Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L405) > Sunroof drain breakage problems
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
manxaircrest

Isle Of Man 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Nara Bronze
Sunroof drain breakage problems

Ok ... in middle of a roof drain incident where one of the drains has rusted broken and allowed water in to wreck a 2k+ amplifier that's positioned under the passenger seat ... this seems to be a common problem and is quite widely reported on thd net (dangerous place) the local dealer has it now and is running up a considerable bill (no doubt) to fix it which by all accounts thd leak is fixed ... but I'm now searching for another amp ... my question is that although my dealer is rightly saying "its a nine year old car" land rover won't be interested ?? I'm thinking it's a 120k 9 year old premium luxury Suv (I havd the original receipt) and maybe they should be ? After all if this isn't design fault I don't know what is .?? I mean ard all the new ones like ticking bombs ... I'll bet they're modified now ? Thoughts / views / ideas would be welcome ...

Post #645444 12th Oct 2022 1:51pm
Andy S

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Aintree Green

Very annoying. Presume you have no warranty? If so you can try LR customer services, but they will want evidence of full MD service history etc and they might consider a contribution, but it remains a 9 year old car so they might well argue its outside what might be reasonable for them to fix. Also helps I’d guess if you can show loyalty to the brand - i.e have owned a few LR products and never had a similar issue. I wish you luck, but fear you may end up having to pay up.

Post #645455 12th Oct 2022 5:52pm
Broadoakboy

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

I had this exact same issue, happy to talk you through my (mostly negative) experience. LR were a closed shop when it came to goodwill.

Post #645811 17th Oct 2022 1:53pm
xjrsupercharger

United Kingdom 

I've had exactly the same issue. I've now fixed the leak but need to repair the amplifier which is £1200 new and £400-600 from a dismantler. However, I have found this company who do repairs for £250: https://motortronics.co.uk

Its definitely a design fault or poor quality materials. Can't believe something so small and cheap can cause so much havoc / damage without any warning on a well maintained vehicle.

Does anyone know if the design has been modified on later cars? Mine is 2015 2015 L405 SDV8 Autobiography
ex 2008 RR Vogue TDV8
ex 2001 RR P38 4.6 Vogue
ex RR Classic

Post #658367 3rd Mar 2023 6:06pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1