Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > po40d-00 2b new owner
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
miketrike

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover SE TDV8 Baltic Blue
po40d-00 2b new owner

Im searching for location of exhaust gas reciculation sensor A circiut high (2B)
so i treated myself to gapiid bt and this is code that pops up o40d-00{2b} the car does sometimes show lots of dash lights but after clearing with gap just two remain ..the one above and C0036-38 which im also sorting.. im loving the vehicle ive had many range rovers over the years but was really surprised by performance of tdv8 ..originally i had blocked dpf which gap cleared with forced regen and 20 miles of driving alls good.. so just the last two faults to fix..im x lex tillotson mechanic so know my way round diesels{older mechanical pumps and injectors } but all these sensors and can bus very difficult getting my head round...i tried searching po40d 2b but to no avail ..keeps going to same code but 2f im after sensor 2b ..anyway hello to all from the blackcountry mike trike
yes i make trikes.pm for pics
I cannot relpy to responders to this post ... the links sent refer to po40-00 (2f) my fault code is po40-00 (2B) im assuming with different numbers itll be different sensor ..??
..tried replying to individuals but not posted three times so maybe this will do it,,

So more info...the p040-00 2b is actually p040-00 2f located on left side exhaust manifold under glow plugs see GARYRR for description of location and removal AND REFIT OF THIS SENSOR

Last edited by miketrike on 4th Apr 2024 6:36pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #688890 24th Mar 2024 4:29pm
L3FF

United Kingdom 

See garyRR's response ('Thankfully many problems on the 4.4 TDV8 tend to be the same ones'): https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/post637247.html

Re: P040D-00 see:

2019, P040D-00 (2F) EGR temperature sensor replacement: https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic50202.html

2023, How To: P040D-00 - Replacing the Exhaust Temp Sensor 4.4TDV8: https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic67357.html

Post #688926 25th Mar 2024 8:44am
Ramblin Man

England 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Buckingham Blue

For information; I had my Indy replace the lower exhaust gas temp sensor last time it was in for another job as I was getting the P040D error ( I think mine was the 2f error sub code ). Any how this is the lower sensor near the DPF which @GaryRR has written the “How to” about changing.

I use Glenrands in Liphook. They have done lots of these over the years. The other work was scheduled to take a few days for various logistical reasons and they told me afterwards that this was a good thing as these sensors are known for corroding onto the exhaust and can easily sheer off during removal. They use a technique of 1/4 turn every once in a while, I think I recall they said in alternating directions, until the sensor is free enough to remove without undue force. This process took several days so I got the impression it was more than an hour between attempts.

Anyhow it come out cleanly in the end and was replaced with a new OEM one. I was glad as the car is definitely running more efficiently since replacement.

So, allow time if you do the job yourself as a sheered off sensor requires drilling out which I think means removing the exhaust manifold on that side. Also, stock up on penetrating oil before you start ! TDV8 4.4 2012

Post #689000 25th Mar 2024 11:14pm
miketrike

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover SE TDV8 Baltic Blue

hello ..thanks for reply... but im still not sure which sensor my code refers to...any idea where this 2b sensor locates,, fyi my tdv8 4.4 runs great but throws up this code po40-002b also throws up wheetone wheel left rear..i clear them with gap tool ..and they return at some later point but now immediately..car says no faults ...lights on dash and then these two codes....oh another question if you dont mind..how to search wiki workshop manuals ...any idea ? thanks mike

Post #689035 26th Mar 2024 1:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1