Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Dealer ruined my MOST system by updating software
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
knares

Australia 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

thanks for your reply
from previous posts, i thought i had it on my 2005, built 2004 and that it finished in about 2006,
so what system has my car got i wonder RR 2005 4.4 petrol
Any spelling mistakes are the fault of spellchecker
Previous MG J2, CITROEN light 15 x 2 gone unfortunately
Present MERC 180e, RANGE ROVER L322, JAGUAR XJS, MERC 280SE, MG F, JAGUAR S-Type 6v 2003, jaguar s-type 8v 2004, Ford Cougar

Post #662073 17th Apr 2023 1:34am
begg

Australia 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black

Update.
Still no sound.
Learning a few things as I go.
Bought new fibre optic cables to make sure I have a good circuit.
Still had troubles with the display. It has a bright white screen and the "MOST" error message.
I tried the DVD with the Denso screen reboot however that can will only rectify the screen that has the "CAN" error message.
If I had a Nanocom Land Rover diagnostics tool I could repair the screen as the developers have created a repair file. I haven’t got a Nanocom(I think that's the name from memory)and can not justify the purchase price.
So I purchased an Android 10 head unit and everything works well, except no sound.
All the steering wheel functions works and great navigation maps including Wayz. Love it.
Has it's own radio tuner.
Hooks up to he MOST system with it's own red light so eliminates the Body Control Module from the my fault finding.
So to make things simple I have bypassed, CD, DVD, TV, radio, blue tooth module.

In summary it is the new head unit down to the brand new dealer supplied amp via brand new MOST cables with a good circuit and nice bright red light.
No sound!

I'm running out of ideas apart from ditching the amp and installing a new amp and speakers to my Android head unit.

I have noticed this plug and active 12 volt supply floating around in the rear compartment with the amp, tuners, etc.
Any ideas brains trust!?

Michael
Photos to follow.

Post #668176 2nd Jul 2023 11:51pm
begg

Click image to enlarge

These are the mystery connections in the rear left of the car near the amp, dvd, tuners, etc
Can anyone identify what they are supposed to connect to?
Thank you.
Click image to enlarge

Post #668178 3rd Jul 2023 1:38am
GrunterNI

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

I searched the interweb for days trying to discover if there is a straightforward way to swap the fitted system for an android head unit but it would seem that there isn't.

One of the posts I came across detailed how another owner completely removed all of the MOST system components and fitted an android system but, like you, he had no sound. This, it transpired, was down to the onboard amplifier which wouldn't work with the modern head unit so he had to cut and splice all of the speaker wires so that they ran from the new head unit with its onboard amp direct to the speakers.

After that it worked as it should but it was days of cutting, splicing and soldering to get it there.

Hope this helps Current collection :

2007 Vogue TDV8 Stornoway grey, black on black
1982 JCB Sitemaster (resto)
1970 MGB
BMW R1200GS

Post #668732 9th Jul 2023 12:07pm
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

When I did the original Android unit to early 322 10 years ago ( Shocked ) I bypassed the amp, I know the MOST system is different but it was an easy and quick job to cut the speaker wires from the amp plug and connect them directly to the Android head unit and I don't think the later setup is too different... the biggest job was getting the loom from the head unit to the boot side panel but it's not a hard job and I guess you have to do that anyway for the MOST system....

The Android internal amp fed 4ohm circuits so you can connect at least two of the Rangie 8ohm speakers to each one...

Maybe the cheapest way to move forward..... Thumbs Up

Some pictures missing but it might help.....

https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic29219.html Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #668736 9th Jul 2023 12:40pm
begg

Thank you GrunterNI and Haylands.
Cut the dash centre speaker wire and put into the appropriate pins on the android head unit and viola noise. I was mesmerised for a few seconds and then realised this is now an east fix.
It has taken a lot to find out which cables I need to buy.
Two options from here.

1. Yes hooking up the speakers directly to android head unit by running wires down to speaker wires at the rear.

2. Getting an aftermarket 6 channel amp and hooking it directly to the speaker wires at the rear. This would be connected to the android head unit at the front via 3 pairs of RCA cables.

Both quite simple now that I have made the decision.

FOR SALE
Two HK Logic & amps (one new) and all the other heavy hardware in the rear left of the car!
Thanks
Michael

Post #668770 9th Jul 2023 10:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12