Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L405) > Wiring into modules for retrofitting.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
sconnell80

United States 2016 Range Rover 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey
Wiring into modules for retrofitting.

So for a while I’ve been trying to retrofit a few things on my 16 L405. Recently was able to get LDW and TSR done. I held up on doing the ACC radar sensor in the front bumper as I found the wiring is not there. Well I’m too stubborn for that to stop me so I’m trying to source the wire harness and some pigtail. I have the wiring diagrams that are in the Wiki here but may need help finding where the module is for the can bus wires. If anyone has any better wiring diagrams or module locations that would help me narrow down where I should be looking that would be great! Thanks

Post #684999 7th Feb 2024 9:05pm
4RRS

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

Here you go, I got these from the Interactive wiring diagrams, seems easy enough, biggest problem is the connector for the radar sensor isn't available as a serviceable item (so you could make an overlay loom) as it comes as part of the L/H/S engine loom. Besides that it's a feed from the rear junction box and IGN feed from the gateway module. A specific length ground wire and HS canbus from the ECM but could be tapped from the ABS module (as it's closer).

Hope it helps!

https://www.fullfatrr.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=4568 L405 SV Autobiography LWB SDV8, finished in Aston Martin China Grey by ETO division.

Post #685029 8th Feb 2024 12:20am
sconnell80

This great actually thank you! I kinda had an idea of what needed to be done from the wiki wiring diagrams but was curious where to tap the canbus wires into. I’ve already had to do some of my own wiring as for some reason my 2016 wasn’t wired for anything then what it came with from the factory. Wiring is no biggie to me as long as I can find places to splice into. Now to just find the radar harness pigtail so I can get started.

Post #685031 8th Feb 2024 12:34am
4RRS

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

Seems crazy that the speed control module connector isn't a serviceable item as considering it's mounted in the crash bar it stands a good chance of damage in a frontal collision. At least you can order the pins for repinning the connectors at the gwm etc, probably not cheap for what they are but less hassle!

If you need anything else, just shout!

Mike L405 SV Autobiography LWB SDV8, finished in Aston Martin China Grey by ETO division.

Post #685033 8th Feb 2024 12:43am
sconnell80

From what I understand if the harness gets damaged most places source used parts and buy harness pigtails instead of buying the whole left side engine wire harness as they are not cheap and labor intense plus they need to be ordered for what the vehicle has so they often don’t end up being the right harness. For the most part it seems just running the wires to the designated locations will take the longest part of the job.

Post #685035 8th Feb 2024 12:55am
sconnell80

4RRS wrote:
Here you go, I got these from the Interactive wiring diagrams, seems easy enough, biggest problem is the connector for the radar sensor isn't available as a serviceable item (so you could make an overlay loom) as it comes as part of the L/H/S engine loom. Besides that it's a feed from the rear junction box and IGN feed from the gateway module. A specific length ground wire and HS canbus from the ECM but could be tapped from the ABS module (as it's closer).

Hope it helps!

https://www.fullfatrr.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=4568

So looking over the diagrams it looks like it would be easier to tap the HS Can bus wires off the ABS module, the gateway for ignition source being in engine compartment no issues there. As for the battery wire instead of running all the way to the rear junction couldn’t I tap into a 12v source in the gateway or even the positive jump lead under the hood? Trying to minimize the harness I make and keep it clean looking.

Post #685302 10th Feb 2024 11:08pm
sconnell80

Well front ACC radar is in and working great. So I was able to do both retrofits when it looked like I wasn’t gonna be able to. Had to wire in the front radar sensor but was fairly easy and not elaborate. Thanks for all the help from the forums and Patrick from Gap to be able to do this.

Post #686847 1st Mar 2024 12:03am
goals

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Aruba
Re: Wiring into modules for retrofitting.

sconnell80 wrote:
So for a while I’ve been trying to retrofit a few things on my 16 L405. Recently was able to get LDW and TSR done. I held up on doing the ACC radar sensor in the front bumper as I found the wiring is not there. Well I’m too stubborn for that to stop me so I’m trying to source the wire harness and some pigtail. I have the wiring diagrams that are in the Wiki here but may need help finding where the module is for the can bus wires. If anyone has any better wiring diagrams or module locations that would help me narrow down where I should be looking that would be great! Thanks

How did you sort them out please

Post #690101 6th Apr 2024 4:57pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1