Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > Service history - this is a shame. Further updates :)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
Wilpert

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

Im getting more and more drawn in, is it a biggie that the previous dealer did the "black pack" thing, he said it was pretty standard for them to do on grey and black cars and i suppose it equals a wheel and grille refurb at the same time?

Post #559128 26th Jun 2020 2:39pm
recordman

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aruba

Perhaps it's a 'northern' thing to black paint wheels and trims. My Evoque which I sold to WBAC in Kent ended up for sale at a non LR dealer in Manchester. I was horrified that they had black painted 'my' immaculate sparkling silver 20" wheels. Unless the wheels were damaged after it left me there was no need to do that for cosmetic purposes. 2017 SDV8 Autobiography

Post #559130 26th Jun 2020 2:52pm
Wilpert

[quote="recordman"]Must say, it looks to be a well specced car. It's got the 1700w Reference signature sound system and deployable side steps. Can't see if it's got an electric tow bar or not.

How do you know that the sound system, the ad says 825 W?
Im hoping its something they havent really considered in the price:)

Post #559131 26th Jun 2020 2:52pm
recordman

There are a number of inaccuracies in the specifications on their website. For example, tt says that the wheels are 20", but I think they're 22" turbines painted black. It also says that the interior trim is piano black, but the photos show it to be wood, probably Macassar.

The 1700w system has additional speakers in the rear of the front seats and two additional speakers in the front of the roof, behind the sun visors which can be seen in the photos. There should be two more in the rear of the roof which can't be seen as there aren't any photos of that part of the car.

The speakers in the rear of the front seats are sometimes false, mainly when the original buyer has specced 24 way seats (which it looks as though this one doesn't have) and then it seems that LR can only supply the car with seat backs that contain 'signature' housings without speakers. Also, there's a 'Meridian' badge inset into the speaker housings, this indicates that it is the 'proper' signature system. There are many more knowledgeable folks on here who are far more expert than me who may be able to add to my comments about this.

My car, bought used, has the 1700w system and it too wasn't highlighted by the selling dealer (LR). It is superb, and so it should be as it's a £4k+ option. 2017 SDV8 Autobiography

Post #559132 26th Jun 2020 3:13pm
Wilpert

Thanks
It may be their lack of knowledge is to my advantage.

What do you think of the price?

Post #559133 26th Jun 2020 3:33pm
recordman

Difficult to comment on the price as they seem to be all over the place at the moment. They've no doubt priced it on the high side due to its low mileage. The only way really is to try and compare it with other cars that are on the market now.

If it's of any help, in November 2019 I paid £52.5k for my March 2017 SDV8 Autobiography with 23,000 miles, 1 owner, FLRSH purchased from a LR dealer. It was up for £56.5k and there was a deal on at the time where if you took out JLR finance there was a £4k finance contribution. I took the finance, the £4k was deducted from the invoice and then I paid it off almost straight away without any comeback. It's got a very high spec and the cost when new came out at around £114k. 2017 SDV8 Autobiography

Post #559134 26th Jun 2020 4:05pm
AnotherMutley

United Kingdom 

You could register for Topix as an Independant Operator for free at;

https://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/vehicle/lookupForm

You can then get the last 8 digits of the VIN number and see what it came out of the factory with as standard, it'll also show you any outstanding recalls.

My 10p's worth is regardless of price, no Service History on any car is a no no, it may look like a bargain but can very quickly cost a small fortune. There must be other L405's out there, that tick most or all of your boxes and that have a service history.

If you were buying from an LR dealer, that'd be different as there would have been some checks and a years warranty to fall back on. If the last owner got rid of the car quick, is there a reason why.

You may get lucky, or you might not and it'll taint your experience of owning a fantastic car.

Post #559139 26th Jun 2020 5:22pm
jackcramerr

Absolutely not worth it.

If it were a reliable car then you could try your luck. I read about Range Rovers being notoriously unreliable. For me, before the history would be mileage. That is extremely low for a 2015. It will have problems that were ignored. Parts are meant to move and they have been sitting.

Walk away.

Post #559140 26th Jun 2020 6:23pm
Rob99

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Extremely low mileage on one of these big lazy diesels does it no favours at all, and no history makes it far more of a worry.

I think it's also a bit overpriced for a 2015 VSE. By comparison, the 2017 AB below with the updated infotainment (you can tell by the wider central screen) is the same price and looks at first glance to be a better buy.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ad...amp;page=1

Your choice obviously but given the option of your one or this I'd definitely go with the AB and service history, even with higher mileage. 60,000 miles on a 3 year old 4.4 is nothing! 2017 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography
2012 4.4 TDV8 Westminster - Gone, but not forgotten

Post #559153 26th Jun 2020 7:46pm
Boatmechanic

Sweden 

recordman wrote:
Must say, it looks to be a well specced car. It's got the 1700w Reference signature sound system and deployable side steps. Can't see if it's got an electric tow bar or not.

If you haven't seen it in the flesh yet, it could be worth a visit to touch it and smell it!

Could you even get the 1700W system with a Vogue?

I thought it was only available with Autobiography because of the cabling behind the roofliner.

Post #559155 26th Jun 2020 8:22pm
recordman

I think it's available as a cost option on SE and AB. 2017 SDV8 Autobiography

Post #559165 26th Jun 2020 9:27pm
SS.Lyria

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Loire Blue

If it was me I’d take a punt. 3 or 4 years down the line the service history would be up to scratch and you’ve got a low mileage example.

Also on that mileage a Warranty could be competitively priced to cover any failures due to lack of maintenance.

For what it’s worth I once bought a 5 year old P38 which had only covered 3k miles, had no issues at all with it, although it was a petrol.

Post #559192 27th Jun 2020 9:12am
Wilpert

must say i am getting tempted but i have now seen another very low miles Vogue AB, this one is in an SVO blue and it belonged to a billionaire sports person.

It looks the nuts but same story, missed the first 2 services.

I'm guessing billionaire people dont focus a great deal on servicing their cars.

Its a fair bit more money but a lovely spec.

Colour could be a bit marmite too and insurance might be high, so I will have to check that out too.

here it is:

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/10...rTo%3D2017

Post #559232 27th Jun 2020 2:08pm
Bl4ckD0g

Netherlands 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Both look really nice to me. Black pack range rovers are the best and look less “old man with feather in hat” to me. And loving that version of blue.

I would not be too bothered by the missing early life service history. Be more concerned with its current condition. Personally, when buying secondhand, i would always leave room to give it a good service myself or at a trusted garage and give it the works. It’s the only way to get it fully in a known state and work from there.

Post #559236 27th Jun 2020 2:35pm
nicksaab

2016 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

For me, the first car is well over priced. JCT600 Doncaster have an LR Approved Used 67 plate 4.4SDV8 VSE with 19k for £45k as a guide to price, so Landrover warranty, newer entertainment system etc.

However I think the real issue is only being able to record service history online - doesn't mean they haven't been serviced, just means that Landrover don't have a record of it. Current Fleet:-
2018 Discovery 5 3.0 HSE
2021 Ford Ranger Wildtrack
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt 5.0 V8
1993 Defender 90 200TDI Pickup

Gone - not forgotten
2016 L405 4.4 SDV8 Vogue SE
2012 L322 4.4 Westminster
2004 L322 4.4 V8 Autobiography LE
2000 P38 RR 4.0 HSE (ex Clarkson test car)

Post #559240 27th Jun 2020 2:53pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>