Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > ACC retrofit to MY12 4.4 TDV8 help
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 9 of 12 <123 ... 89 101112>
Print this entire topic · 
GraemeS

Australia 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Bournville

I paid A$19 in 2016 from a UK LR supplier so maybe you should price one from a local LR dealer.

It sounds like a pricing change that went wrong whereby it should be around A$22. I've considered swapping mine's 6-pot Brembos for the 2-piston sliding callipers that are fitted to the 5.0 NA to allow 18" rims to fit. A spacer is required between the bracket and the knuckle, being mirror images for opposite sides. However the price of one is many times the price of the other which is obviously an error but all sellers have the same price, presumably from an erroneous LR pricing database.

Post #599656 4th Jul 2021 10:51pm
Sonearly

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Seems I am missing component, my ACC is very intermittent, showing Radar Sensor Blocked, I have removed the bumper and cleaned the sensor, it was clean already. Comparing the Files to others posted on here I am missing showing the Assembly (F113) on the ECU infos. would the assumption be that the system cannot see this if inoperable and therefore will not list in the ECU infos. Could it mean that the unit is dead ? As previously stated, intermittent issue, well actually more off than on.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Have tried recalibrating, but alas no luck.

Any help much appreciated.

Last resort will be to switch off ACC and revert back to standard cruise control.

Post #607700 29th Sep 2021 3:50pm
GraemeS

I suspect that either the radar unit is faulty or the wiring to it is faulty, possibly just a bad connection if one of the connectors isn't fully home or isn't sealed. Have you checked fault codes?

Post #607736 29th Sep 2021 9:52pm
Sonearly

I have checked fault codes and it is not showing any. I wonder if there is anyway of finding if the component F113 is actually the Radar Sensor itself. I do rather suspect, as you say maybe faulty or not connecting correctly. Looks like taking the bumper off again to check the connectors. But would be nice to know if that is the offending part. Just noticed when reading through this post I was missing the F113. Hopefully on the rare occasion it actually works, I will be able to scan again to see if it then appears.

Post #607743 30th Sep 2021 12:11am
GraemeS

9G768 is the physical radar unit but the various components are the firmware components. Were your screenshots taken while it was or was not working? If you could stop and check when it does work then you will probably see the F113 component.

Post #607747 30th Sep 2021 3:45am
Sonearly

Thanks for help. If I am understanding this correctly.

So the “Assembly’s ” BH329G768AD and Cx239G768AC are actually firmware embedded in ECU’s within the Radar Unit rather than individual components. So using this logic, as screen shots were taken when inoperable, as stated before, the issue is either failed “assembly” within the Radar Unit or failing wiring or connections.

So plan of attack should be, firstly check connections.

Secondly obtain replacement Radar Unit.

If neither of the above resolve switch off ACC.

Looking back over service history there has been previous issues where it has been checked in Main Dealers and it has come back as “no faults found”

It seems that there is an inherent issue, which I am hoping is the unit rather than wiring.

Post #607755 30th Sep 2021 8:38am
GraemeS

Before looking for a replacement module I would try reloading the firmware which might solve the problem if the firmware has been corrupted or the firmware might fail to load due to a hardware fault within the radar unit.

Post #607764 30th Sep 2021 9:52am
Sonearly

Thank you GraemeS for your input.

Did a full scan today and it is showing a fault code for the Radar unit. Interesting that the date for “Forward Looking Sensor” is for 4 years time. I have also noticed that for F113 it is showing update available.

I assume I need to contact Gap to arrange reflash as the first step.

Post #607789 30th Sep 2021 3:09pm
GraemeS

I suspect that will be found to be the cause of it dropping out.

Post #607816 30th Sep 2021 9:46pm
Sonearly

Thanks for all the help and advice. After trying all suggestions finally swapped out Radar Sensor and all working perfectly now.

Post #608683 9th Oct 2021 8:36am
myinne

United States 2012 Range Rover Supercharged 5.0 SC V8 Fuji White

Is it possible to retrofit both ACC and Flappy paddles? I have a MY12 SC 5.0 US-spec, and already done the flappy paddle retrofit, and now wanted to add ACC. I don't believe there was another spot for the electrical connections inside the steering wheel for the ACC buttons. Has anyone successfully done both?

Post #610331 25th Oct 2021 4:47pm
RichTD6

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Zermatt Silver

It should be possible as I have recently added ACC to mine (which already has factory fitted flappy paddles) and the new switch pack that was required for the ACC had no more connections on it than the old standard cruise control switch pack I removed. My understanding of how the system detects the signals is limited but I believe it is done by each switch sending a different resistance down the few wires and the ECUs work out which switch has been pressed from there. I’m sure someone with more knowledge will be able to jump in and explain better. 2012 Westminster TDV8 4.4 Indus Silver
GAP IID Bluetooth Tool

Previous Range Rovers:

2005 L322 Vogue SE TD6 Zambezi Silver
1995 P38A HSE Epsom Green
1988 Classic Vogue EFi Cassis Red
1973 Two Door Tuscan Blue

Post #610352 25th Oct 2021 8:52pm
myinne

United States 2012 Range Rover Supercharged 5.0 SC V8 Fuji White

Thanks RichTD6. Based on your comment, I did purchase everything and did the retrofit. Happy with both ACC and Flappy paddles.

Post #614394 1st Dec 2021 4:57pm
RichTD6

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Zermatt Silver

Brilliant news! Pleased you have it all fitted and working! Thumbs Up 2012 Westminster TDV8 4.4 Indus Silver
GAP IID Bluetooth Tool

Previous Range Rovers:

2005 L322 Vogue SE TD6 Zambezi Silver
1995 P38A HSE Epsom Green
1988 Classic Vogue EFi Cassis Red
1973 Two Door Tuscan Blue

Post #614427 1st Dec 2021 11:57pm
NTL1991

United States 2012 Range Rover Supercharged 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Thank you everyone for the wealth of information in this thread. It's really invaluable.

I have a 2012 5.0 CA37**** and I'm looking to start gathering the parts for retrofit. I have a few questions and wish to consolidate some information for others in my same situation.

Have we confirmed if the late 5.0 cars need the ECU unit AH42-14B588-AA? I have read that it may not be needed.

It seems to be confirmed that while the parts catalog shows a rear ACC Radar Module for the MY12 L322, it is not needed for system operation, and may very well be a mistake. Correct?

My 2012 CA VIN will need the "thin" ACC Radar Module along with the bracket LR022947 and the connecting harness LR023028 which is applicable to the "thin" radar unit.

And because I have a CA VIN vehicle, I will only need the LH Steering Wheel Switchpack, LR057123.

I have SDD with a DA-Dongle and the IIDTool. Has anyone confirmed if it's possible to use the FoMoCo Radar Unit (with or without a firmware update) which is physically identical to the JLR versions? They seem to be a bit cheaper to come by.

Does this all sound correct?

Thank you again everyone Smile

Post #622513 5th Feb 2022 1:30am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 9 of 12 <123 ... 89 101112>