Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic > An apology to all my full fat brothers ...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
TheAllSeeingPie

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged Supercharged Java Black
An apology to all my full fat brothers ...

It was nice and sunny when I left the office in Sheffield today, so I decided to take a nice meandering route home to see if there was a more interesting route through the city. I got a bit lost and had to revert to the sat nav to get to the M1 and ended up being in the wrong lane.

So as anyone sensible would do indicated and tried to find a gap in the queue of traffic to my left. Fortunately there was a nice gap about the size of two ffrr's! So as I pull across the owner of a tiny little fiesta decides that she would "close the gap" (or in less civil terms: be a c**t).

Since simple physics dictates that I wasn't in any danger, and because I was nearing he lights I just kept pulling over and unfortunately she had to use her brake pedal. Fortune favoured me and the lane I needed was a filter on the side of her lane so I could pull out of her angry way.

This was not he end though, as the lights turned red and she pulled up next to me and subjected me to a tirade of abuse before I could say something like "I'm sorry, I'm a bit lost, there was space if you hadn't gone mental". As this abuse reached its peak (it was mainly: w****r this and w****r that), her passenger said "just because you're in a big black range rover you think you can do anything you like?".

At this point my reaction is what I need to apologise for as the lights turned green so I just said "yes" and floored it! 
07 Supercharged - Still breaking her in!

Boot soundproofing part 1 - http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic15612.html
Custom exhaust - http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic15296.html
18" wheels for Brembo equipped cars - http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic15052.html

Post #121967 15th May 2012 9:03pm
mzplcg

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

Sigh, yes it does become rather tiresome when the underlings in their inferior modes of transportation get ideas above their station. Jolly good show for returning the little guttersnipe to her rightful place, being servile that is. Thumbs Up

Post #121972 15th May 2012 9:10pm
simonmanx

Isle Of Man 2005 Range Rover Vogue SE Td6 Java Black

Thumbs Up Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #121973 15th May 2012 9:11pm
Googsy

Ireland 2008 Range Rover HSE TDV8 Java Black

Laughing Thumbs Up Present :2008 TDV8 HSE
Gone Audi A5 2.7TDI
Gone Discovery 3 HSE
Gone Mercedes CLK
Gone Range Rover 2.5 DSE

Post #121974 15th May 2012 9:11pm
JOKER

Scotland 

Could be worse i chased after some prick in an Audi a3 wee bastard cut the nose right off me and caused all sorts of road Censored to fly up on my passenger side ….

Chased after him like a man possessed along the M8 darting in and out of traffic finally caught up with the wee prick and honked the horn and pointed for him to pull off the motorway but he never took me up on my offer ….

Into the bargain the wife was bricking it coz when the red mist took over i forgot about her being in the passenger seat ... Embarassed Laughing Laughing

Post #121975 15th May 2012 9:13pm
mjdronfield

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Buckingham Blue

I like to have a Fiesta in front of me in case I hit anything .........

Laughing 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 TDV8

Previous cars :
2003 Range Rover Vogue TD6
1999 Discovery Td5 ES
1995 BMW M5 3.8 6 speed
1992 Range Rover 3.9 Efi Vogue
1992 BMW M5 3.8
1988 BMW 735i SE
1989 Ford Sierra XR4x4 2.9i
1981 Ford Fiesta Supersport

Last edited by mjdronfield on 16th May 2012 9:17am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #121979 15th May 2012 9:20pm
killatomato

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Java Black

Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up

Post #121980 15th May 2012 9:30pm
stu

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Orkney Grey

mate, i think you let her off lightly!! i wouldn't have been as restrained i am afraid!! i would have been out to her and made her feel like something on my shoe before she got the chance to even open her horrid potty mouth. i have no problem with ripping into a woman i am afraid, especially if they are just being knobs!!!

i too would like to say sorry for my rant... Current: TDV8 (3.6) RRS HSE

Past: TDV8(4.4) Vogue
Discovery 3 Commercial
TDV8(3.6) Vogue
TD6 Vogue
D2 V8 ES
D1 V8 ES
RR Vogue Classic

Post #121984 15th May 2012 9:48pm
dave699

England 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

At £475 a year tax, Yes I actually do own the road. 
Had it, loved it!
2007 Vogue SE TDV8
Stornoway Grey / Ivory
Climatic Seats, RSE, AFS, Deployable steps, iPod kit.

Post #121993 15th May 2012 10:17pm
dave699

England 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey
Re: An apology to all my full fat brothers ...

Had you owned an X5 she wouldn't even have had the advance warning of the indicator!

TheAllSeeingPie wrote:
It was nice and sunny when I left the office in Sheffield today, so I decided to take a nice meandering route home to see if there was a more interesting route through the city. I got a bit lost and had to revert to the sat nav to get to the M1 and ended up being in the wrong lane.

So as anyone sensible would do indicated and tried to find a gap in the queue of traffic to my left. Fortunately there was a nice gap about the size of two ffrr's! So as I pull across the owner of a tiny little fiesta decides that she would "close the gap" (or in less civil terms: be a c**t).

Since simple physics dictates that I wasn't in any danger, and because I was nearing he lights I just kept pulling over and unfortunately she had to use her brake pedal. Fortune favoured me and the lane I needed was a filter on the side of her lane so I could pull out of her angry way.

This was not he end though, as the lights turned red and she pulled up next to me and subjected me to a tirade of abuse before I could say something like "I'm sorry, I'm a bit lost, there was space if you hadn't gone mental". As this abuse reached its peak (it was mainly: w****r this and w****r that), her passenger said "just because you're in a big black range rover you think you can do anything you like?".

At this point my reaction is what I need to apologise for as the lights turned green so I just said "yes" and floored it!

Had it, loved it!
2007 Vogue SE TDV8
Stornoway Grey / Ivory
Climatic Seats, RSE, AFS, Deployable steps, iPod kit.

Post #121994 15th May 2012 10:19pm
bozmandb9

This is interesting, since I'm now just a pleb in a mere 7 series!

But I noticed the other day, some Censored in a Black Range Rover (only a TDV8 Rolling Eyes ), undertook me in traffic on the M40, and cut in front of me. Somehow it does seem a little more aggravating than the usual Censored in Audis who do this all the time! It gave me a little insight into how it is on the other side of the fence!

Always bugs me when people undertake in heavy traffic, I always leave a sensible braking distance, but then have to end up braking and easing back to maintain it, when idiots undertake and cut into it. Range Rover-less at the moment - Pining!

Post #122003 16th May 2012 12:07am
CUE99T

Scotland 

Sorry, I don't talk to peasants in small cars!! Laughing Laughing all smug in my new plug!

2021 Westminster Black D300
2013 Vogue SE - gone
Some Porsche Cayenne guff pretending to be a 4x4!!
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #122007 16th May 2012 12:32am
mercs600

England 2002 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Java Black

Wow... an actual Ford Fiesta on the road ! I thought they were all in scrap yards ! Mr. Green

Post #122009 16th May 2012 2:13am
Bellini

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

Well, I hope she's learned her lesson!

Now tell me... This 'Ford Fiesta' thing. Doesn't have a V8 does it? Doesn't have nice leather inside? Doesn't make a nice noise? Doesn't have class?

She, and her chap friend, are undoubtedly jealous of your far superior carriage, old boy. Hence the reaction. I don't doubt for a second that they merely pulled up alongside to have a closer look.

And her language. Can't really blame her. Undoubtedly the product of poor parentage and insufficient breeding.

What she really meant to say, in the Queen's English, was the following:

'I say, old fellow, what a mightily impressive manoeuvre you did there! I had no idea these wonderful Range Rover's could be do capable. Would you mind awfully flooring your wonderful beast so I can hear your thoroughbred roar? Thanks awfully!' Si. <This is my name.

I eat rat poison.

A man ain't truly been insulted until he stands buck naked in front of a woman and she didn't even notice. Or care.

Post #122012 16th May 2012 6:11am
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

[quote="Bellini"]Well, I hope she's learned her lesson!

Now tell me... This 'Ford Fiesta' thing. Doesn't have a V8 does it? Doesn't have nice leather inside? Doesn't make a nice noise? Doesn't have class?

Careful fella, you'll have all the Fast Ford lot on your case! "please read March 1993 edition featuring a RWD fiesta fitted with a 3.5 V8"

Then they'll proceed to explain that its the engine of choice from that golden era! When RR's would go anywhere and wer'nt all owned by inpatient cocks!!!

Craig Thumbs Up

Post #122028 16th May 2012 8:17am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>