Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > New owner big problem (I think)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
RugbyXV

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Baltic Blue

Hi all,

Thanks so much for the replies.....The garage has disconnected the LPG and still no joy. I don't know to what extent, but the mechanic working on it apparently used to install LPG systems a while back. Still no Joy. I think they are more akin to the points, dizzy and condenser models but have all the software and gizmo's. My intention is to give them until the end of this week and see if they feel it an impossible mission so I can move on with someone else that has been suggested on here as you all have much more experience than me and as I've said before, all help is greatly received as I just want get my car back!!!

Post #173703 21st Feb 2013 8:51am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

interesting, i wonder if the lpg 'switch the petrol fuel pump off' part has been disconnected properly cos i still think its somehow affecting the power to the petrol fuel pump.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #173705 21st Feb 2013 9:13am
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Cam-Tech-Craig wrote:
stan wrote:
me thinks the lpg conversion might be telling the petrol fuel pump to be off....can you disconnect the lpg and see what happens..

Stan, the fuel pumps always run (the same as if running on petrol) which is why so many problems arise from running an LPG car with very low petrol levels for a long distance... Thumbs Up

Post #173710 21st Feb 2013 10:00am
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

RugbyXV wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks so much for the replies.....The garage has disconnected the LPG and still no joy. I don't know to what extent, but the mechanic working on it apparently used to install LPG systems a while back. Still no Joy. I think they are more akin to the points, dizzy and condenser models but have all the software and gizmo's. My intention is to give them until the end of this week and see if they feel it an impossible mission so I can move on with someone else that has been suggested on here as you all have much more experience than me and as I've said before, all help is greatly received as I just want get my car back!!!

If I were in your shoes I would take the car away today my friend... In the wrong hands a lot of damage/problems can occure... A problem like yours isn't hard to diagnose when you have experience... And are good at your job Whistle

Post #173711 21st Feb 2013 10:05am
stan
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

Cam-Tech-Craig wrote:
Cam-Tech-Craig wrote:
stan wrote:
me thinks the lpg conversion might be telling the petrol fuel pump to be off....can you disconnect the lpg and see what happens..

Stan, the fuel pumps always run (the same as if running on petrol) which is why so many problems arise from running an LPG car with very low petrol levels for a long distance... Thumbs Up

but OP says that ''when they turn over there is no power to the pump yet when they jump the pump it works fine.''

..or am i not understanding this properly... ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

Post #173726 21st Feb 2013 11:47am
bozmandb9

I agree with Craig, if they've made no real progress over three weeks, get it picked up right away, and take it to somebody else!

It'll probably be something relatively simple, and the last thing you want is your new motor off the road for a month, it's never rocket science to fix a car, and whilst these guys may be perfectly nice and competent and more routine stuff, they are clearly out of their depth. So do yourself a favour, get it to an expert, get it fixed, and enjoy it!

Thumbs Up Range Rover-less at the moment - Pining!

Post #173747 21st Feb 2013 1:59pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Agree - at this point, they can't be doing meaningful analysis, they must be down to randomly unplugging things to see what happens.

Post #173758 21st Feb 2013 2:57pm
RugbyXV

Update

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in updating, but things have been hectic apart from car progress. This is where we were on Friday.

The fuel pump now has power at all key positions. This was down to a corroded connection on the fuse box. So, we are back to having a spark, compression and fuel but still no start. The T4 is saying there are no issues with cam or crank sensors and the RPM required is correct according to the software. It appears this may be a timing issue but if the cam sensor is OK how do you fix the timing? Could there be a "computer says no" situation here? The mechanic working on it is very competent and at the end of the day if the computer is saying no problem does he have a choice other than to randomly try things even if that means taking plugs off by numbers etc...

I have considered taking it away, but is there really any point in having someone do exactly the same thing again without any real confidence in getting it fixed any quicker.

If it is something simple/stupid then it is certainly very good at disguising itself as complex. Must be female..

I will give it this week and then I think I have to take it somewhere if only to get a second opinion, but then it's another 250 quid to get it moved and where do I take it to apart from the main dealer who in my experience is totally driven by the computer and changing expensive parts out? Confused

HELP!!!!

Post #174644 26th Feb 2013 3:58pm
Rob2529

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Oslo Blue

Have you actually had fuel out the engine end? If the pump is running the LPG could be stopping the injectors firing? [img]http://www.fuelly.com/driver/rob2529/range-rover[img/]
04, 4.4V8, Vogue Oslo Blue with LPG.
"You can sleep in your car, BUT you can't race your house!!!!"

If something can't be fixed with a hammer....... You have yourself an electrical fault!

Post #174655 26th Feb 2013 5:07pm
RugbyXV

The LPG has been completely disabled so I don't think that will be the cause, it is purely a petrol V8 at the moment.

Post #174735 26th Feb 2013 10:30pm
stan
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

ther vwas something on the forum re if you had less than a quarter tank of fuel it would cause running problems...just a shot in the dark but check the fuel level... ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

Post #174740 26th Feb 2013 10:50pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12