric vans but don't have any charging points at the depot. It didn't matter to me I have the benefit of a Range Extender, a generator under the boot floor that can charge my batteries if I need to do so. In 3 years I've used it 4 times.

In terms of pollution both in manufacture and operation they're in a completely different league to conventional vehicle, batteries included. My i3 is made with recycled materials in a factory that's purpose built powered by it's own green energy, the i3 is almost 100% recyclable.

Bucket list, you do what you have to do, I'm working down mine for sure, some interesting items ahead LOL BMW i3 Electric Car
2012 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8 (now gone)
2006 VW Touareg 3.0 TDi V6

Post #638331 31st Jul 2022 12:26pm
Ffrr-lover

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Santorini Black

I’m late to the party here, but want to chime in saying go for it!

I had a Jaguar XF-RS with the 5.0 SC engine and loved everything about it. The engine really is wonderful as many have stated. Mine had to go due to the unplanned addition to the family (two teens and a baby seat just don’t fit in the back) and I do miss that car.

If you can afford it, and go in eyes open with fuel costs… then scratch that itch.

I’m with you in wishing I went for the SC again. The tdv8 is a cracking engine, but “need” the SC Laughing

Unfortunately I’m not in a position to swap… but that doesn’t stop me looking!

Good luck and keep us posted Thumbs Up Currently driving: 2012 L322 SE Overfinch 4.4 tdv8

Past rides:
2014 Audi Q7 3.0d (good riddance)
2010 L322 Autobiography 5.0 Supercharged
2011 L320 HSE 3.0 sdv6
2014 Jaguar XF-RS 5.0 supercharged
2007 BMW 535D
2005 Mini Cooper S

https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic59478.html

Post #640410 21st Aug 2022 6:02pm
Barmybrummie

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Santorini Black

Ah ffrr lover, i hope your "accident" doesn't ever read this or you will be in trouble Laughing

But seriously, i can feel the itch all the time, even more so that my mate had a 4.2sc rrs and he took me out in it.
But like you say the 3.6 is a cracking engine and bloody fast when you knock it down 2 gears to get past a load of slow moving motorhomes in front of you up here. Gosh it's the first time I've actually made the engine roar and i was past the convoy in no time, although it did turn a few heads with the roar.
But petrol, i like petrol and i like superchargers and i like noise i like the roar. Probably not the car to use though when you are sightseeing all over the Highlands. I've only used 2 tanks of diesel so far from leaving home and will need to fill up again today at some point. If that was the 5.0sc I'd probably be on my 4th tank now, but then i really don't care about that. I shall wait for the right one for me to come along.

Post #640587 23rd Aug 2022 10:26am
Barmybrummie

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Santorini Black

So I'm thinking I'm actually going to scratch this annoying itch and get me a supercharged. I've seen this one I'm rather drawn to and somewhat rather tempted indeed.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175486965096?mk...media=COPY

Now the other thing is what price do I sell my current overfinch for considering the amount I've spent on it during my ownership and I'm sure it won't need anything major doing to it for a fair number of years. I would put it for sale on here first and see how that would go. Chatting to a few people they reckon is easily sell it for 11k-12k but can't see that myself.

Post #654460 23rd Jan 2023 3:07pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12