Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > New 22MY FFRR due to be unveiled next week!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 46 <123 4 ... 444546>
Print this entire topic · 
aja500

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Aruba

Thanks MDG

Don't get me wrong, the Cullinan is a beautifully crafted fantastic car and I do absolutely love the Rolls-Royce brand. The service you get in both Sales and Service at Rolls-Royce is a world away from Land Rover and like nothing else I've ever experienced with any other brand.

I also still own a Series 2 Phantom Drophead Coupe, which I wouldn't part with for anything. However, all that said, with the Cullinan costing £324k, for me personally, it just didn't feel like £200k better than a nice FFRR Autobiography, so I made the decision to let it go before it began to depreciate.

Post #595906 30th May 2021 9:51pm
aja500

5.0 wrote:
aja500 wrote:

As for what the outcome will be..... I'm not really sure:

1. Will the dealers honour the agreed price?
2. Will they honour the discount percentage instead?
3. Or will they simply say, it's more expensive now, pay the price or we'll refund your deposit?

!

Unless you spend an awful lot of money regularly at said dealer, in my experience the answer will be 3.

Every dealer knows that unless LR has made a complete mess of the L460, they will be able to sell all the allocation they will get at full price for at least a couple of years. Therefore why offer any discounts? Only if they think they will lose out in the long run with large buyers. For most of us that means that the dealer will just say sorry, but the old model ceased production but you can have the new one at full price if you want and we will put you at the top of the queue (behind the celebrities and YouTubers of course).

If anyone knows of a dealer that has morals and good customer service and doesn’t take this approach then please let me know as I will put my order in with them rather than the local jokers. Laughing

I suppose it depends on your agreement. If you're someone who's walked into your local dealership over the last few months and said "I want to put £1,000 down against an L460", then you can expect to pay the full RRP.

If however you're someone who has a signed order form confirming an agreed price for a car and estimated delivery date, combined with an email from the Business Manager, whereby he states that once the finance is approved, the £7,000 finance contribution cannot be withdrawn, then you might be in a slightly different position.

If however the dealership choose not to be fair and decent, then a letter to Land Rover UK will follow. Failing that, I'll collect my refund and transfer my order to another dealership - Either way, it won't keep me awake at night.

But you are right 5.0, none of these dealers have any morals and I expect they almost certainly will try it on in the first instance.

Post #595908 30th May 2021 10:49pm

United Kingdom 

I guess it comes down to the small print in your agreement. I know with Porsche agreements they can basically change anything they want up to the point of the car being built and at the dealership.

Post #595919 31st May 2021 7:58am
MDG

United Kingdom 

Thanks @aja500.

Sounds like a wonderful collection of distinguished marques you have in your care!

Every credit to you.

Post #595922 31st May 2021 8:12am
aja500

Thanks MDG

Post #595924 31st May 2021 8:42am
aja500

5.0 wrote:
I guess it comes down to the small print in your agreement. I know with Porsche agreements they can basically change anything they want up to the point of the car being built and at the dealership.

I know what you're saying is right 5.0, however, I still don't think they'll want all the headache and they will at least try to reach some sort of compromise, rather than saying we're giving you absolutely nothing.

Time will tell, we should know more in the next couple of weeks. I'll keep all updated Thumbs Up

Post #595925 31st May 2021 8:47am
Chalky

United Kingdom 

From some of the posts in this thread and looking at the cammo pics of the L460 I think I made the correct decision in taking delivery of my VSE 2 weeks ago. The new car looks to have lost that fabulous sweeping line along the side of the car when you stand at the back and look along the side of the car. If ever a car could be described as "sexy" then that "line" is it!!

I've only done 350 miles since then, but can say the D300 is a great engine and there are some nice little refinements since the 2018MY car Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Oh, and I DO like the Carpathian grey!! All LR cars from 1984
2021.5 Vogue SE D300 Carpathian Grey
2018 Vogue SE British Racing Green GONE

Post #595931 31st May 2021 10:38am
GGDR

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

They often put filler like foam etc under the camo vinyl to create false lines.

What do we think will happen to 405 SH prices once launched guys?

. Cheers, Greg
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2011 Vogue SE 4.4 with lots of toys in Stornaway

Post #595942 31st May 2021 11:58am
Andy S

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Aintree Green

I reckon 405 second hand prices will hold up, especially the newer ones. The 460 will have a load of gremlins (as all new models do) and lots of folk will wait for the the glitches to get sorted before committing, so will go for a recent 405 to tide them over if they want a change. After about a year or so the 405 prices will soften though. Expect LR to register loads of 460s themselves and give them to their ‘brand partners’ (so the Royals plus slebs), which means in a year or so there will be a load of 460s coming on to LRAU, which is bound to hit the price of a 405.

Post #595955 31st May 2021 3:52pm
MonkeyMan

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Causeway Grey

Until the 460 is relatively widespread, the 405 will remain the ‘latest’ model with the premium that commands. In 12-18 months I would expect some softening, although as the recently retired model there will still be a premium over the 322.

With price inflation we are seeing at the moment, I would almost expect my 405 to be about the same value in early 2022 as I paid for it in March.

The last 2 Jaguars I bought were both at a time when the economy was tight, and when things improved I saw them appreciate in value to the point that a year after I bought each of them they were worth 20% more than I paid.

Used car values are a constant mystery as to what will happen next!

Post #595965 31st May 2021 4:16pm
TJH1985

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black

Passed on in full cammo on the A5 yesterday.

The cammo is so clever it didn’t give anything away. Sold - Bell a 2015 MY16 Loire Blue Autobiography 4.4 SDV8
Previously George a 2007 MY07 Java Black VSE 3.6 TDV8
Previously a 04 MY04 Defender 90 Sad

Post #596039 1st Jun 2021 6:04am
aja500

Chalky wrote:
From some of the posts in this thread and looking at the cammo pics of the L460 I think I made the correct decision in taking delivery of my VSE 2 weeks ago. The new car looks to have lost that fabulous sweeping line along the side of the car when you stand at the back and look along the side of the car. If ever a car could be described as "sexy" then that "line" is it!!

I've only done 350 miles since then, but can say the D300 is a great engine and there are some nice little refinements since the 2018MY car Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Oh, and I DO like the Carpathian grey!!

You definitely did the right thing getting yours a couple of weeks ago Chalky, you made a smart move there - Congratulations, sounds like you're really pleased with it Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

All the reasons stated above by others, including Andy S and MonkeyMan are the reasons I placed my order 4-6 weeks ago. I believe there will be lots of teething issues, particularly with the electronics. I do also think the values of the L405, particularly newer ones will hold strong for a good 18 months to 2 years at least, for me though, the biggest unknown and uncertainty lies with where will the new price of this car go?

We're seeing Bentley Bentayga's at circa £200k (once spec'd), Cullinan's at £300k+, will Land Rover see this as an opportunity to ramp up the cost, especially if they think there new model is a great piece of work. This will make the outgoing, heavily discounted L405's look like an even bigger bargain. Pure speculation, I don't know that this will be the case, I may be completely wrong, I just don't think the normal 3-5% is going to be where it's at, I suspect the increase may be greater, particularly with the LWB version which I've ordered.

I think we should all know more within the coming weeks......

Post #596041 1st Jun 2021 7:19am
AnotherMutley

United Kingdom 

Aja, I think you've hit the nail on the head with pricing. JLR have said quite a few times that they want to take the next Range Rover more upmarket, so I think price increases for the next model might border on the eye watering.

Post #596049 1st Jun 2021 8:47am
Autobiography

2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

I suspect we'll be looking at a minimum of £90k list. I'm sure they're going to want to keep entry-level Vogue models under £100k.

Post #596053 1st Jun 2021 9:03am
MonkeyMan

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Causeway Grey

A couple of years back I took a Tesla model X for a test drive in the US. Spec started out at about $80k, but once you have added all the bells and whistles its north of $150k.

The salesman said that they sell $160-170k Model X units all day long, everyone thoroughly pimps them out. Admittedly, thats was in Orange County, where nobody buys anything but the best, but if I were JLR I would be looking for ways to make a £150k purchase seem 'normal'. They have the RRS and Velar to pick up the people who cant stretch that far (that Velar was a lovely drive when I tried one).

Post #596074 1st Jun 2021 10:52am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 46 <123 4 ... 444546>