Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Do I, or don't I?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Ennoch

caymanblack wrote:
Ennoch, that car has been advertised since last May, surely there is a deal to be done???

I knew it had been up a while, but I didn't realise it was that long! I knew it was longer than he said (December) as when I started mulling the idea of another L322 again back at the start of November it was on the sites even then. That and the photos being taken with full leaves on the trees was another give away. I did a quick £3 check last night to see when the v5 was last changed and it was 26th Feb last year, with the MOT expiring in December. On that basis to me there's a risk with it having been sat around for so long, it's probably closer to a £12k car than £15k, and it's certainly not the £18k he's got on the old window print out. And he had the cheek to say that with the white leather in my car it might be a hard sell Laughing

Post #661106 5th Apr 2023 10:16am
caymanblack

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

LOL, dealers arh. On Autotrader click the webpage top bar and you will see when the car was put on.

Good spec your car the light leather is best imo. Thumbs Up overfinch modified

Post #661107 5th Apr 2023 10:19am
Ennoch

Where's that? I can't seem to find it on either the mobile or web pages. I think knowing that, and knowing he could make good money on mine, I'd be looking for the £6k I originally mooted to him as a high point and even then that feels like he'd be getting a good deal. 12 months on stock is a long time for a small dealer...

My car's a lovely spec, and I'm not just saying that, I just wish it had about another 4" ground clearance and some bigger sidewalls Laughing It's amazing how low spec most of the 335d estates were, very few had electric seats, proper sat nav, or the big brakes. Mine has it all including the HUD and pano roof along with the really nice white merino leather. I'm loath to get rid of it which is why I'm doing so much thought about the car, but on the flip side because the interior is mint and I keep my cars nice I rarely give anyone lifts as outdoorsy people basically don't care about cars, and the Estoril paintwork's mint which means I'm always nervous about parking it in public spots.

Post #661108 5th Apr 2023 10:47am
Ennoch

I found the bit in the address bar, thanks for that heads up, I'd not spotted it before. All I'll say is wow, there are a lot of cars that have been up for a long time. It would be interesting to see how the price of them has changed over time, but to me it says that a lot of stuff is very overpriced and if you pay anywhere close to what some of these retailers are after then you're going to lose your dick in it when you come to sell unless you keep for 5-10 years and the reality is with these cars, very few will make it another ten years. I mean this car near to me should probably be 11-12k, max, because even the cars at that price with slightly higher miles have been up for a long time in the main although perhaps not quite as long as this!

Post #661127 5th Apr 2023 4:11pm
Dolphinboy

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

There's a guy called mark Eatons selling FFRRs on Facebook near Derby (Belper) (He has been for a while I think) I had no connection to him but he currently has a few that look good and c. £12-14k.

you have to join the group 'L322 Range Rover Cars, Parts & Tools For Sale UK, Ireland, Channel Islands'

may be worth a look for comparison?

Ps go for a 4.4L TDV8 if you can.

Post #661160 5th Apr 2023 11:40pm
JayGee

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Orkney Grey

Best advice I had came from Matt at High Peak Auto's - "Buy the car you want and if it goes wrong get it fixed".
If you have any worries you are paying too much, stretching your self financially with regards to a contingency fund or think you can get lucky and have a low cost ownership experience by making a perfect choice then don't buy an old L322. 2012 TDV8 Vogue (L322)

Post #661166 6th Apr 2023 7:55am
Ennoch

@Dolphinboy, yep, it's the 4.4 TDV8 I'm after unless I come across a 3.6 at a price that's too good to ignore. I had seen some of Eatons ones but again, they're all high mileage. I know this isn't the be all and end all, but if I'm going to put 50k on it in three years that takes it to a 170-180k car which is basically worthless, despite what some people seem to be attempting to sell them for. Keep it another year and it's a 200k car and you're basically committed to keeping it until it's scrap. Which is fine, and I'm not against that approach, but you need to be getting it for the right price and IMO paying £13-14k for a 120k mile, 12 year old car in the current climate is mental. It's not that I can't afford it, I can, it's just that I'm not about to pay over the odds for what is essentially a very niche car. When cheap credit was more freely available I can see how the prices were supported, but now that people are tightening their belts, these are essentially old, arthritic cars which are heavy on fuel, high on tax and expensive on both random repairs and preventative maintenance. That so many have been advertised for 6 months plus says it all to me. I'm in no rush to change, I have a nice car here and while it's perhaps not quite as practical as it could be, it's still a nice place to sit, and now that more of my journeys are in daylight it's a lot easier to miss the potholes. The alternative is I hold off for a bit, buy an old clunky £2k pickup, and then see where everything's at in a couple of years when I'll be in a different location (hopefully), in which case my car needs are likely to be different anyway.

@Jaygee. Yep, that line from Matt is very apt. The first statement about paying too much is definitely the one I'm mindful of most. The second is fine, parts aren't desperately expensive for these and they're easy enough to work on, and in any case the spare cash from the BMW will just be stuck into the savings anyway, and as to the third...well, I'm definitely not that naive Laughing My original TD6 had had three boxes, the very early TDV8 I had had already had replacement turbos and a full set of airbags etc, and basically JLR has proven itself to be completely unable to make a truly reliable car since it came into being (but then no high end car is reliable in the way a Toyota Yaris will be). That said I'd rather have an easy to work on less reliable car than one middling but frustrating (of course easy to work on and utterly reliable is the holy grail!).

I'm not that bothered about a Scottish car but I'm also keen to avoid lots of needless travelling as I simply don't have the time at the moment. There's a nice looking private sale Westminster over on the west but it's near the coast and is something like £17k which is mental. Most of the other Scottish stuff all has stupid Khan body kits etc which just don't appeal. I know I don't have an off roader at the moment but I've always found that when I do have them, I really do use them, so bodykits really don't appeal even if the Autobiography design pack in black does look rather nice.

Post #661215 6th Apr 2023 1:52pm
kevinp

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Santorini Black

Blimey Ennoch, are you sure you want another Range Rover? Rolling with laughter

Post #661305 7th Apr 2023 10:43am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12