Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 9 <123456789>
Print this entire topic · 
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

thats a big chunk of cash Shocked

lets all hope you get a positive result from LR... ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #569829 14th Oct 2020 9:52pm
Mikey

Scotland 

northernmonkeyjones wrote:

Edit... It was on Ryan’s thread. Mikey posted up that LR were quoting £22k to replace D4 engines, and Mikey was pricing it at £15k. The engines alone were aparently 12k.

Could be different now as that’s a couple of years ago.

Engines are much cheaper now, £5k less Shocked

Post #569840 15th Oct 2020 6:41am
rvbush

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

You would have been treated better had you bought a 1.0Lt Daihatsu! But then the engines in those don't break. Drives:
2010 FFRR TdV8 Vogue - Stornoway Grey
2010 FFRR TdV8 Vogue SE - Zermatt Silver
1998 BMW E36 M3 GTII

Post #569848 15th Oct 2020 8:23am
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

That reduction might make buying one with a duff engine a decent prospect. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #569923 15th Oct 2020 7:11pm
M99TYK

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Fuji White
Update

So today LR came back to me and stated 40% is the most they will offer to cover the costs. I asked why this was and his main reason was the age of the car and due to the fact that it would be unfair on those that purchased vehicles with the Land Rover warranty. Following that I asked if, as a Land Rover representative, he found it acceptable that a fully MD serviced car with only 50,000 mile on requires a new engine due to a crank shaft failure to which he said yes, this shocked me. Even for Land Rover!

I am now awaiting a response from Stratstone, I am giving them the chance to rectify the situation before I take it to the next level of complaint and go through their whole sales process.

Post #569935 15th Oct 2020 8:42pm
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Any luck with the Warranty company? May they be more willing to deal if they know LR are paying for it in part. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #569944 15th Oct 2020 10:21pm
nicksaab

2016 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

Have you got any finance on the car - if so its worth contacting the finance company as they have a stake in the car and can get involved to help out. Current Fleet:-
2018 Discovery 5 3.0 HSE
2021 Ford Ranger Wildtrack
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt 5.0 V8
1993 Defender 90 200TDI Pickup

Gone - not forgotten
2016 L405 4.4 SDV8 Vogue SE
2012 L322 4.4 Westminster
2004 L322 4.4 V8 Autobiography LE
2000 P38 RR 4.0 HSE (ex Clarkson test car)

Post #569947 15th Oct 2020 10:46pm
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black
Re: Update

M99TYK wrote:
So today LR came back to me and stated 40% is the most they will offer to cover the costs. I asked why this was and his main reason was the age of the car and due to the fact that it would be unfair on those that purchased vehicles with the Land Rover warranty...

Which would suggest that vehicles having the LR Extended Warranty would either be covered for the failure via the warranty or would benefit from a more substantial good will contribution from LR in the event of failure.

Based on my understanding of the conduct of those who sold you the car and your concerns about the misrepresentation of the LR AU scheme to secure your custom (hopefully you have audit trails of that), I would persist with escalation of a complaint with Stratstone (including to regional director/ national executive level) and would include LR UK in all correspondence because it does not reflect well on them to have it brought to the attention of LR UK that customers believe LR AU branding has been manipulated and misused to the customer’s detriment.

Our adverse experience with a major UK dealership group was that our SC needed a new engine/ components at an alleged cost of £10k plus. LR Extended Warranty apparently declined the claim on the basis of the group’s conduct (i.e. things they could or should have remedied from previous inspections/ authorised works). The group expected us to pay. We could prove things they had said and done that were wrong from audit trails that existed as part of our pre- purchase due diligence checks and throughout our period of ownership. Despite us having by then owned the car for over 2 years, our having covered over 20,000 miles and the car having 70,000 miles+ on the odometer, we persisted and secured a full refund of the original purchase price. It was an unpleasant battle and in the end, their Director appointed a solicitor to try and bat us off. We dealt with the solicitor ourselves and very quickly thereafter, when showing the evidence we had, received a refund.

You might have to be persistent but if you believe you have been badly let down then stick with it (and the earlier post about involving your finance company seems worth a try for support too).

Post #569954 16th Oct 2020 6:26am
M99TYK

The warranty company have stated they will cover a crank shaft failure, however they will not cover the bearing. I do t know too much about the mechanics of the engine but my understanding is that it would be the bearing that has failed? Not so much the crank shaft itself.

I do have finance on the car through Stratstone, I called the finance company yesterday and they washed their hands with me and said “I’m sorry you would have to contact your dealer this has nothing to do with us”.

Post #569955 16th Oct 2020 6:58am
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black

Reading of your earlier post was that Stratstone had told you they believed the crankshaft had failed though?

Between, Stratstone, the warranty company and LR UK it sounds like there is a no cost outcome realistically possible for you...

Post #569958 16th Oct 2020 7:52am
M99TYK

The issue I have is I need to authorise the £1300 payment to strip the engine as the warranty company will need to know exactly what has failed and why, they will want to get out of paying anything.

If I authorise it and they say they won’t pay out (which is more likely on past experiences with Mapfre) I will have just lost another £1300 and be in the exact same position. Or even worse, it’s not the crank and LR withdraw their 40% offer!

Post #569959 16th Oct 2020 8:09am
charlie croker mk2

England 

A likely scenario is that due to over long distance between oil changes and subsequent dilution ? one of the bearings that support the crankshaft picked up or seized and spun thereby locking the crankshaft causing it to break .

Have a look at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiv8zt3h-UXTjmADVxJVlXQ on youtube to see whats involved , this guy is a real expert on these .

These guys are doing a full engine rebuilds and do all the engineering in house if you want your original engine rebuilt .
https://www.facebook.com/Walkersofrochdale...lzLq1Q_GF1

I wonder what the real cost of a "new" engine really is if supplied to a Garage local to you and swapped over .

LOL whatever you do next -- you will change the oil more frequently than the fleet inspired extended service intervals .

PS your £1300 will be better spent just fixing it elsewhere .

Post #569975 16th Oct 2020 10:27am
M99TYK

The group standards leader of Stratstone got back to me following an email to the CEO of Stratstone and MD of LR, they were very prompt to reply and give me a call to touch base.

Firstly they have organised for me to collect a courtesy car up this afternoon, which is very helpful. He is going to give me a call this afternoon after looking into all aspects, I’m hoping I’ll finally get the outcome I believe I deserve by the end of today.

Matt.

Post #569999 16th Oct 2020 12:59pm
M99TYK

Stratstone have authorised the £1300 diagnostics and are going to present the findings to the warranty company. He is hoping the warranty will cover the remaining cost after LR 40%.

Post #570037 16th Oct 2020 5:00pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

the situation is getting better.. Thumbs Up ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #570038 16th Oct 2020 5:02pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 9 <123456789>