Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > New 22MY FFRR due to be unveiled next week!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 46 <123 ... 444546>
Print this entire topic · 
Philip

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

There’s no chance of 10 months with no RR production, the six cylinder Ingeniums have only just been launched.

Post #595760 29th May 2021 5:15pm

United Kingdom 

No one said they were stopping for 10 months. I guess they have stopped to re-tool over the summer shut down (probably lengthened because of the semi conductor shortage) and then they will recommence production with L460 press cars and then customer cars for first deliveries close to March.

Post #595771 29th May 2021 6:51pm
AnotherMutley

United Kingdom 

It’d be nice if JLR would be upfront with the dealers and say that they’re not taking any new orders for the L405, instead of having customer orders sat in a holding pool indefinitely. I can’t really wait 10 months for a replacement car that I’ll be effectively beta testing. It wouldn’t be too bad if the order book was open for the 22MY Sport and the P525 was still available but that’s long gone. Only other option is a Sport SVR which doesn’t float my boat.

Post #595782 29th May 2021 11:28pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

5.0 wrote:
No one said they were stopping for 10 months. I guess they have stopped to re-tool over the summer shut down (probably lengthened because of the semi conductor shortage) and then they will recommence production with L460 press cars and then customer cars for first deliveries close to March.

Press & dealer cars are already built sir... And have been now for approx 3 months Thumbs Up

Post #595785 30th May 2021 12:47am
aja500

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Aruba

Nothing would surprise me in terms of delivery dates.

I previously placed an order for a 2018 MY 5.0 SC car in late September 17. Initially I was told delivery January 2018, then March, then May, then July. In the end I just cancelled it, I couldn't wait that long.

The best bit is, you can still go on the Land Rover website today and build and place an order for a 5.0 2021 MY car!!

Post #595788 30th May 2021 6:58am
AnotherMutley

United Kingdom 

So when are the dealers going to start contacting people and giving them options, the new car will surely be more expensive than the outgoing model. I’d still prefer something proven than bleeding edge.

Post #595793 30th May 2021 7:47am
aja500

Completely agree - I'd much rather know what I'm going to get and to be honest, I really don't crave the latest tech.

I'm more interested in how a car drives and how it feels, I couldn't care less whether or not the occasional use of the sat nav is a second or two quicker!!

I know Chalky recently collected his 2021 MY, I suspect he'll be one of the lucky last.

As for what the outcome will be..... I'm not really sure:

1. Will the dealers honour the agreed price?
2. Will they honour the discount percentage instead?
3. Or will they simply say, it's more expensive now, pay the price or we'll refund your deposit?

If they do the latter, they'll certainly have a fight on their hands with me. I sold a virtually brand new Rolls-Royce Cullinan on the strength of this order, it';s bad enough that I'm going to have to wait significantly longer for delivery without paying a premium because of their production schedule!!

Post #595881 30th May 2021 7:03pm
Bloke

Scotland 2009 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

This thread needs pictures. Cool

Post #595884 30th May 2021 7:41pm
aja500

If you're referring to the Cullinan I sold, it's here

Last edited by aja500 on 3rd Jul 2021 8:20pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #595891 30th May 2021 8:28pm
aja500

And here's my pride and joy..........

A 2007, Naturally Aspirated V8 Petrol L322 in Buckingham Blue with Parchment (a rare car with Jaguar engine, 6 speed gearbox and the later improved suspension).

One of the nicest, most comfortable lazy cruisers you could ever wish to drive.

(Rear seats removed for dogs)

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #595894 30th May 2021 8:43pm
AnotherMutley

United Kingdom 

aja500 wrote:
Completely agree - I'd much rather know what I'm going to get and to be honest, I really don't crave the latest tech.

I'm more interested in how a car drives and how it feels, I couldn't care less whether or not the occasional use of the sat nav is a second or two quicker!!

I know Chalky recently collected his 2021 MY, I suspect he'll be one of the lucky last.

3. Or will they simply say, it's more expensive now, pay the price or we'll refund your deposit?

If they do the latter, they'll certainly have a fight on their hands with me. I sold a virtually brand new Rolls-Royce Cullinan on the strength of this order, it';s bad enough that I'm going to have to wait significantly longer for delivery without paying a premium because of their production schedule!!

That’s the big question, looking at it from a commercial standpoint, while it would be nice if they honoured all previous pricing offered to customers, I can’t see JLR offering the L460 at the same price as the L405, they’re going to want to relieve their customers of as much as they can to recoup some of their development costs.

My guess is between a 6-13% increase, to offset that, the JLR finance deposit contribution will probably increase to £5000, maybe even £6000 for an Autobiography. Given all of the foibles that new Defender owners had with the first models, for me, while the pricing is annoying, its the delivery times and potential teething troubles that concern me most.

Post #595895 30th May 2021 8:51pm
AnotherMutley

United Kingdom 

If you mean spy shots?

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/spy-shots/ra...amed-l460/

My colleague told me he’d seen some camo covered cars on the M20 recently and someone on the RRS forum said they’d seen some on test around Staffordshire.

Post #595896 30th May 2021 8:55pm

United Kingdom 

aja500 wrote:

!

Unless you spend an awful lot of money regularly at said dealer, in my experience the answer will be 3.

Every dealer knows that unless LR has made a complete mess of the L460, they will be able to sell all the allocation they will get at full price for at least a couple of years. Therefore why offer any discounts? Only if they think they will lose out in the long run with large buyers. For most of us that means that the dealer will just say sorry, but the old model ceased production but you can have the new one at full price if you want and we will put you at the top of the queue (behind the celebrities and YouTubers of course).

If anyone knows of a dealer that has morals and good customer service and doesn’t take this approach then please let me know as I will put my order in with them rather than the local jokers. Laughing

Post #595897 30th May 2021 8:58pm
aja500

It'll be interesting....... If these dealerships have any decency, they should at least be honouring the discount percentage.

That said, I'm used to companies trading on hidden small print in their T's & C's rather than integrity, so nothing would surprise me..

Post #595898 30th May 2021 9:00pm
MDG

United Kingdom 

Would love to hear more about the Cullinan @aja500…

L322 is perfect spec also, impeccable taste.

Post #595904 30th May 2021 9:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 46 <123 ... 444546>