Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Help! Fuel inject system error!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Dee84

2002 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

Good Morning Mikeyjd

Sorry for not replying sooner and you may well have already found the answers you are looking for but what I noticed was that the gear shift was very notchy and rough, also, whilst pulling away with some power (about three quarters of the pedal pushed) it would really jump into 2nd gear.

Are you getting any juddering of some sort? I found that whilst cruising at about 40-45 mph at 1500 rpm, there was a noticable judder which could be felt under your feet.

I initially thought the box was slipping but apparently what feels like slipping is normal because the torque converter has a lock up mechanism which actually loosens off under load as the vehicle is so heavy and then catches up with the engine revs once they meet in the middle so to speak.

Let me know anyway, hopefully it's ok.

Just an update on my fuel issue as well.

I replaced the fuel filter and all was on for a few weeks as you can see I haven't posted for a while. Anyway, today, she only went and cut out again whilst driving. Same error message, same symptoms. I just dont get it but I am sure that there is air getting into the system. It looks as though the fuel is being pumped ok though so I really dont know. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

I'll keep updating.

Post #113769 19th Mar 2012 10:01am
47p2

Scotland 

You need to check the fuel has enough pressure from the pump to push through the pipes

Post #113771 19th Mar 2012 10:07am
Dee84

2002 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

Good Morning 47p2

I'm going to have a look a bit later when I finish work early!

Just to mention that when this happened the first time round a few weeks ago, I disconnected the pipe going into the fuel filter and turned the ignition on and the fuel came pouring out just like a tap being switched on so I gathered at that point that the fuel pressure was ok. I changed the filter and a few jubilee clips on the pipes and the car was running sweet for a few weeks with no problems until this morning but I will check again and see.

Gonna have to flog it once it's fixed though unfortunately.

Thanks for your sound advice too mate!

Post #113773 19th Mar 2012 10:18am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12