Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Remap of a TDV8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
just0007

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black

Thank you that's what I wanted to hear, will be done first week of April. Sometimes you just need a push in the right direction. Twisted Evil

Post #55072 16th Mar 2011 6:18pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Mention the forum when you go in, it's good for them to know we all communicate and its not just nerds on the tinterweb. Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #55082 16th Mar 2011 7:01pm
lrdaft

Scotland 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

Just finished 1000mile trip in 2days in an auto logic remaped tdv8 effortless and returned 29.5mpg with motorway speeds 2011 4.4tdv8 vogue black with black
2005 autobiography supercharged in Auckland blue!
2005 supercharged now sold
2011evoque now sold
2007 tdv8 vogue se gone but not forgotten
rrsport 2.7 hse gone
4.4 autobiography 2004

Post #55114 16th Mar 2011 11:07pm
AMV

2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

Guys, is that true that the gearbox of the 4.4 TDV8 can't handle more than 800 nm? Question
I've heared that many time from different dealers, but I know there's the Cosworth remap which is >800 nm and 500 hp.

Post #55181 17th Mar 2011 2:23pm
tboner001

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Fuji White

500 hp from the TDv8 i do not think so LOL

i have driven a 4.4 TDV8 remapped with 8000 miles on the map with 950NM Torque and 395HP and it has had no issues at all ........ Far to many gone...

Post #55206 17th Mar 2011 3:15pm
Japseroony

England 2019 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Indus Silver

RRUK wrote:
I don't understand why you would want or need to remove the remap. It is almost undetectable by the dealers, they never investigate such things, unless of course you blew your engine or gearbox up and they'd want to know why.

Seems like a lot of hassle for no purpose or need to me. My TD6 had a remap from JE and the dealer never once picked up on it, nor did they wipe over it (if they had JE offer a free reinstall).

You say in your earlier post that "It is awesomely quick, and sometimes scary that it reaches such speed so quickly, the torque curve is just stunning" and then you ask why someone would want or need a switchable box as its almoast undetectable by the dealers Exclamation Exclamation

Well either you can feel the difference or you can't and presumably so can the dealer Question

LR are getting very touchy about re-mapped vehicles and any dealer found turning a blind eye will lose their franchise so more are starting to report re-mapped vehicles to LR. I agree some dont and will let you know before they say anything to LR but for an extra £100 is it worth it as you can put the map on and off in 2 mins and as many times as you like.

Also, if the dealer update your ECU via a flash then you lose your map and have to go back to JE or you do this first prior to taking it in for any work.

These are just a few reasons someone would want a switchable re-map Thumbs Up "UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"OVERSTEER" ------is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"HORSEPOWER" ----is how fast you hit the fence.
"TORQUE" -----------is how far you take the fence with you.

Post #55211 17th Mar 2011 4:36pm
Vogue

United Kingdom 

Yes, got to agree with you J, but can also agree with Adam.

When mine goes into the dealers, I tell them simply that if they want to wipe my map then they will be paying for the inconvenience of having it reinstated - my vehicle end of - if they dared to overwrite it then they wouldn't get paid! and as far as LR are concerned there are several main agents who even offered maps to me as a sweetener to getting a deal...Autologic springs to mind!

I do know the official LR stance on Maps - its been a hot topic since this forum started. Furthermore, even some of LR's own Experience drivers have LR vehicles which have been mapped...

seems to me some main agents care and others don't - especially the larger ones with more influence.

Post #55219 17th Mar 2011 6:05pm
Japseroony

Hi Vogue, you must have a very good customer friendly dealer as the one near me will squeeeeel like a pig if I go anywhere near with one of my vehicles that have non-std parts on.

For the extra £100 or so it makes life much easier just having the re-map box in the vehicle that I can change the map in 2 mins - especially in case of a breakdown (God forbid that should ever happen) and LR recovery come out and take the vehicle to a non-friendly dealer etc Big Cry

Also, if you tell the dealer not to flash the ECU when they have a directive from LR, it can cause problems as LR want to know why its not been done if they find out the vehicle has been in to the dealer. There have been several up-dates on the RRS, D3 and FFRR ECU's since they were first produced and they even up-date vehicles out of warranty when they have them in.

I am sure those that get their vehicles re-mapped understand the fact that LR can invalidate the warranty but I like to keep them guessing and dont want to have to go back to the re-mapping agent for a further flash if I can avoid it Thumbs Up "UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.

Post #55226 17th Mar 2011 6:26pm
Vogue

United Kingdom 

In all honesty I would probably prefer a box to remove and reinstate a MAP at my whim - for the reasons you give.

However, JE don't do one and in all honesty given JE's own links with LR, I wouldn't want anybodyelse touching my vehicle. Furthermore, there is also a down side to keeping a box and rewriting the ecu as I understand that there is a counter in the TDV8's, (i.e. LR can tell how many times the ECU has been re-written) whereas the TD6 you could get away with it as many times as you wanted - I stand to be corrected on this though...as this is only what I have heard.

I went into remaps in great depth and looked at JE, BAS, Snitzer, Autologic, Superchips, Turbochips, DMS, plus loads of backstreet garages and also the plug in boxes (but avoided those as broadly they are just fooling the the ECU into dumping excess fuel into the cylinders).

Post #55369 18th Mar 2011 11:13am
tboner001

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Fuji White

The 2010 onwards cars do have a facility i am told where the newer dealer readers / software can see downloads and uploads via the Eprom chip on the ECU Sad Far to many gone...

Post #55374 18th Mar 2011 11:19am
Japseroony

Vogue wrote:
In all honesty I would probably prefer a box to remove and reinstate a MAP at my whim - for the reasons you give.

However, JE don't do one and in all honesty given JE's own links with LR, I wouldn't want anybodyelse touching my vehicle. Furthermore, there is also a down side to keeping a box and rewriting the ecu as I understand that there is a counter in the TDV8's, (i.e. LR can tell how many times the ECU has been re-written) whereas the TD6 you could get away with it as many times as you wanted - I stand to be corrected on this though...as this is only what I have heard.

I went into remaps in great depth and looked at JE, BAS, Snitzer, Autologic, Superchips, Turbochips, DMS, plus loads of backstreet garages and also the plug in boxes (but avoided those as broadly they are just fooling the the ECU into dumping excess fuel into the cylinders).

No problem with JE or any other re-map company and some offer the box and others dont - they all do a job and hopefully all work. FULLY agree with your comment re the "chip/plug in" type devices as IMO they aint worth a light.

Just a point to note though, the re-map boxes dont increase the flash count and the dealers/LR can not tell if you take the map off if it has been done or not Thumbs Up "UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.

Post #55414 18th Mar 2011 2:07pm
Japseroony

tboner001 wrote:
The 2010 onwards cars do have a facility i am told where the newer dealer readers / software can see downloads and uploads via the Eprom chip on the ECU Sad

Hi, are you saying someone is tuning the new ECU's via OBD? If so can you point me in the right direction or let me know what tool they are using?

Thanks. "UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.

Post #55419 18th Mar 2011 2:40pm
BigJ

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Stornoway Grey

Japseroony wrote:
tboner001 wrote:
The 2010 onwards cars do have a facility i am told where the newer dealer readers / software can see downloads and uploads via the Eprom chip on the ECU Sad

Hi, are you saying someone is tuning the new ECU's via OBD? If so can you point me in the right direction or let me know what tool they are using?

Thanks.

Me too! AFAIK Tricore Protected are impossible through OBD at present.... Used to have:
2005 FFRR 4.4 Vogue - BRC LPG Conversion & Remapped

Now have:
2008 SSRR 3.6 TDV8 - HSE and plenty of toys

Post #55856 21st Mar 2011 3:07pm
stevecuk

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Java Black

RRUK wrote:
Mention the forum when you go in, it's good for them to know we all communicate and its not just nerds on the tinterweb.

RRUK have you noticed any change in the flat spot when you initially push the accelerator, I was under the impression that a re-map would normally get rid of this?

I'm certainly considering the JE remap for my TDV8, and it would be so much sweeter to finally drive the Range without that huge flat-spot.

Regards,
Steve

Post #59946 12th Apr 2011 6:53am
Japseroony

stevecuk wrote:
RRUK wrote:
Mention the forum when you go in, it's good for them to know we all communicate and its not just nerds on the tinterweb.

RRUK have you noticed any change in the flat spot when you initially push the accelerator, I was under the impression that a re-map would normally get rid of this?

I'm certainly considering the JE remap for my TDV8, and it would be so much sweeter to finally drive the Range without that huge flat-spot.

Regards,
Steve

Steve,

Try Bell Auto Services on 0871 2884656 and tell him Japseroony sent you from the site and he may do you a deal on a remap and or a switchable re-map.

His kit is really good and it can be done over the phone depending on what you want. "UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.

Post #60043 12th Apr 2011 4:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>