Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Dealership & Service Feedback > MDRS Autos
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Furnitureman

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 V8 Cairns Blue
MDRS Autos

So very long story cut short MDRS Autos collected my car mid November due to supply issues I got it back earlyFeb the inside was filthy and they had re fixed the front tow cover with silver tech screws 😡 drove less than half a mile and POP it spat one of its injectors out as they had snapped the bolts holding them in 😡 so back it went with a promise that it would be turned around in 24/48 hours 😂 it took them nearly 5 weeks to return my car, they promised to go through there work check everything and do a 40 mile test run, 😂😂

I got the car last week it had been cleaned inside, the teck screws replaced and it sounded v nice but it was delivered late at night so on inspection the next day I found they had damaged the paint on the rear wheel ( took pictures all around on the day the car was collected) they had broken the clips on the front grill as it was flapping and the had damaged my wing mirror which was now loose 🙄 I also noticed as I had taken the pillage from when they collected it the second time that they had done 0 miles to check there work 😡

As you can imagine I was t happy so tried to contact them no reply to any emails they will not send me a vat receipt for the £6k I paid or a breakdown of all the extras that took it from £4.5k to the £6k

I took the car on a long trip yesterday the oil light stays on for a few seconds when started then goes away this never happened and on idle you can just feel the engine hunt which again never happened so yesterday after a run and today after a run I plugged my gap tool in and got the following faults, there’s no way I’m sending it back to these cowboys any advice on how to proceed and do these look like simple fixes like unconnected plugs

Any help is gratefully receive

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 TDV8
2006 Discovery 3 HSE 260k miles and still going strong with a new owner

Post #687936 13th Mar 2024 8:16am
4RRS

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

Looks to me as the drivers side glow plug wiring has not been reconnected at the multiplug on top of the inlet manifold or all 4 glowplugs have not been connected back up, more likely the multiplug though in my opinion.

P2693-00 - Cylinder 8 Injector Data Incompatible no sub type information
Injector calibration data held in the Engine Control Module (ECM) is different to that read from the injector
Injector calibration data not stored / programmed
Using the manufacturer approved diagnostic system reprogram the injector codes

P2693-51 Cylinder 8 Injector Data Incompatible - Not programmed
Injector calibration data held in the Engine Control Module (ECM) is different to that read from the injector
Injector calibration data not stored / programmed
Using the manufacturer approved diagnostic system reprogram the injector codes

Looks like they have replaced Injector no.8 (passenger side rear-most injector) and not coded it. You'll need to get the code off the side of the injector and update the value for injector 8 in the ECM.

What was the repair they carried out? L405 SV Autobiography LWB SDV8, finished in Aston Martin China Grey by ETO division.

Post #687959 13th Mar 2024 10:32am
Furnitureman

Hi thanks for the reply I’ve sorted the glow plugs they were not connected 🙄 no it went in for broken cam chain then it needed new cams on the drivers side the passenger side wasn’t touched and they shouldn’t have touched any of the injectors that side from my knowledge so it shouldn’t have had an injector replaced but who knows as I haven’t had a full breakdown of works or a vat receipt 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 TDV8

Post #687962 13th Mar 2024 11:00am
4RRS

They don't seem to have done a very good job!! I think you're bill is a bit steep for a chain, hopefully guides and cams, I just rebuilt my complete engine with all genuine parts and came out much the same as yours!

In your first post you said an injector came out, which bank was that?

From my rebuild invoice I can see that a drivers side chain was LR022848 Chain - Timing RH £84.73, however I know cams are about £680 each, so that would bump the bill up.

It's a legal requirement for a VAT registered busines to supply a VAT invoice when requested, mention you'll drop HMRC a line, that may help!

Here's the list of everything I changed, L405, but same engine.

https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic68615-15.html (page 2 bottom). L405 SV Autobiography LWB SDV8, finished in Aston Martin China Grey by ETO division.

Post #687966 13th Mar 2024 11:15am
kevinp

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Santorini Black

When you look at their facebook page they seem to turn things round very quickly and perform miracles!
Who can you trust nowadays?
Hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction.

Post #687968 13th Mar 2024 11:22am
Furnitureman

Well a little update we had a low coolant warning today then when I got home there was a drip of coolant from the chassis rail, looks like it’s coming down from the back of the engine but decided to take the sump trays off, half the nuts were missing then when I dropped the sump there were six Tray bolts in there ffs 🤦 a few broken bolts as well, no coolant from the front but oil down the side either from power steering or turbo but the best bit they hadn’t even put the four front sump bolts in 😳

Then when I was routing around I found this little beauty

I’m sure that would have done a load of damage if it had got near the belts

All in all just more proof that they are cowboys 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 TDV8

Post #688978 25th Mar 2024 9:04pm
dhallworth

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Baltic Blue

Did you pay by credit card for the works done? If so, begin the process of a section 75 chargeback as the work they’ve done obviously isn’t fit for purpose.

David. 2002 4.6 Vogue SE - Alveston Red with Lightstone Leather
2007 Range Rover Supercharged in Java Black with Ivory Leather
2012 Range Rover 5.0 SC Autobiography in Indus Silver with Jet/Ivory Interior
2012 Range Rover 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography in Baltic Blue with Sand Interior

Post #688984 25th Mar 2024 9:45pm
Furnitureman

That’s what we’re looking at doing I’ve asked for vat receipts a breakdown of works done and proof of the cams fitted and new cam chains but nothing the list of things they haven’t done is growing, not sure how to start the process but I’m going to get all the evidence dates etc just to back it all up 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 TDV8

Post #688988 25th Mar 2024 9:49pm
4RRS

I'd check for oil leaks around the oil pump to sump mating surfaces as to replace a chain they would need to remove the oil pump, which should be done by firstly removing the sump. If they've cut a few corners and left the sump on, then the sump gasket won't have been changed, and as the oil pump mates to the sump gasket its quite likely the gasket has been compromised.

Are the 4 bolts they didn't reinstall across the front of the sump? if so these are the ones that bolt into the oil pump. The sump removal is a big job as the front diff needs to be removed along with a half shaft.

As for the coolant leak, have you looked into the v of the engine to see if coolant is pooling there and then being blown to the back of the engine?

They sound like a real shower of s**t L405 SV Autobiography LWB SDV8, finished in Aston Martin China Grey by ETO division.

Post #688993 25th Mar 2024 10:33pm
Furnitureman

They were meant to replace the oil pump as part of the job, but didn’t there is a thin film of oil on the front of the engine but I can’t see where it’s coming from, any ideas what length bolts are required for the sump or at least a part no so I can order some I’m meant to be going to north wales on Wednesday ffs for the week 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 TDV8

Post #688994 25th Mar 2024 10:44pm
4RRS

Think you need M8 X 25mm,Screw Oil Pan, diagram callout HS2, part no. 4540794 @ £1.21 each.

Please confirm on the diagram linked : -

(This is for the L405 4.4SDV8, but identical engine)

https://store.landrover.com/parts/index/pa...and-rover/ L405 SV Autobiography LWB SDV8, finished in Aston Martin China Grey by ETO division.

Post #688997 25th Mar 2024 11:00pm
Furnitureman

Hi 4RRS yes there the ones thank you I’ll see if my dealers have them now to trace the coolant leak at the back drivers side of the engine 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 TDV8

Post #689011 26th Mar 2024 6:36am
caymanblack

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

What a bunch of cowboys who need to be avoided. Censored overfinch modified

Post #689025 26th Mar 2024 11:03am
Rokbe

Andorra 

MDRS. Where to start

They were recently raided by the police on suspicion of stolen parts. There was a van load of parts taken away, which were confirmed to be from various stolen cars: https://www.durham.police.uk/News/News-Art...hefts.aspx

MDRS Automotive LTD was dissolved from Companies House in June 2023: https://find-and-update.company-informatio...y/13160717

Michael Robins, the "director" of said business is actually a builder, who was arrested and fined for cultivating cannabis plants at 2 addresses in 2014, and ordered to pay over £25k under proceeds of crime

David Soulsby, the actual man behind the business, has been previously jailed for 2 years (and subsequently prevented from being a director of any company for 12 years) for using counterfeit money AND defrauding finance companies. He was also a director at the time, of:
EW MOTORS SERVICES LIMITED
PART WORN TYRES WHOLESALE

His wife was given a suspended sentence, after trying to fraudulently obtain a £79,000 VAT refund and admitted fraudulently obtaining a debt ‘factoring’ agreement

They were both ordered to pay back just £5 each due to "financial difficulties"

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/137...ck-just-5/

They sound like a lovely bunch to deal with

Post #689300 29th Mar 2024 8:34am
Furnitureman

Wish I’d have found this out earlier they are a bunch of cowboys time to talk to the card issuers to get my money back the more I work on the car the more damage I find 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 TDV8

Post #689562 1st Apr 2024 10:51am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1