Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Known problems with range rover 4.4 tdv8 2010 or 2011
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
RRDunc

England 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Santorini Black

I always wanted the 4.4 TDV8 and having had my AB for 4 months now and covered 7000 miles (2000 of them with a near 2 ton caravan on the back) I can say that I have absolutely no regrets.

Simply put, it's bloody awesome!

Dunc. The life you have is the only one you'll get; make the most of it.
--------‐--‐-----------------‐------------------‐---------------------------------------------------
2012 4.4 TDV8 L322 Autobiography
2003 TD5 Oslo Blue D2 ES Premium Auto (with mods!)

Post #573736 22nd Nov 2020 2:07pm
HS66

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

GGDR wrote:
if you search for member Baltic Blue's known fault log for the 4.4TDV8 you will find the usual items which are quite predictable as compared to the 3.6.

Although many many 3.6's run to high miles, they can lunch their turbos, ingesting parts into the combustion chamber which is pretty much goodnight engine.

The 4.4TDV8 is a oil leaky engine and not without it's issues but don't seem to carry the same Russian roulette factor. That, together with the fact that it's a spectacular driving experience - and (unless you are talking about a 2009+ 3.6) you get the last updates to the L322 with all the bells and whistles if you go for a higher model like an Se or AB. Eg. Digital dash, adaptive suspension etc.

Best advice is to try to find one with the turbo drain mod done. Or haggle hard if it's not done. Knowledge is power, so read up right here on the forum you'll literally find everything there is to know about Range Rovers.

One warning though - they're addictive bloody things.

Thumbs Up

I agree with you, the 4.4 is a better engine and the interior of the last of the L322s is much more modern, just looking at them side by side with the 3.6 they are a better car, it was just for me the 3.6 made more sense and is still a nice place to be while I save and wait for the L405 to come down a bit more.

Post #573739 22nd Nov 2020 3:20pm
Rambles

2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Turbo drain mod?

Have not had it done on mine. Have had no smoke. Have lost no sleep over it.
10 years of near faultless performance from my 4.4

Post #574721 1st Dec 2020 7:16am
The RR Bandit

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zambezi Silver

The Auxiliary Belt tensioner seems to be another weak spot for the TDV8 4.4. It’s a plastic pulley which wears with the contact of the belt over the years.
There’s a wiki on how to change it I believe and a lot of info on here about it, hence how I know about it. The warning sign is if the aux belt hanging off the pulley a few mm.
It’s an easy, all be it fiddly job so if you can get someone to help. it’s worth it as an extra hand comes in extremely helpful when trying to get the old tensioner out.

Mine was worn about 0.2mm on the outer edge and that was enough to let the belt slip towards the edge and run proud of the end of the pulley.

I know this is a common occurrence that hasn’t been mentioned on this thread yet but if you’re in the market to buy it is worth looking out for this. It couldn’t be a deal breaker for me now I know it’s an easy DIY job but could be used as a haggling tool when it comes down to it. 2011 RR Vogue 4.4 TDV8

Post #574745 1st Dec 2020 12:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12