Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L405) > My Car Fixed Used LTB00557V10 TECHNICAL BULLETIN 27 JUL 2018
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue
My Car Fixed Used LTB00557V10 TECHNICAL BULLETIN 27 JUL 2018

My 2013 L405 went into the main dealers 10 days ago for the dreaded knocking suspension! Last visit they changed the front shockers/main air spring setup and the bolt that knocks on the fuel pipe... This time they have fitted a revised new front into roll bar and a revised valve block...

Apparently they had to put a claim through with LR used warranty and have that failed so they could then go through LR and have them pay for it... Very Happy

All the knocking has now gone Thumbs Up

Post #519570 24th Jun 2019 11:06pm
Mr Tee

Scotland 

Ok, so a really daft question. Are technical bulletins simply a job guide to fix a problem or are they almost like a recall?
So if I were to approach a dealer and ask for work as per that technical bulletin , unless I have a dealer warranty (which I don't) , would that simply be a fully chargeable job? Thanks. Thumbs Up

Post #519601 25th Jun 2019 11:47am
Cam-Tech-Craig

Mr Tee, a daft question no sir... I simply went to my nearest main agent and booked a slot (with a loan car, which i think is important as they want it back asap!!!)
I made it VERY clear i would NOT pay for this work so, they had two choices A, put it through LR used car warranty or B, get JLR to pay for the work as it is a KNOWN production issue/fault!
My knocking noise was VERY subtle! BUT, i am keeping the car for a good 3 or 4 more years. I know the knocking noise from some customer cars is quite significant and i didn't want mine slowly getting worse!
The "master tech" told me on three separate occasions "the noise is only the standard hydraulic noise i would expect to here sir!!!" I drew his attention to a few quotes from the TSB as follows...

If the knocking noise is still present and considered unacceptable after performing the above steps!
If the vehicle user is still unhappy with the condition then continue to step---
On a strong customer complaint, please confirm which level of valve block is installed:

I then asked the "master tech" "how would you like me to strongly complain please?" "should i raise my voice? Maybe use bad language before you take this as "A Strong Complaint?"

He advised me we should return to the dealership and they will order the parts necessary... Just before i left i suggested infront of the master tech & service manager that :after changing the front into roll bar, the master tech might wish to re test the car without me! Then move straight onto replacing the valve block" as A, i won't be happy if im asked to revisit again wasting more of my valuable time & B, the master tech stated the noise was "NORMAL" and would NOT disappear! So, testing the car on his own would only serve to prove that step 13 (replace the valve block) necessary... Whistle

10 days later... All steps completed with JLR paying for the lot Thumbs Up

I went for a test drive with said master tech and he had to sit there for ten mins whilst i drove the same route as before but this time in silence Rolling Eyes Whistle Laughing

I hope this helps others on here... I have included a link to the latest TSB below... Thumbs Up

https://www.fullfatrr.com/gallery/albums/u...%20doc.pdf

Post #519604 25th Jun 2019 1:55pm
Brunel

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Aruba

Well done. I rejected my Lookers car because I got bored arguing with them that all they needed to do was go through every step in the TB.

Post #519623 25th Jun 2019 3:31pm
Fleagle_UK

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

Cam-Tech-Craig wrote:
.... but this time in silence Rolling Eyes Whistle Laughing

ha ha - I just recently had mine done....when I test drove it after (with the master tech) ...the sound of silence was so good I could have kissed him!

Post #519625 25th Jun 2019 3:49pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

But how did you get your hands on that Tech Bulletin document, is it simply via a paid Topix account? Is there a free way?

Post #519642 25th Jun 2019 8:08pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

Somebody posted it here a while ago iLard... Technical Bulletins are usually quite easy to find on line and often get posted on owners forums sir Thumbs Up

Post #519671 25th Jun 2019 11:07pm
Fleagle_UK

ilard wrote:
But how did you get your hands on that Tech Bulletin document, is it simply via a paid Topix account? Is there a free way?

I have a copy - PM me an email address if you want it.

Post #519777 26th Jun 2019 5:55pm
supershuttle

England 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

Apart from the knocking (or lack of it) is it easy to check which valve block you have and how much to swap if old type? Geoff

Post #521111 8th Jul 2019 8:08pm
Fleagle_UK

cost to change at a main dealers is aprox £1500 inc labour. - though all things playing fair, LR should cover that cost (note it's LR, Not extended warranty - who will refuse any claim)

Post #521113 8th Jul 2019 8:17pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

The front active anti roll bar is a further £1900...

The valve block can be viewed by removing the 10mm bolts holding on the sill cover under the front passenger seat Geoff

Post #521115 8th Jul 2019 8:34pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

When my car went in for its MOT i asked/no, i challenged the tester to find where the knocking noise was coming from! He 100% could not so, this then gave me the confidence to book it in to the local main dealer quoting the TSB number to them!

They did at first try to blame it on the ARB bushes, but i told then straight! NO, my MOT tester said they were perfectly serviceable 48hrs previously! Whistle Whistle Whistle

Post #521139 8th Jul 2019 11:03pm
jim4244

England 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver

Cam, it really Censored me off that we have to jump through all the hoops to get work done on known faults 😡

What does it matter if the customer makes a strong complaint? The fault should be fixed to the required standard regardless!

Jim

Post #521143 9th Jul 2019 4:02am
Dixy

2016 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Loire Blue

What I do not understand is why a manufacturer who is laying off 4500 staff because of poor sales is allowing customers to be so Censored off.
They seem to think no other manufacturers are competing for our custom. letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #521149 9th Jul 2019 7:36am
rvbush

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

I strongly suspect that the lay offs have more to do with reorganisation wrt electric vehicle production than they do for any thing else. It's been a very cynical move and explains Speth's constant moaning about how Brexit will ruin JLR, there's his excuse for the lay-offs.

On the subject of slippery OEM's not fixing things that they bloody well should fix, they're all at it, just read the forums. They boil my p*** the whole filthy thieving lot of them. I loath the way most businesses are run these days, no moral or ethical content whatsoever, hateful. Drives:
2010 FFRR TdV8 Vogue - Stornoway Grey
2010 FFRR TdV8 Vogue SE - Zermatt Silver
1998 BMW E36 M3 GTII

Post #521151 9th Jul 2019 8:10am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>