Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > The New SHINEY thread....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 22 of 23 <123 ... 212223>
Print this entire topic · 
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Looks identical to the original apart from the lettering, still has the acoustic symbol on it and it’s definitely heated.

Looking at the relative merits between AGC and Pilkington, both are owned by Japanese parent companies (pilks is now owned by Nippon glass), both look a perfect fit, and both are tender winners for OE supply to various different car brands. TbH having had the AGC screen I’m definitely getting less concerned about brand.

Given that the original LR Pilkington screen on the car failed after the smallest of stone chips, I’m talking <1mm ping in the bottom O/S corner about 3” in from the corner but still in the black banding which then spread from the bottom corner to the centre top of the screen in under a week, im kind of interested to see if this one fares any better.

The screen I had swapped on the black 322 went in exactly the same way, crack caused by a stone chip near the edge which developed into a crack pretty much straight away, however the el cheapo screen I have in the van has taken a fair few stones all across the screen over the years and is still in one piece, and hasn’t cracked at all. Maybe it pot luck! There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #596611 6th Jun 2021 12:44pm
northernmonkeyjones

Censored Censored

Set off from the in-laws with a slightly lower pressure in the Nsr, thought I would stop at the first garage on the A1 and put a squeeze of air in…….

Just made it to the garage, there was a bit of a jam so fortunately we were pootling, but when we got there NSR was pancaked, a massive packing Nail had gone into a repairable position on the tyre then out through the sidewall. Err non fixable now!

Fortunately I had the good sense to swap the space saver for a full sized spare a while back, So braving the monkey jack, and after unloading all the cases and presents from the boot I managed to get it all changed and we were on our way. Much better than waiting 2 hrs + for the AA/LR assist to show up…….

Now, im a pretty hefty chap, but seriously, getting a 21” wheel and tyre out of the back is definitely more difficult than on a 322, I had to rope in no1 to help get it out and sent him into the back of the boot to retrieve the jack! There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜

Post #617726 27th Dec 2021 6:11pm
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black

Nightmare Shocked

Sod’s law says you’ll be well laden when you need to unload and access the spare… and the 21” can’t be easier to get out than the 22”…

Shocked Banging Head

Post #617760 28th Dec 2021 12:06am
CMJ

2015 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Santorini Black

Best way I have found to remove a 22 inch spare wheel. Completely remove the shelf. Climb into he boot and stand directly over the spare legs either side of the wheel. Lift and throw he spare between your legs in one movement. Then move the wheel over several lifts towards the rear of the boot. Same to replace but in reverse. Key to this method is getting in the boot to lift out of the wheel storage well in one straight movement.

Could never see get the lifting kit to work for me. 2013 L405 AB 4.4SDV8 Luxor/Ivory, 2007 Vogue TDV8 Epson Green/Sand, 2008 Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue/Sand, 2003 Vogue 4.4 LPG Epsom Green/Sage, 1998 Vogue SE 4.6 LPG Epsom Green/Cream

Post #617773 28th Dec 2021 1:16am
northernmonkeyjones

I had a removal kit on the 322, which worked well. I’ve only taken the wheel out once on the drive on the 405, which was more of a replacing the space saver job, so it went in but not out…….

I probably would have tyre foamed it but an inch of the the nail was sticking out of the sidewall! And it was raining….. and apparently there are no tyre shops open today There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜

Post #617808 28th Dec 2021 2:55pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

CMJ has the right idea about lifting and getting the spare out..i've done this a few times and it works well.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #617810 28th Dec 2021 3:10pm
northernmonkeyjones

Will give that a go when it’s taken to the tyre place.

Annoyingly I did have my sprinter jack with me but have yet to fashion a new top for it, it just has the standard sprinter one on so wasn’t inclined to use it, looking at the tyre I’ve put on it’s a fairly new Dunlop which was on the car when I got it. I put it on the 21” I bought of EBay so it’s actually a 32/19 tyre, and it had almost the correct pressures in too! I would leave it on for a bit but for the dash telling me that the TPmS isn’t monitoring that wheel every time I get in.

Hopefully someone will have Scorpion verde, non PCNS in a 275/45/21 on a 110W in stock in the morning….. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜

Post #617816 28th Dec 2021 4:38pm
northernmonkeyjones

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Never seen a nail do that before…… There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜

Post #617915 29th Dec 2021 5:28pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

i have..i used to be in the tyre trade and have seen many weird items inside tyres..

its amazing how these things damage tyres. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #617916 29th Dec 2021 5:35pm
northernmonkeyjones

New tyre fitted and back to 4 matching Pirelli. £195 which I don’t think was too bad. Good old Malvern Tyres in Burton, I’ve used them for years and they had one On the shelf ready to go….. was about the only place which had one in! There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜

Post #618435 2nd Jan 2022 3:14pm
northernmonkeyjones

Service this week. 96,000/6year service at the main stealer to keep the OLSH looking Good.

BEWARE - Landrover have a 3+ Winter Service deal on at the moment, £299….. sounds like a bargain. BUT it isn’t a classified service. So in terms of maintaining FsH as per the spec sheet, it doesn’t count. It doesn’t reset the counter on the OLSH and if you have extended warranty then would possibly cause issues with the Warranty provider as the car will not have been serviced to LR spec.

Ask me how I know….. Big Cry so having had the £299 service (which in fairness is well priced for what they do, it had Oil and filter, cabin filter, usual check over, and video, and brake fluid change) I found that the service indicator hadn’t been reset, then asked why, only to be told that that service wasn’t a service and they didn’t do that….. looking on the OLSH I saw that although it had been entered, it hadn’t gone on as the annual.

I’m the end to maintain the FSH I was able to get them to complete the remaining few items which needed to be done, which was mostly replacing the fuel filter and run through the other “checks”. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜

Post #622559 5th Feb 2022 3:20pm
northernmonkeyjones

Nothing much to report on the old girl.

Car is also fine. Apart from a broken/chipped screen. Again fine by Autoglass, pretty well. This time I got a Saint-Gobain screen.

Tempting fate I know but really nothing much has gone wrong. Apart from the clock. Which keeps losing time. About a min every couple of weeks. Big Cry

Towed the tin tent over to France and back without losing a beat.

Click image to enlarge

It does need a really good valet now, after a summer of kids and crisps it’s getting a bit manky inside, and out. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜

Post #642954 14th Sep 2022 6:51pm
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Now you've done it, wait for the bongs tomorrow.... Rolling with laughter Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #642966 14th Sep 2022 8:23pm
northernmonkeyjones

Probably won’t move until the weekend, she will have forgotten by then…. Whistle There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜

Post #642981 14th Sep 2022 9:28pm
northernmonkeyjones

Another tow away with the van the past few days. Yet again nothing broke or went wrong with the car.
Cant say the same about the caravan. Managed to snap a blind cord, break a drawer runner, pull the handle off our foldable table, collapse the bed several times and scratch the windows on a load of bushes.

At least it didn’t leak in the rain…… There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜

Post #646242 22nd Oct 2022 9:33pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 22 of 23 <123 ... 212223>